Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
You must be very tolerant man to allow this major abuse of your property. Fortunately Belize is not litigious like the U.S. but I would still be concerned about what we Gringos refer to as a "prescriptive easement". Allowing the public to use your land for a long period of time can only cause a problem, even here. Time to start charging golf carts for parking and a fee for food vendors. That will reduce the number of people and pay for somebody to keep order.

Regardless or how; it's really an abuse. Just my thoughts.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
Well Hon ,I'm not sure how to take your comment but I'm sure in Canada private property is private property and respected as such . It's not the fact that people are enjoying their self there it's the fact they can"t take care of their trash ! No respect

Hon Offline
Edwardo, those who know me know that I am very sincere. I mean it when I say that you and your property deserve respect...in every way.

Newfoundlanders are the only people in heaven who want to go home.
Well thank you Hon .

Well, there are speed trap cops, show me your license are you drunk cops, mall cops, parking cops, so why not have some litter cops. Dare say they would be the busiest cops on the island.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
Well said they would need an army of litter cops.

And, bring in more revenue than anything else. Pay them a percentage of their generated fines.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
It is my understanding that there is a 33 or 66 feet public access "easement" for all property along any waterway (rivers, streams, lagoon, sea) in Belize. So Belizeans enjoying the water with their family is allowed. Tourists being encouraged by Resorts is another issue and should be nipped in the bud. Educating Belizeans about littering, holding them accountable, and fining for violators would be a good thing.

Now who is responsible for the oversight of this program?

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
66 ft is the easement that's ok. It's when they cross the property line party on my property and dump their trash over my fence.

elbert Offline OP
OP Offline
Littering or not littering rather is a long term education fix. We cant solve this quick and easy. It has to be taught the children first and they need to grow up with litter awareness.
Unless you think we could get away with cutting the hand of the offender, I hear that works in some circles.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.