Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#503639 - 04/24/15 10:29 AM Hon. Fonseca Says Rt. Hon. Musa Not Going Anywhere
Marty Offline
Earlier this week we told you about the discussion in the PUP over whether Said Musa should retire earlier than planned - since his baggage may be affecting the PUP's electability. Musa himself told us that the matter has been raised, but he said he was not treating it with urgency. We know that others in the party do see it as urgent. But don't count Party Leader Francis Fonseca as one of them. Today in San Joaquin, he told CTV-3 that there is no plan to ditch the party's elder statesman:...

Hon. Francis Fonseca, Leader of the Opposition
"In the case of Mr. Musa, no such decision has been taken by Mr. Musa or by anybody else in the party at this point."

Reporter
"So, so far that could be just as a rumor?"

"Yea, at this point it's just speculation. Mr. Musa, as you know has made it clear that he's getting up in age. He has been thinking about that, whether or not he should run in the next elections, that's no secret he has said that. So I think he has yet to make a final decisions to what he wants, but at the end of the day we will respect whatever decision he makes."

Reporter
"Should he decide to actually resign from that position or his post, has the party considered or have any particular individual in mind for that?"

"No, we haven't reached that none at all. He haven't discussed, as I said Mr. Musa is the representative for Fort George and unless that changes then we will have to discuss that other issue."

Reporter
"Would you say that you're worried if that decision should be taken, because that is one of the PUP stronghold so far in the past years?"

"No. I wouldn't be worried at all. I think the PUP can win Fort George. And Mr. Musa will support any candidate who goes into Fort George if he decides to step down."

The 71 year old Musa has won the Fort George division 7 times, the six times in succession.

Channel 7

#504086 - 05/08/15 10:57 AM Re: Hon. Fonseca Says Rt. Hon. Musa Not Going Anywhere [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

Rt. Hon. Musa Wonít Retire Anytime Soon

Just over 2 weeks ago, we told you about the discussion within the PUP that elder statesman Said Musa should seriously consider retirement. The talk within the party is that the 71 year-old's baggage may be affecting the Opposition's image to independent voters.

His Party Leader, Francis Fonseca, made it clear that he wa sin no rush to send Musa on his way. So what about the man himself? Well, we put the question directly to him today, and here's his response:

Daniel Ortiz
"Is that something that you've considered?"

Rt. Hon. Said Musa, Area Rep. - Fort George
"Of course I've considered it, but I will not be guided by what my opposition wants me to do. So, the more Mr. Barrow calls on me, or comments about my age, I need to remind him that I am not the one who have to walk with a walking stick, okay."

Daniel Ortiz
"Sir, hasn't voters come to you and suggest that?"

"No. Not at all. In fact ever since this matter was commented upon in the press, many of my supporters in the Fort George are begging me to stay on."

Reporter
"So, you don't believe it is time to retire from political life?"

"I don't believe it is my time to retire. When I have such a belief I will retire, okay."

Musa has won in the Fort George division 7 times, 6 of them consecutively.

Channel 7

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 95 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.