Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Tangles Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Is anyone else having this issue or does anyone know what can be done? I have been sending parcels down to Belize/Caye Caulker for years now without a problem. All have arrived within the delivery time as promised. I have sent a few packages down this past month, all of which were guaranteed delivery within a certain time. This time, every single parcel has been sitting in Belize on hold, some for as long as ten days. These are time-sensitive items, all household goods to replace items that were stolen from our home due to a break-in. Can anyone tell me why all of a sudden packages are being held indefinitely in Belize and not being delivered? One package cost me $400+ to send down, I could have sent it cheaper by boat. I now have five packages on hold since last month, and no one from Belize is communicating with the various delivery companies I have used to inform us when these packages will be removed from their 'hold' status.

What do the guys at the San Pedro Post Office tell you?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
T
Tangles Offline OP
OP Offline
T
All the packages are being held in 'Belize City' and we need them delivered to Caye Caulker. Is there a post office in Belize we can contact? Would our Caye Caulker post office be able to contact whoever is holding these items in Belize do you think? We are out of the country and extremely frustrated that the check point (customs?) in Belize City is not shipping our belongings along to the final destination. When we trace the packages it only says "Item arrived at postal facility. Item on hold."

Three packages were sent from a U.S. company (sheets, bedding, etc.) using DHL so I have two parties between me and wherever the packages are being held in Belize. Because DHL can't give us an answer, the company we ordered from are now re-sending the same contents down 'express' via UPS hoping we will have better luck. The fourth package was sent by me directly, from my local mail carrier system (with four day delivery guarantee), and all they can do is put in a tracking request which doesn't mean a lot, since we know where it is pretty much. We just don't know why it is now sitting in Belize now like the other parcels have been. We are not in the country so we don't know who to call. Should we be asking our local post office on Caye Caulker? Four parcels are now being held, sent from two different mail services/countries.

sounds like there is duty due and they are being held until payment.

Reality..What a concept!
T
Tangles Offline OP
OP Offline
T
That would be good to know but our property manager has not been notified and that is who we sent the packages to as per usual. And don't the duties get paid at the Caye Caulker (local) post office which is the destination address on the packages? I'm never there when we ship down, it has never been a problem before when duties had to be paid. And why not tell DHL or my shipping company? They have been trying for a week to find out what is missing so the packages can be released�.

Call your local postmaster and he can find out for you. Also tax and duty is paid at local PO not Belize Cith

T
Tangles Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thank you, we will try that. I do wonder if anyone else is having these issues. It can't be that only mine, sent by different delivery services on different dates are the only ones being held indefinitely and prevented from reaching their final destination.

We always found it better and cheaper in the long run to use the USPS for shipping to Belize if the packages were small Dhl and Ups charge to do the import paperwork for you where USPS does not for faster shipments we use EMS through the USPS

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.