Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#504522 05/24/15 10:32 AM
BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
There is an article in the BMG on "Chief Executive Officer in the Ministry of Immigration Placed on Administrative Leave"

I'd love to have posted it too, but, I'm not that computer smart. Could someone post it for me, thanks.

I went to Belmopan in January, with my kitty litter bucket, to find out why after we had gone through all their hoops, for over 2 years, we still don't have our residency. One lie after another. Call after call. Told there are "NO Expediters" in Belize by immigration, which is an out right LIE! NOW THIS!!!! I've met Mr. Zungia. My faith in Belize Immigration is, at best, like stepping out on thin ice that you can see the water moving AND it's cracked. There are too many files from floor to ceiling and the employees are far too afraid of Ms. Marin and Mr. Wade, which I for one, completely understand their feelings. To NOW put Mr. Zungia over the Immigration department is like putting Mother Teresa into the middle of the Ebola outbreak and telling her "here you clean up this mess." I wish you all the luck Mr. Zungia. You're going to need it.......

S
S
My wife completed everything in Nov 2014. Nothing yet!
Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many people have completed every detailed step that the Immigration Dept has required only to be placed in an interminable waiting pattern with absolutely no communication.
Remember...these are people who have made a commitment to make Belize their home, and are treated with indifference and/or ignored by our Vaunted Immegration Department.
I would also welcome the opportunity of hearing any of success stories that have occurred within the last year.

S
S
So that's 6 months and you're ranting? Pleasantries and communication are up to you not the government. The more pleasant and patient you are then the faster things will go.

If you expect immediate gratification you'll wait forever.

I'm not saying this is your situation but I'm stunned by the number of people that scream about how long it takes to get legal here but if a Belizean was trying to get legal in their country they would be voting for the nearest anti-immigration politician. Do you have any idea how hard it is for a Belizean to get a work visa or residency in the US or Canada? It's nothing compared to a foreigner coming to Belize.

Well said SimonB.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
S
S
I appreciate your opinion, but after fulfillng the time requirement, obtaining the appropriate documentation, enduring the immigration and police interview.....the only step left is a signature by the authorized individual, why does it take months/years afterward to secure the approval?

While I am empathetic to the challenges of emigrating to ANY country, it seems to me that when the requirements (delineated by that country) have been met, the process should be seamless. If there is an annual quota for Belize residency, then illuminate it and provide the applicants with an estimate of when their application will be approved.

Not difficult.

Keep us posted on how that's working for you. ...

Some lessons are harder when met with much resistance.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
Attitude makes a big difference!
That is my observation.

Live and let live
S
S
Well, we've lived here long enough and were raised to be courteous and polite to everyone....including public employees. It's only after reading the first post of this thread that raised the question of timing.

It appears though that there are only a couple of us playing the waiting game....and as you know, this island is a marvelous place to do just that.

No rush. No worries.

S
S
I may have been a little harsh on the rant side. I spent the last week with an American that wanted everything done right this minute and went into temper tantrums up to and including throwing things when she couldn't get what she wanted. I had to apologize for her disgusting behaviour in the customs department on her behalf as I didn't want them to assume we were in any way associated with her other than doing some labour.

I do feel that everything else I said is quite valid these days.

BZ4me Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Still a Bronco fan
My wife completed everything in Nov 2014. Nothing yet!
Wouldn't it be interesting to find out how many people have completed every detailed step that the Immigration Dept has required only to be placed in an interminable waiting pattern with absolutely no communication.
Remember...these are people who have made a commitment to make Belize their home, and are treated with indifference and/or ignored by our Vaunted Immegration Department.
I would also welcome the opportunity of hearing any of success stories that have occurred within the last year.

We finished our paperwork in December 2013. When I was in Mr. Wades office in January, 2015 he told me residency files that were submitted in 2012 were being handle today (1/13/15.) He told me that 2013 wasn't going to be handled until 2016 if he had his way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.