Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#50496 - 06/16/02 04:05 PM AC in July?
Brian63 Offline
I found some decent airfare to Belize for mid-July, but can't decide if I should go or not. Since I want to do alot of snorkeling and perhaps some mainland trips I'm concerned about the weather at this time of year. I'd hate to go and be stuck inside all week because of the rain. Can anyone put my fears to rest?

#50497 - 06/16/02 04:31 PM Re: AC in July?
silly Offline
We were their last July and we will be going again this July. It is hot.It didn't rain everyday but when it did, the storms were quick, moving right across the island.They didn't keep us from doing anything we had planned. Now that was our experience last summer.I am sure there are times when it does rain all day for several days. It shouldn't keep you from planning the trip.

#50498 - 06/16/02 05:51 PM Re: AC in July?
d-jon Offline
Brian63 I do agree the weather in July is very nice it may rain for about 5 mins and then clears up again like nothing happened.

Where on the mainland do you plan to visit? You might want to consider then Cayo area for a couple of days for some good tours.

I can always point you in the right direction.

djones@btl.net
Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at djones@btl.net

#50499 - 06/16/02 06:47 PM Re: AC in July?
midwest traveler Offline
For advice regarding the Cayo...and I have been reading a lot of what everyone has written...we are thinking of having about 3 days in the jungle...thinking of staying at crystal paradise, but were also told it is worth paying more to stay at the cave branch and do the cave tubing...recommendations???

#50500 - 06/17/02 12:35 AM Re: AC in July?
Brian63 Offline
Thanks everyone for the information and advice! I found similar views while searching back through the forums. So, I guess I shouldn't let the weather affect my decision.

d-jon: Since this will be my first trip (solo) to Belize, I was planning on staying on AC and making at least one trip to the mainland, either for hiking or tubing. Any recommendations there?

#50501 - 06/17/02 01:23 AM Re: AC in July?
d-jon Offline
Brian63, you might want to consider one of the day trip from AC to Altun Ha.
Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at djones@btl.net

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,230 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.