Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I know this has been asked before, but I was hoping that there might be some new or cheaper services added recently. I have property 6 miles north of town. We are using satellite for internet but I would like to change over to landline service. I will need it to be connected to a wifi router for use by rental guest. I don't need streaming speed but basic email and surfing. What are you guys using and what are you paying and how reliable is it. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to reply here.

S
S
X'Tan Ha has Internet (good enough to stream Netflix) and Cable TV so I'm assuming they have Internet through Coral Cable or BTL.

Ask BTL. If they can't give you a landline up there you should be eligible for their "rural satellite" service, which is cheap and fast (but ONLY available in spots where they can't run a line to you.)

Joanna
S
S
If you're not worried about NetFlix, just get a MiFi device from Smart and then load it up w/ credit. Easiest, cheapest. We have both BTL DSL and Smart here (5 miles north.) When BTL is down, I'm sure glad I have the little Smart device.

W
WWIII Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Thanks for all of the advice. I will have to steer away for the MiFi for now as I fear that one of the guest might 'walk off' with one of the jacks. I need a dedicated wifi router. I guess either Coral cable or BTL. I do have digital cable at the house at this time. I assume that getting the cable modem would be the easier solution. Any thought, and is anyone up north using Coral cable for internet?

Do not use Coral Cable for internet unless it your only option. Go directly to BTL.
CC simply buys from BTL and resells a very diluted service.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.