Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#504225 - 05/14/15 12:00 PM Today's Belize News: May 14, 2015
Marty Offline

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5 and CTV 3
Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Miss San Pedro invites you to a Magical Mayan Night Fundraising Banquet
Since winning the crown and hearts of the San Pedro community in August 2014, Miss San Pedro Michelle Nuñez has taken on several projects. She is not only a beauty ambassador, but someone who is striving to make a change in the lives of young girls in need of moral support. As such, Nuñez launched the SHINE (Shaping Healthy Identities through Nurturing and Empowerment) program with the assistance of On Eagles Wings Ministries (OEWM) to empower young women. In an effort to continue the program, Nuñez will be hosting a fundraising banquet to raise monies to build a SHINE/OEWM center and home for victims of sexual exploitation.I Am Me 2 “A Magical Mayan Night” banquet will be held at Ramon’s Village Resort on Saturday, May 16th from 5:30PM to 9PM. This fun event includes a dinner buffet, Chinese auction, Maya flute music by Pablo Collado and of course, refreshing cocktails. The night will also commemorate the final activity of the SHINE girls’ first semester curriculum. “I have been patiently waiting for the event to come. I am inviting my entire community to be a part of the SHINE center! Together we can make a difference. Come and witness Pablo Collado and his Maya Flute, enjoy some Maya Pibil Tacos, and start saving those dollar coins as the Chinese Auction is bigger than ever. Persons will have a chance to win two round trip tickets to Punta Gorda with Tropic Air, where you get to enjoy the activities at the ‘Chocolate Festival of Belize’ which also includes accommodations and lunch with a Maya Family!! Let’s get into the spirit and wear Mayan white,” said Nuñez.

Finn K Project successfully celebrates island moms
Mother’s Day is celebrated on various days and months in many parts of the world, and this year it was celebrated on May 10th here in Belize. To celebrated island moms on their special day, Findley Halliday, along with a very supportive San Pedro Business Community and several volunteers, hosted a Mother’s Day Brunch on Sunday, May 10th. Complete with a variety of breakfast classics, pastries and even small gifts for each mother in attendance, the event was a huge success and saw mothers of all ages attending. Held at the San Pedro Lions Den from 10AM to noon, Halliday catered to about 200 mothers from across the island. “I was so happy to see all the moms that came out to attend the event and enjoyed everything we had to offer. It is always good to give back to the community, especially to our mothers that work so hard every day,” said Halliday. A full meal of eggs, sausages, pancakes, fruits and so much more was served along with either fruit punch, coffee or milk. Mommies thoroughly enjoyed their meals, and even had a sweet treat to complete the brunch experience.

Pedro Sicajan Diaz passes away
On Wednesday, May 7th at around 7:30PM, the San Pedro Police visited Swan Street at the entrance of the San Pedrito Area after they had been alerted of a body lying on the sidewalk besides a nearby store. Upon arrival at the scene, police found the lifeless body of a Hispanic male. The deceased was later identified as 50-year-old Guatemalan National Pedro Sicajan Diaz. There were no visible signs of injury besides an abrasion in the mouth. Diaz, who was known to be suffering from alcohol addiction, is believed to have died of an alcohol abuse related illness. No foul play is suspected.

Libertad FC defeats island teams in weekend Football Marathon
The never ending football action continued in San Pedro during the two day United FC Football Marathon held at the Ambergris Stadium. Three well-seasoned island football teams and one mainland team from Libertad Village, faced off in a series of matches in the most exciting game in the world. United FC, Legends FC, Libertad FC and Los Catrachos classed in the preliminary round on Saturday, May 9th. By the second game day on Sunday, May 10th the final matches had already been determined and all eyes were on the almost five-foot first place trophy. Libertad FC and Los Catrachos were the two teams that made it to the finals. While the clear favorite of the crowd was Los Catrachos, Libertad FC was not planning on leaving without the trophy! As both teams prepared for the championship match that kicked off shortly after 1PM, anticipation grew across the Stadium. It was a tight game, with both teams showing their true strengths. At the end of the first half neither team had a goal, but that was about to change. Libertad took control of the match in the 70th minute when they broke through Los Catrachos defense and scored the first goal of the match. Los Catrachos was desperate for a score, but it wasn’t until up to the last minute that they managed to tie the game. Since there was still no clear champion, the game had to head into penalties. As alternating players from both teams headed to the goal box, the crowd held their breath in anticipation. Unfortunately Los Catrachos, was the first to miss a penalty, allowing Libertad FC to win the match in a 5-4 point game. For their win, Libertad took home major bragging rights, the grand trophy and several other prizes, while Los Catrachos had to settle for the second place trophy and prizes.

Ambergris Today

PUC Announces Decrease in Electricity Rate, BEL Says Possible Rate Increase After
Last week the Public Utilities Commission announced that electricity rates would be reduced from 41cents per kilowatt to 35 cents, which brought a sigh of relief to Belizeans. But a press release from Belize Electricity Limited released this week indicates that the company is not too happy about an additional discount that the PUC has factored into its rate setting methodology. So even though Belizeans will see a decrease of six cents saved on every kilowatt hour consumed when the reduction comes into effect on July 1, 2015 (applicable until June 30, 2016), the company says that it might be forced to increase the rate once the period is over. BEL’s initial request to the PUC was for a 10.4% decrease and ended up with a 15.24% cutback. According to BEL’s press release, their rate reduction methodology is not the same as that of the PUC’s, and even though they are pleased with the approval of a rate reduction, the utility company will be seeking a rate increase come July 2016. Below is the press release sent out by Belize Electricity Limited:

Southwest Airlines Announces Ticket Sales for Belize/Houston Flights
Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly announced yesterday, May 13, 2015, that tickets for their Belize flights started to go on sale as of 3a.m., Thursday, May 14. Southwest Airlines has announced that it will be adding flights to Belize City from Houston starting October 15, 2015. At the press conference Kelly also stated that the airline added Liberia, Costa Rica, to the list of previously announced international destinations that Southwest will serve from Houston. Flights to Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, Los Cabos, Cancún in Mexico as well as San Jose start October 15. A flight to Montego Bay, Jamaica and the Liberia flight will begin November 1. Service to Aruba from Hobby began earlier this year. Kelly said four of the eight new flights have no competition in Houston currently. "These flights will provide much needed competition," Kelly said. "There will be much needed relief from some of the highest international fares in the country."

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

The ladies of La Voz Karaoke 2015
Makeup by: Sublime by AnnMar Ayala Hair by: Escat Salon Outfits (Roxana): Le' Mar's Emporium Photographer: Hernan Perez © 2015

WOMEN"S CROSS COUNTRY BICYCLE RACE!!!!
this Sunday - Cayo to Belize City... starts at 8AM.. finishes in front of Leslie's

CDB project to benefit MSMEs, housing, education launched in Belize
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) is providing funding to the Development Finance Corporation of Belize (DFC) to better support the productive sector, including small business; to assist students to access tertiary level and skills training programmes; and families to acquire or improve their own homes. Officially initiated on Tuesday at the CDB-DFC project launch workshop in Belize City, the programme, on completion in 2016 should benefit 50 MSMEs; 200 students and 150 lower middle income households. The project is being made possible via a loan of US$10.5 million and a grant of US$0.086 million to be used for: loans to the productive sector including micro-enterprises; mortgage financing; student loans; and renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) pilot programme. The financing also includes funding of a pilot programme among existing viable businesses to demonstrate the benefits of EE/RE. This EE/RE component of the loan will be accompanied with a grant of US$86,000 from CDB’s Caribbean Technological Consultancy Services (CTCS) to finance the cost of energy audits of participating businesses.

Power Interruption 8:00am to 2:00pm, Saturday, May 16, Belize City
portion of George Price Highway from Foam Factory to Faber’s Rd junction, Faber’s Rd junction to Krooman Rd and Krooman Rd. Two 5 minute power interruptions from 8:00 to 8:05am and 1:55 to 2:00 p.m. to affect Mile 1 to Mile 8 on the George Price Highway including Western Pines & West Lake and Mile 1 to Mile 3 on the Philip Goldson Highway, including University Heights, Coral Grove, Belama Phase 1 and Belama Phase 2 between Chetumal Street & Gwen Lizarraga Street. BEL to relocate high voltage lines from overhead to underground at the Faber’s Rd roundabout.

Maps of Belize Seismic surveys and wells

31st Annual Garifuna Convention
SAVE THE DATE! An event you DO NOT WANT TO MISS! World Renown Performers: The Garifuna Collective Venue to be announced soon.

Belize Ambassador residence in Guatemala Searched
Because of the recent corruption case involving the Guatemala Vice president resigning, her assets are being investigated. The residence of Belize's Ambassador to Guatemala, Alexis Rosado, was owned by a company that apparently is owned by former Vice President of Guatemala, Roxanna Baldetti, who resigned last week Friday. Wilfred “Sedi” Elrington, Minister of Foreign Affairs is quoted to say to Channel 5 “I received word; actually I have been to that residence. I think a month or two ago, I went there for the first time and it was spacious and a nice building for the residence of the ambassador. And when I went there we did discuss the question of the ownership of it, whom he was renting it from and at that time he informed me that in fact he had been informed me that it belonged to a company that ceased to do business, for one reason or the other, in Guatemala. The company had built the building as residence for its employees and then the company went out of business and they needed to rent it and it was shown to him and of all the premises that he looked at that was perhaps the most suitable for his purposes.

Hike to Victoria Peak. March 2015
Who has seen Victoria Peak has seen beauty. Who has climbed Victoria Peak can understand beauty. This was my first time to actually make it to the top, as my plans were cut short due to rain back in 2006. Such a hike really reconnects you with nature even if it has been decades apart. Here is a photostory for birders, botanists, GIS-ists :-) , and all those of you who love Belize for its natural wonders. Enjoy!

Hands for Life Visits Cristo Rey Primary School
SHJC's Hands for Life club visited Cristo Rey Primary School to hand out gifts and school supplies to the kids there. Thanks, H4L!

La Integracion
Here is another great opportunity for Belizean Artists between the ages of 18-30.

May 3rd – May 9th, 2015 Belize Fishing Report
Tarpon are back in the mix this week with some spectacular results, Permit slowed down a little but this could be due to the fact more people were fishing for tarpon since the weather was so good.

Channel 7

Hon. King Says No Lake-I Land For Squatters, Only For "His People"
Last night on the news you heard Lake Independence squatter Bernarda Riviera call out her area representative Mark King trying to move her group of 12 families off land – just so that he could give it to his supporters. Today, King told 7News that he can’t give any land in that area because the final map is just being made – but when he does give land it won’t be to Bernard Riviera and her squatters collective:… Hon. Mark King - Area Representative, Lake I "Made allegations that I want to give these land to my cronies. Boss, lot of those people who work with me in Lake I live in Lake I for years. They are living in their ma and pa backyard. We have single parents who are living in their ma and pa backyard so long that apply for a piece of land. Sometimes you have 3, 4 house like conchshell bay, crack up in the back of a little ghetto yard - and you will tell me that because you the wait, you just come and squat on this land. No man, I think our Lake I people who are living back long time and done have their application in, went through the right process. Boss I really see good and evil here and I think I am operating on the good side. This girl Cardova, I cast her as a PUP operative.

Belize's Mayan Antiquities Making A US Coast to Coast Run
A climate controlled eighteen wheeler is tonight on a 3,000 mile journey from Boston to San Diego. But this is not just another cargo truck – in that truck there are over 250 of Belize’s most prized Mayan artefacts, meticulously packed and stored. While these artefacts carry sacred stories of Maya antiquity, the science of packing them carries a story of its own. News Director Jules Vasquez and cameraman Codie Noralez traveled to Boston this weekend to capture …..last night you saw a snippet, tonight we bring you the full story…. Jules Vasquez Reporting… The mouth of the historic Charles River is dammed at the Boston Museum of Science inside, oblivious to the river’s pull, technicians are working with precision to disassemble the display cases known as vitrines which contain some of Belize; most previous artefacts.

Cricketer Was Victim Of Gill Street Shooting Spree
32 year old Shooting victim and well known cricketer Mykelt Anthony is recovering tonight at the KHMH – after a long surgery. Anthony was one of the blameless victims who was hit in a wild drive by shooting on Monday on Gill Street. He had simply loaned someone his bicycle to go to the store and was standing nearby when he was caught in the hail of gunfire. He was shot twice to the back and once to the legs. One of the shots was very close to his spine and so, he remains in critical condition and his recovery is being watched closely. Anthony, is a star bowler for Belize's national cricket team. Last year July his team - Easy Does it of Lemonal won the Harrison Parks national cricket championship against 4-times champions, Brilliant Cricket Club of Crooked Tree.

PUP Makes Moves In Griga, But Did "Maca" Step Down, OR Was He Pushed Out?
Last night we told you about the PUP’s big move – where the party’s elected Representative in Dangriga, Ivan Ramos would be stepping aside to make way for a new standard bearer in the division. That newcomer is Anthony Sabal, a career educator well respected in Dangriga. And so today, the handover at Independence Hall in Belize City should have been seamless – a feast of well wishing to give the party momentum and the benefit of a clean transition, a fresh start. Turns out, it was anything but that! Jules Vasquez was there: Jules Vasquez Reporing… The uneasy looks and stiff body language of these three – and then these two may have said it all Today’s handover of the PUP Dangriga Standard bearer seat did not go as smoothly as might have been hoped for. It started out well enough with the national campaign manager referring to the leader’s pledge of renewal:: Godfrey Smith - PUP Nat’l Campaign Manager "And so this morning's press presentation is a result of that ongoing process that the PUP is engaged in of self examination and getting itself in the fittest possible fighting form for the general elections."

Hon. Ramos Says His Personal Finances Are His Personal Problem
Today we also asked Ramos to address the touchy issue of the state of his personal finances. His difficulties are a matter of public record since his properties were published in the papers and he is a public figure. He said it is something that his opponent sin the party did try to use against him:… Jules Vasquez "We have seen in the papers couple of your properties. You're a public figure, is your personal finance issue factor at all into this decision?" Hon. Ivan Ramos - PUP Representative – Dangriga "Jules, that - and I want to be very clear about that. That's a personal business. In this party, nobody had asked me about that. I know some of them has used that as a reason to justify what ever but if I lose anything it's me, it's me." And so while Ramos leaves in a cloud of uncertainty both personally and politically, his replacement has the backing, we are told, of a man who should have no financial problems: Dr. Henry Canton – the former Director and CEO of Citrus Products of Belize Limited. Today we asked about his role in the southern manoeuvres.

Rawell Resigns, After All
Rawell Pelayo, the controversial Senior Vice President of the Football Federation of Belize, has resigned. He has accepted the FFB’s offer to make an orderly exit from the organization instead of being unceremoniously kicked out. As we told you, he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit narcotics trafficking on June 30, 2014. By FFB statutes, that made him ineligible to remain as a member of the executive since his actions brought the organization into disrepute. At the last FFB general congress, his expulsion was delayed because his football peers believed that he deserved the opportunity to vacate the post in a more dignified manner. That finally came on Saturday when he tendered his letter of resignation to the General Secretary of the FFB.

Crooked Tree Station Opens, In time For Convention
This morning the Minister of National Security, and senior officers of Eastern Division joined Belize Rural North Area Representative Edmond Castro in Crooked Tree to inaugurate the new Police Station. Of course, it’s timed to give Castro a nice boost going into his divisional convention. The station has been operational since October 2013, but the ceremony was held today, weeks before the convention. Pure politics, but the speakers took it dead serious, recounting the difficulties that they faced in trying to get the station to a useable state: Hon. Edmund Castro - Area Representative, Belize Rural North "When I got elected there was a shell that was here that we called a police station which it was impossible for any policing activity to take place. That old police station shell went through 3 area representatives before me and I promised the people of Crooked Tree that we will make sure that we will try to get a better facility for them here at Crooked Tree. And we lobbied and lobbied along to the minister of National Security, Hon. John Saldivar and also to the prime minister and cabinet for assistance in helping the construction of the police station in Crooked Tree. Here we are today, inaugurating the police station here in Crooked Tree - which can easily facilitate 2 officers and enough space for the holding cell and office and so forth."

Petro-C In Crooked Tree
And Castro should have the wind at his back, because two weeks ago, the Prime Minister announced that Petrocaribe funded projects will be rolled out to the rural areas of the country, since most of the focus has been on the urban areas. Well, Castro told the press today that Crooked Tree is one of the first communities which is benefiting from this rural roll out. He said that the focus of the first project is the Causeway which experienced major flooding in 2013, continuing well into the first half of 2014: Hon. Edmund Castro - Area Representative, Belize Rural North "Petrocaribe money is now reaching the Belize rural north constituency and here today in Crooked Tree, we have a contractor, Julio Patt and Sons who are raising the causewayfor Crooked Tree. I chose that project simply because that's an area that gave us a lot of hard time, especially in the flood period. So, we have secured some funding for the rolling out of petrocaribe for the causeway of Crooked Tree. We'll be doing approximately half a mile which will take beyond the first and second bridge with the same level that we had. And we notice the last time the area that did not cover because we have the proper level there. So we are working on that as we speak. You will see the truck traversing material back and forth, we're using the material right from blackbound.

GIS Is Everyday Technology
Geographical Information Systems or GIS: the term may sound too high-tech, like something only computer types can use. But, really, accessing GIS is as easy as doing a Google search. Today the 5th annual GIS conference was held at the Biltmore and business managers, educators and representatives from the health sector presented on how GIS has dramatically improved their operations. Now that is on the corporate level, but how can this system improve your daily life? A representative from the Global Geo-spatial Information Management Unit at the United Nations, Cecille Bake, told us about the multifaceted benefits of this GIS in the commercial world and in your personal life. Cecille Blake - Global Geo-spatial Information Management Unit, UN "You have a map and traditionally people don't like maps. They say maps hard to read and people would only use it to go from A to B - they would be in their car and mark and say A,B,C. There's only so much information you can show on a map. What GIS does is to put that information that you have on a paper map into a digital form. So now, when it is in a digital form, you can have layers or various information - so that you see everything together on the map and you can see the relationships. GIS allows you to map information in various means; from satellites, the land surveyor, even the ordinary person with your cellphone can collect information that goes into a GIS database.

Conch Shell Cruelty?
Tonight a 35 year old fisherman and a father of 6 is detained at the Queen Street Police Station. According to the family of Jason Orozco, he is facing ammunition charges. Police conducted a search out at the Vernon Street Fish Market this morning –where 2 bullets were found in the area. Orozco was the only one taken away by police. Today we spoke with his family members who were on the scene at the time of the search who claim that nothing was found on Jason Orozco. Sister of Jason Orozco "Miss my brother come about after 7 and play a little dominoes and thing because he was waiting on the boat come in to buy fish that we usually sell. Now GSU pull up and they give him the first search and when he done get searched the first, he continue play dominoes - a next one come back again and tell him, they done searched you? So he said yes. Then after the next police tell him come make we search you again and they searched him again and they took him by a red vehicle and put him to sit down. Next minute, the next GSU come and find 2 bullet in a match box. When they find the bullet, my brother hola and tell his woman, they want to charge him for a bullet that he doesn't know about. My brother doesn't deal with gun nor he no kill nobody. We sell fish, he has his 6 pickney to deal with and his woman. Our mom died from when I was 1 month old and I have nobody by my side but my big brother. He looks after me right now. I went to station and when I went to station, I went back of the GSU office and when I went back to the GSU office, the man tell me come out because you smell like fish. Then after I told him I come check on my brother, I come check on my brother. He said that how Jason will get charged for the 2 bullet. We went back to front and when we went back to the front, one of the police say he is getting charged for 14 bullet that he doesn't know about."

Man Assaulted/Robbed Woman, Caught By Cops
21 year-old Frank Alexander Young is at the Belize Central Prison tonight, and that’s because he was accused of snatching a woman’s wallet and cellular phone. The incident happened on Monday at around 10 a.m. when Arelia Zetina was walking near the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts. That’s when Young allegedly ambushed her, punched her in the face, and stole her cellular phone and her wallet, which contained a small amount of cash and her personal documents. That’s in the near vicinity of the Magistrate’s Court which is swarming with police officers from the prosecution branch, and when Zetina yelled for help, they immediately responded. They managed to detain Young and retrieve the items from him.

Tanisha Took It To The Bank, Police Say
31 year-old Tanisha Sutherland, a mother of 5, is the Belize Central Prison after she was taken to court for allegedly forging cheques and cashing them at the bank. The complainant, Saba Badi, reported to police that between October 2, 2014 and December 12, 2014, Sutherland worked for him, and it was during that time that she forged 11 of his Scotia Bank cheques in her name and cashed them. She allegedly made off with $3,589 dollars through this scheme. Police charged her with 11 counts of forgery, and 1 count of theft, and when she was arraigned before Magistrate Ladonna John, the police prosecutor objected to the court granting her bail. After consideration, Magistrate John upheld the objections and remanded Sutherland until June 24.

Justice Through Education
Justice: it’s a demand many bitter and enraged families make and often never get after their loved one is murdered. We have reported on countless murders in our newscast but only a few of those cases result in convictions. Well, a group of scenes of crime investigators hope to increase the conviction rate and deliver on that demand. Today 27 new scenes of crime investigators graduated from a Forensic Crime Scene Investigation Course and a ceremony was held to honour them at the Princess Hotel this morning. We spoke to the CEO in the Ministry of National Security and he told us how this course will enhance the standard of crime investigation in Belize. Hayden Baldwin - Contract Constructor "The graduation is the final after a 10 month training period. So they've been through training in all aspects of crime scene processing. The group has been upgraded to international standards. So now they are experts in their fields and that includes the photography, latent prints, impression evidence, biological and trace evidence, report writing, sketching, interpreting the crime scene. The equipment you see behind me is all been supplied by the US embassy right now. With that equipment now, they're capable of taking photographs and processing the scene correctly. There's lot of equipment here, so there training has been very extensive to go through all of that. So now they will have the full capability of processing crime scenes."

Hon. Castro Says Challenger Dwight Ain't Got A Chance
Earlier we showed you the public works that are presently underway in Crooked Tree to raise the causeway. Those works – and others slated for the division will happen in Belize Rural North whether or not area representative Edmond Castro wins his convention in two weeks. He’s going up against Dwight Tillett, a former campaign manager of his and a former CEO in his Ministry. Tillett is confident that because of his personal history and track record in the division, he can beat Castro who has faced off multiple challengers over the years. Castro told us he couldn’t be bothered: Hon. Edmund Castro - Area Representative, Belize Rural North "The prime minister is supporting me, the entire cabinet is supporting me. This is not like - I remembered in the past 2 conventions where the cabinet was split and some of my colleagues were going up against me. The prime minister assures me that he is with me and the entire cabinet are with me. If you notice my cabinet colleague Hon. John Saldivar is here and I think last week or two Mr. Faber was at a function I had. And in the past minister Faber and I found ourselves on different sides of the fight in conventions but no longer minister Faber is against me. None of my colleagues are against me on this fight. So I think who ever wants to fool themselves and show their hat in the race."

Castro Calls PUP Opponent Friend and Future Loser
So, what about Castro’s other political opponent, Retired Major Lloyd Jones? Jones recently announced his candidacy for the PUP in Belize Rural North. Well, Castro had kinder words for Jones saying that he considers him a friend, who will remain that way even after he defeats him at the polls when the next General Elections take place: Hon. Edmund Castro - Area Representative, Belize Rural North "He's my friend. I would personally like to see him come and test the waters. I can hug him up and beat him in the next general election. I don't have any problem with that. I will still say that he is my friend. He could say what he want to say, slander me, I have no slandering to slander him - but I will beat him. And if they throw in back Arthur, I will beat him too." Daniel Ortiz "Aren't you afraid you are being over confident?” Hon. Edmund Castro "My friend, when my party was against me, leading up the 2008 election - I defeated my opponent in the convention handsomely. Won the election, all sort of things they jam the rastaman with. He will the election, comfortable, increasing the margin and now, what you think? I am getting the support from the prime minister, from all my cabinet colleague. Man, who so fool to want come test?”

Channel 5

Ivan Ramos Steps Aside, New P.U.P. Dangriga Standard Bearer Named
The People’s United Party held a press conference at Independence Hall in Belize City to announce the first in what the party says will be a number of changes to [...]

Party Leader Introduces Anthony Sabal as Ramos’ Successor
Taking up the mantle from Ivan Ramos is former career educator and historian, Anthony Sabal. Sabal spoke in English, Spanish after he was glowingly introduced by the party Leader, Francis [...]

Did Ramos Step Down on His Own or Was He Pushed Out?
Now the P.U.P. controls all the seats in the south, but the results of an audit show that all is not well so changes are anticipated elsewhere in the south [...]

P.U.P. Engages In Back and Forth with Media
But was the elected area rep pushed out? That question was answered in a back and forth with the media even as the campaign manager acknowledged that it was a [...]

Rawell Pelayo Steps Down As F.F.B. Vice President
Embattled Second Vice President Rawell Pelayo has formally tendered his resignation to the executive of the Football Federation of Belize.  His official withdrawal comes one month after F.F.B. President Ruperto [...]

Social Media Reporters Misinterpret News Five’s Story
On Tuesday, News Five aired an exclusive interview with Foreign Affairs Minister Wilfred Elrington during which he commented on an attempt by Guatemalan law enforcement to search the residence of [...]

What is GIS and How Does It Impact the Business Environment?
What do you know about Geographic Information Systems (GIS)? It sounds very technical and above our heads. But what GIS does is that it gathers information from data that is [...]

John Saldivar Endorses Clear the Land in Rural North
In more political news…Belize Rural North Area Representative Edmond Castro will face a challenge from Dwight Tillett at a U.D.P. convention scheduled for May thirty-first. Tillett has previously acted as [...]

Castro Confident That He Can Beat Lloyd Jones in Rural North
If Castro defeats Tillett at convention, as he says he surely will, his next challenge will come from the P.U.P.’s Lloyd Jones, who recently declared his candidacy in that area. [...]

Minister of National Security Criticizes Media for Crime Coverage
According to our records, to date, there have been forty-nine murders in 2015, compared to thirty-four during the same period in 2014. In April 2014, there were ten murders. In [...]

C.E.O. George Lovell Addresses Police Plan of Action for Eastern Division
While the Minister of National Security roundly criticized the media for purportedly exaggerating murder statistics for 2015, C.E.O. George Lovell told News Five that Eastern Division of the Police Department [...]

…Says Boots on the Ground Will Also Be Supervised
There are countless and persistent complaints of police brutality on civilians. Lovell says that supervision of police officers is a priority for the force so that standards in policing are [...]

New Police Station Inaugurated in Crooked Tree
There is a brand new Police Station in Crooked Tree. Actually it’s been in use since it was completed in October 2013, but today it was officially inaugurated with much [...]

Maskall Police Station Finally Renovated
For many months there have been complaints about the dilapidated, abandoned and empty Police Station in Maskall. There hasn’t been an officer stationed there because it is only fit for [...]

Petrocaribe Rolled Out on Crooked Tree Causeway
We’ve noticed that whenever there is a government or U.D.P. political event in the past six months, it’s just not complete until Petrocaribe has been mentioned at least once. And [...]

Scenes of Crime Technicians Graduate Forensic Program
Training concluded today for a group of technical personnel from the Police Department, who will hopefully hone their skills in investigative work and in the prosecution of cases where the [...]

Tanisha Sutherland Remanded for Forgery
A Belize City woman who was employed as a loan processor for a Canadian businessman who owns Global Communications Limited is tonight on remand at the Belize Central Prison. She [...]

OCEANA Organizes Hands Across the Sand
Offshore oil drilling – it is the one issue that just won’t go away and OCEANA Belize takes every opportunity to raise awareness on this national issue. So, on Saturday [...]

#504226 - 05/14/15 12:00 PM Re: Today's Belize News: May 14, 2015 [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

CTV3

2008 Compromis To Be Amended
Guatemala’s claim to more than half of Belize has gone on way too long, say Belizean officials, and last night in an extensive interview on Channel 5 with the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Wilfred Sedi Elrington it was revealed that Government has agreed to amend the Special Agreement signed between both countries in 2008. Viewers may recall that in December 2008, Prime Minister Dean Barrow signed an agreement with Guatemala submitting the issue of the Belize/Guatemala Territorial dispute to the world court for it to be resolved. Under the agreement a referendum was to be simultaneously in Belize and Guatemala on Oct. 6th, 2013. But, of course, that never happened for several reasons brought up by Guatemala. But that does not mean that the claim has been swept under the rug. The Foreign Minister went on record to state that he will be travelling to Guatemala later this month to sign the amendment to the Compromis at the request of the Guatemalans. So what is the reason for this and why weren’t the people informed? Well, according to Elrington, the request was made on the grounds that Guatemala wanted to cut costs in holding the referendum.

PUP Leader Says People Must Be Consulted Before Amendment Takes Place
With the 2008 agreement amended and giving power to Guatemala to hold its referendum individually, the burning question tonight is how this will affect Belizeans when it is their time to vote for or against taking the claim to the International Court of Justice? The issue without a doubt is a sensitive one and whiles the populace is yet to react to the news of the agreement being amended to accommodate Guatemala, Minister of Foreign Affairs Wilfred Elrington has stated that Belizeans or the process should not be affected. But what does the Opposition think about this latest move? According to Party Leader Francis Fonseca, the Prime Minister informed him about the discussion taking place to amend the compromise to allow Guatemala to hold the referendum this year and Belize theirs at a later date. According to Fonseca he was informed that Minister Elrington would be holding further discussions on the matter and would then prepare a proper statement which would be issued to the Belizean people informing them about the situation and government’s position on the issue. The P.U.P says Fonseca would have also been informed about the outcome of the discussion before a final decision was made.

Rawell Pelayo Resigns As Vice President Of FFB
In news emanating from the Football Federation of Belize, today the president and its executives announced the formal resignation of Vice President, Rawell Pelayo. The FFB release states that Pelayo tendered his resignation to the General Secretary on Saturday May 8th. As assured by the President Ruperto Vicente, Pelayo handed the letter on his own time and on his own free-will. The release ends stating that the Federation will continue to carry its mandate to the development of football in Belize and Pelayo will be replaced by a member of the football family. For context, the senior (FFB) executive, who in June of last year pleaded guilty to conspiring to contravene US narcotics laws, was given the opportunity to resign, rather than to be booted from his post. He was no longer able to maintain his post since the guidelines of the federation state that any executive criminally charged locally or internationally cannot serve on the board of the Football Federation of Belize.

BMHS Prepares For Sagicor Regional Competition
Bishop Martin High School students continue to outshine students across the country and even regionally in the Sagicor Visionaries Challenge. The school has once again won the national competition and is slated to represent the country in the international competition that will take place in Florida USA later this year. Their new project is titled Chaya, Mayan Power for Modern Times and it is already a winner. The regional competition is slated to take place in a few weeks from now and while the team has their eyes on the big prize, they also want to rake in another award under the same competition. Science Teacher Wilson Mendoza and the team members were at the Central Park this morning to gather the necessary support to win this prize. Wilson Mendoza – Science Teacher “Were soliciting votes from the Belizean public to support the project because now it is no longer about Bishop Martin High School is about Belize because we are representing Belize now for the regionals now and this competition will close on Sunday and so what we are doing right now is that we are asking people soliciting and to show their support and come and vote, if you don’t have a computer at home, if you don’t know the process the students are here to show the audience how to vote, we have people now voting and now what we have to do is very simple, go to the Sagicor Visionary Challenge.com People’s choice award, once you click that on the internet it take you directly to the page and then you click on the Belizeans flag and press vote and you have already voted but you can vote more than one time as well.”

Ombudsman Discusses Increase In Police Brutality Cases
Today Belize’s Ombudsman Lionel Arzu was in Orange Walk Town and we took the opportunity to speak with him on the responsibilities of his office and a few of the more important and outstanding statistics of the 2014 report from his office. That report was presented in the House of Representatives in March by the Prime Minister. Today the Ombudsman said, and it may not strike many as a surprise, that most of the complaints his office received in 2014 was against the police department. There were 220 registered complaints of which 116 were against the police, far more than the 99 individual cases filed against the police in 2013. “Our Statistics shows us that from the previous year there were 211 complaints total, out of those 211, 99 were against the police department, this year is a total of 220 and out of that 116 is against the police, what is important to note here is that the complaints that the police receives, that we don’t receive, what we have that is against the police we forward it to the police because they need to be aware for them to investigate so, there might be some issues with their stats and our stats bust that doesn’t mean what they present is wrong but is what we have, they have theirs and we have ours.”

Two Teenagers Arraigned For Robbery At Ludas Fast Food
Yesterday we told you about the broad daylight armed robbery at Luda’s Fast Food at the corner of Guadalupe Street and the Belize Corozal Road in Orange Walk Town. When we left you, two persons were in custody and today both teens from Orange Walk Town were arraigned in court. Nineteen year old Christian Sutherland and 18 year old Gustavo Hernandez were jointly charged for the offence of robbery. As we reported yesterday, 41 year old Chinese businesswoman Ling Yu Huang reported to police that sometime around 2:45p.m while at her business place attending to a customer, two male persons with their faces covered and wearing camouflage hats entered the establishment and robbed them at gunpoint.

LOVE TV

New Police Station for Croooked Tree
A two hundred thousand dollar police station was officially inaugurated today in the Village of Crooked Tree Village. The station had been completed since 2013 and had been in use since then but Area Representative Edmund Castro and Minister of National Security, John Saldivar, say that due to unforeseen difficulties they were unable to inaugurate ...

PUP Ivan Ramos step down
Last week via a press conference held by the People’s United Party, there were talks about changes coming about within the organization reportedly geared at strengthening the blue and white camp … and following in accordance with that announcement, change has come for the Dangriga constituency as elected official, Ivan Ramos is stepping aside to ...

Minister John Saldivar spoke on crime
Yesterday, Leader of the Opposition, Francis Fonseca, spoke about the crime situation in Belize stating that the Ministry of National Security and the Belize Police Department need to do more in order to combat crime. Today, at the inauguration of the Crooked Tree Police Station, Minister John Saldivar spoke on the topic of crime. At ...

Mark King on Chetumal Street
Yesterday we aired the complaints of the Chetumal Street Squatters who were panicking because they were once again being threatened with eviction. But according to the squatters, what boiled their blood was that their Area representative, Mark King, was not answering their calls or text in order for them to inquire about information that they ...

PlusTV

Squatters beg not to be removed from Lake I
For several weeks now a group of residents in the west Lake Independence division, in the vicinity of the Chetumal Street/Lake Independence Boulevard project, has been in battle with private landowners who claim title to tracts of property in the area...

Belize’s reef health moves from “poor” to “fair”
Every two years, regional scientists release a “report card” reviewing the health of the Mesoamerican Barrier Reef System which covers the Yucatan Peninsula of Mexico, extending down all Belize’s coast to Guatemala and Honduras...

Political parties: Endorsements vs conventions
The People’s United Party has been making a lot of changes recently to their ranks, the last of which was the endorsement of Major Lloyd Jones as the Standard Bearer for Belize Rural North. Just as with the UDP, there have been more endorsements within the PUP of late., without party conventions...

Millions in grants to disabled persons
On Friday March 7th , 2014, the Government presented the Estimates of Revenue and expenditure for the fiscal year 2014 2015. It is a 475 page legal size document, detailing the amounts spent and amounts projected to be spent from 2012/2013 to 2015/2016...

Santander working with Labour department
Santander, a Guatemalan owned sugarcane company, boasts that it employs an estimated 600 Belizeans, making up 80% of its work force...

Third World youth camp seeks assistance
Former semi-professional footballer Deon Flowers has been the mastermind of the Third World Youth Program based in Lake Independence for the past 16 years. But for much of that time, according to him, it has been a struggle obtaining financial assistance to keep the program going...

Belize Sagicore Champions Needs Your Help
The biennial Sagicore Visionaries Challenge kicked off in Belize on December 3rd 2014, where High schools from all across the country competed for the National Sagicore title...

Flying bullets injure two men and graze a woman
Two men were shot and a woman grazed by bullets in Belize City yesterday. 32-year-old Mykelt Tony Anthony of Belize City was shot to the back and right leg and 30-year-old Morrison Cardinal Felix of Belize City was shot to the left foot while Rhonda Burgess was grazed y one of the flying bullets. ...

Men charged for Ladvville assault and attempted robbery
Two men from the Ladyville area appeared before Chief Magistrate Ann-Marie Smith on charges of attempted robbery.  28 year old Roger Hilton is accused of wounding and assault while 32 year old Steve Arnold was charged with common assault. Ian Holland reported to police that on May 10 around 7:15 p...

British Soldier with Belizean heritage charged for rape
A British soldier with Belizean heritage has been accused of raping two women and sexually assaulting another.  28 year old Lance Corporal Lee Busano, is based at Weeton Army Barracks in Lancashire , England and is a physical training inspector ...

Political wrangling; Belize Rural North
Retired Mager Lloyd Jones  was introduced last week as PUP’s standard bearer for the Belize Rural North Constituency. Well on Friday last week we received an email from an anonymous email address, claiming to be speaking on behalf of the PUP supporters of Belize Rural North...

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Belmopan Red Taigaz hosted celebrity basketball game frundraiser
On Saturday, May 9, 2015 the Belmopan Red Taigaz Elite Basketball Team hosted a Celebrity Basketball Match at the UB Gymnasium in Belmopan. The event was held in an effort to raise funds to support the team and assist with expenses for the upcoming playoffs, which are scheduled […]

El Nino is back and is Belize in danger?
El Nino is part of a climate cycle in the tropical Pacific known as the El Niño Southern Oscillation; it flips back and forth every few years between the cool, La Niña and the warm El Niño phases. In the El Niño phase, ocean surface temperatures rise with easterly trade […]

Upset Toledo bus owners participate in consultation
More than 30 Mayan bus drivers from rural Toledo gathered at the Punta Gorda Town Council Conference room this morning for a consultation with Mayor Fern Guttierez and her team of transport and police officers. This meeting was a result of ongoing tension between the two parties after […]

Belize and Guatemala to proceed with referendum to the ICJ
Foreign Affairs Minister Wilfred Elrington has confirmed that he will be travelling to Guatemala later this month to sign an amendment known in French as the ‘Compromis’ This is a special agreement that was signed by Belize and Guatemala in 2008 in reference to the territorial dispute and whether it […]

Using Endorsement instead of Conventions in Belize is becoming a common practice for some political party leaders
By: Wellington C. Ramos. In Belize and most democratic countries in the world, political parties have a constitution to regulate the way they do business. One of the provisions in this constitution deal with how their candidates are selected to represent the party in elections. In most party constitutions the methods […]

Crime Scene Technicians Graduate from one year course
Approximately 27 Scenes of Crime technicians attached to the Police Department and National Forensic Science Service today graduated from a one-year training course offered by facilitators sponsored by the U.S. Embassy in Belize beginning last June. The level of training offered upgrades members of the Scenes of Crime […]

Caribbean Development Bank grants Development Finance Corporation 21 Million dollar loan
The Caribbean Development Bank has granted a loan to the Development Finance Corporation in a sum of $21 million Belize dollars for education and private sector loans. The announcement and launching of this initiative was made known yesterday at the Radisson during the 7th consolidated line of credit event. Students […]

Guatemalan Security Forces Raid House of Belizean Ambassador Alexis Rosado
The news spread like wild fire when the resignation of the Vice President of Guatemala Roxana Baldetti was announced on Friday. The move comes after weeks of pressure from Guatemalans demanding her to step down from her post. Baldetti was reportedly exposed to numerous corruptions such as a massive Custom […]

Fair and Warm Weather to Continue
Today’s outlook is for mostly fresh easterly airflow that maintain a mainly fair and warm conditions. Tonight it is expected to be cloudy with isolated showers. Winds will blow to the East at 10 to 20 knots with occasional higher gusts and the sea state will be rough with a small […]

Wellington C. Ramos writes about the stepping down of Hon. Ivan Ramos of Dangriga
For the Leader of the PUP opposition Francis Fonseca to tell my relative Ivan “Maca” Ramos that he needs to step down to be replaced by Anthony Sabal, that action is in violation of the Peoples United Party Constitution. Not only is this in violation of the […]

International Sourcesizz

Belizean book launched in Taiwan to promote cultural exchanges
The Chinese-language edition of a book written by the governor-general of Belize was launched in Taiwan Thursday to help Taiwanese people learn more about the Central American country, one of Taiwan's diplomatic allies. The launch of the book, titled "Pataki Full: Seven Belizean Short Stories," represents a historic moment, in that it is a book by a Central American writer published in Mandarin Chinese, said Governor-General Sir Colville Young at the book launch in Taipei, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. "It's about the culture of Belize," he said. The idea of a Chinese edition of the book was brought up last December. When he visited Belize last December, Foreign Minister David Lin said, he received the English version of the book as a gift from Young. At that time, Young also expressed his wish to share the book with the people of Taiwan and "suggested that it be translated into Chinese and published in Taiwan," Lin said.

76-year-old B&B owner cuts risk of New World Oil takeover
A 76-year-old bed and breakfast owner from Malvern has reduced the risk of having to mount a takeover bid for an Aim-listed oil explorer in which her son unwittingly bought a 49 per cent stake, after more unsettled trades were reported to the London Stock Exchange on Thursday. Judith Williams, whose 38-year-old private investor son Chris Williams has a penchant for small oil stocks, found herself at the centre of a media storm after he bought what he thought was a 10 per cent stake in the Belize oil minnow New World Oil and Gas in her name. The Takeover Panel ruled this week that if Mrs Williams “receives delivery” of the shares purchased into the Crest settlement account of her broker — which carry 30 per cent or more of the voting rights — she would have a duty to make an offer for the whole company. However, the Panel also noted that a “substantial proportion” of the shares sold had not been settled. The LSE has reported settlement delays after trading volumes equivalent to several times the number of shares in issue occurred in the days following the April 29 announcement of the fundraising.

Ex-Serviceman Spent Years Defending 'Defamed' Black Unit
Amos Ford was part of a unique taskforce of forestry workers recruited by the British Government from Belize, based in Scotland during the war. AMOS FORD, who died at the grand age of 98, was a member of a group of Central American forestry workers that braved - and survived - Nazi torpedo attacks to travel to support King and Empire from a base in the Highlands of Scotland during the Second World War. As a member of The British Honduran Forestry Unit, Amos was part of a group of one thousand volunteers who responded to an appeal for workers to help maintain the supply of timber to British industry as the war intensified. The Ministry of Supply launched its appeal in 1941 to the former colony British Honduras (now Belize), and the men who worked in the country’s immense and reputable mahogany plantations responded with alacrity and patriotism. Amos, then a former mahogany cutter, was quick to apply for the chance to, not only defend the so-called “Motherland”, but also to earn some money for his family.

The Garifuna Way of Life Is Under Threat!
Garifuna is the mix of Arawaks, Caribs and African slaves in the British Caribbean colonies deported from St. Vincent Island in 1797, who then they spread along the Atlantic coast of Honduras , Belize, Guatemala and Nicaragua. The Garifuna people have been forced out of their homeland. And, they want justice! They are descendants of West African, Central African, Island Carib, and Arawak people, and they live primarily along Latin American coasts. According to Garifuna spokesperson, Carla Garcia, the tourism industry of Central America’s coastal regions started picking up 20 years ago. This led to increased investor interest, but a loss in the sovereignty of the Garifuna over their land. To attract and sustain this growing tourism product, the Garifuna people were forced to migrate, giving way to international investors. But today, the Garifuna want their sovereignty back. In this week’s episode of teleSUR’s Ñ Don't Stop, producers Rebel Diaz, Sense Hernandez and Claudia De La Cruz feature the lives of a special people, who are resilient and proud of their identity. And who just want their home back. See the full episode below.

With seasons winding down, Jon Arnold looks at how the 2015-16 CONCACAF Champions League might shape up.
The 2014-15 CONCACAF Champions League was another step in the right direction for the competition. Here I could write something like, 'It's never too early to start thinking about the next tournament!' But really that's not the case. It's a busy time in the region with teams fighting for playoff positioning and championships, more immediate and pressing goals they're far more focused on. What the 2015-16 CCL can provide us right now is a guide for looking through the region and seeing who is in the hunt for a spot in the tournament. The draw reportedly will take place June 1. Let's take a look at who will be there:

High-level meeting of Caribbean Fisheries Ministers to be held in Grenada
St. George’s, Grenada - Fisheries Ministers from Member States of the Caribbean Regional Fisheries Mechanism (CRFM) are expected to sign off on the Declaration on Spiny Lobster by way of a resolution, when they convene the 9th Meeting of the Ministerial Council of the CRFM on Friday, 15 May 2015 at Flamboyant Hotel in St. George's, Grenada. The non-binding declaration establishes a roadmap for closer cooperation among the 17 CARICOM/CRFM States to ensure long-term conservation and sustainable use of the lobster resources. The Ministerial Council meeting is scheduled to open at 9:00 a.m. The feature address will be delivered by Honourable Roland Bhola, Ministry of Agriculture, Lands, Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment, Grenada, who will assume the chairmanship of the Council on the occasion of the meeting from Honourable Johnson Drigo, Minister of Agriculture and Fisheries, Dominica.

Southwest Airlines Tickets to Belize
Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly announcing that tickets for their Belize flights go on sale at 3am tomorrow, Thursday (May 14)

Videos

• Transforming Belize Through Investment, 4min. BelizeINVEST BELTRAIDE

• Sailing and Snorkeling in Ambergris Caye, Belize with Reset Retreat, 3min. Snorkeling with nurse sharks, rays, and some of the best women ever during Reset Retreat in Belize! We went out on the massive and absolutely decked out Infinity catamaran with Ecologic Divers based out of San Pedro, Ambergris Caye, Belize and had a beautiful day sailing to and snorkeling at Hol Chan Marine Reserve, Shark Ray Alley, and Caye Caulker.

• Optimist Sailing Lessons - Optimist Upwind Skills, 2min. Belize Sailing Center training the Belize Optimist Team in preparation for Optinam.

• Diving in Belize - April 2015, 3.5min. Great Blue Hole, Half Moon Caye, Caye Caulker.

• Spotted Eagle Rays in Belize, 40sec. A group of four Spotted Eagle Rays seen while scuba diving near Turneffe Atoll in Belize.

• San Pablo Village, Belize ITE 2015, 9min.

• Project Serve Belize 2015, 21min. To Love is to Serve.

• Spring break service-learning trip - Corozal, Belize, 4min. I made this video for a Boise State Honors College scholarship competition. It is about one of the most impacting experiences of my life.

• Belize Scuba Diving, 3.5min. Diving in Belize.

• BSI WEEKLY CROP REVIEW, WEEK 15, 3min.

• Surviving The Jungle: Exercise Mayan Warrior, 23min. The British Army Training Support Unit Belize (BATSUB) has been a hub for jungle warfare training for decades, but in 2011 it was scaled right down. Just six personnel are based in the country now, but demand for training has recently started to increase, with members of 2nd Battalion, the Princess of Wales's Royal Regiment one of the most recent units to go there on exercise. It's seen as one of the toughest places in which to train, and soldiers from the regiment have been spending a month living under the canopy adapting their tactics, live firing and learning survival skills. Forces TV's Carla Prater followed the battalion on exercise to see the training opportunities on offer.

• About BTEC BELTRAIDE Belize, 4min.

• Belize Man Trip 2014 - Hol Chan Marine Reserve & Mexico Rocks, 8min. Both tours done with Belize Pro Dive Center, they're the best! It was my first time filming with a Go Pro so not a lot of shots came out how I was hoping. Still a few good ones in there :)

• 32lb KingFish caught in Belize, 6min. A 32lb KingFish caught aboard Brianne C just north off Caye Chapel.

• Belize Underwater, 4min. Enjoy the Clear Warm Waters of Belize

• Belize, 3.5min. On the river.

Links
    Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
    Daily News
    Daily Weather

Classified Ads
    BelizeNews.com
    San Pedro Sun
    Ambergris Today
    SP Town Council
    Channel 7
    Channel 5
    Amandala
    Love FM
    The Reporter
    Caye Caulker
    Chronicles

PLUS TV
    TV Newscasts
    Radio Stations

Click for our
    Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
    Event Calendar
    Specials & Events
    Things to Do
    SanPedroScoop
    iTravel Belize
    Paradise Theater

Blogs
    San Pedro Scoop!
    Tia Chocolate
    Tacogirl
    My Beautiful Belize
    I-Travel Belize
    Belize Adventure
    Belize Hub
    Romantic Travel
    Bound for Belize
    Conch Creative
    As The Coconuts Drop
    More Blogs...
    Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
    Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
    White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
    Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
    We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
    Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
    Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
    Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
    Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
    Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
    More Links
    Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
    December
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3
    4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    11 12 13 14 15 16 17
    18 19 20 21 22 23 24
    25 26 27 28 29 30 31
    Who's Online
    0 registered (), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Stats
    18,670 Registered Members
    44 Forums
    64,015 Topics
    462,195 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
    BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
    BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
    BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
    and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.