Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#504115 - 05/09/15 11:35 AM Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye?
Heidi A Offline
Can anyone give me some idea how much it costs to build a pier on Ambergris Caye? I know there are many variables, but need some idea of how much a well-built pier, with boat dock and lift, water entry at the end, might cost? Trying to put together a construction budget estimate, and it's the only construction item I've not been able to find addressed on the web. Who is willing to build a pier In Ambergris Caye? Thank you.

#504133 - 05/10/15 01:29 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Nobody You Know Offline
Depending on where it is you will find it very difficult to get a permit...

#504134 - 05/10/15 01:52 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
B4B Offline
Heidi,
I understand that the approximate cost to build a pier is $1000US per foot....most are in the 200-300 foot range depending on the area where you are building.

I think Alfaro Construction builds piers if you want to give them a call to confirm the cost.

Good luck!

#504138 - 05/10/15 04:16 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: B4B]
Diane Campbell Offline
Originally Posted By B4B
Heidi,
I understand that the approximate cost to build a pier is $1000US per foot....most are in the 200-300 foot range depending on the area where you are building.

I think Alfaro Construction builds piers if you want to give them a call to confirm the cost.

Good luck!

Too many zeros ..... One hundred, not one thousand dollars a linear foot.
Graniels builds them, also Burlioz Gurero.

#504141 - 05/10/15 06:17 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Maya House Offline
I believe Norman Eiley builds them as well. (Or at least he has in the past.)

#504142 - 05/10/15 06:45 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
PDS Offline
Graniels made my and happy with it.
Cost... Depends what kind of bolts, how many miles away, the wide, how long is the step down, the tip of pier, etc...
PM me to connect Graniels

#504143 - 05/10/15 11:17 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Edwardo Offline
Graniels or maybe try Lloyd Budden I hear he also builds them.Graniels did my workfor me .

#504144 - 05/11/15 12:31 AM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Nick Barton Offline
You mention a lift and by that I assume you mean a boat lift. If so I recall about 4 years ago a lift itself cost about US$6,000 plus getting it shipped here and then installed.

#504175 - 05/12/15 02:14 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Nobody You Know Offline
I'll second the Alfaro recommendation. Great people to work with and exceptional work(On time and on budget)...

#504181 - 05/12/15 10:27 PM Re: Cost to Build a Pier on Ambergris Caye? [Re: Heidi A]
Heidi A Offline
Thank you folks so much for the information and referrals. It's been extremely helpful. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 95 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,064 Topics
462,323 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.