Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#50589 03/16/02 10:56 AM
S
OP Offline
S
any of you have a run in with an old man who used to be the mayor of SP called pisano? we saw him several times in one night once he actually spit on a young local girl...another time he started shoving a fellow on a bicycle and another time was throwing a big old stick at one of the street vendors...the locals told us the police won't do anything about him because he used to be one of the richest men on the island....it's very disturbing for tourists to witness and i would think they do something about it

#50590 03/16/02 11:07 AM
LOL! yeah, any of you ever heard of him?! i am surprised to hear of this. he is a regular character there. but i do not remember anyone ever saying he was violent in any way. just, well, creative.

do a search on him and read other's accounts. they see him very differently...

#50591 03/16/02 11:13 AM
We talk with Paisano every time we're there!! I, too, am surprised that he was acting violent in anyway??? Maybe he was having an exceptionally bad day??? Just take his stick away from him and tell him to behave...it usually works...he is quiet harmless.....the girl he spit on, should have just spit back!!!! C Ya gotta learn how to handle him!!!

#50592 03/16/02 11:21 AM
He is very entertaining, we invited him to eat dinner with us at Fido's and he did, great fun, he had us laughing, the other tourist looked at us like we were crazy. He then went on stage and played us a tune on his air guitar, to repay us. He is a one man show. Sorry to hear he was acting out. He asked me for BZ$10. so he could get his injection for pain. Gave it to him, so he would not ask me again during my stay.

Dare To Deviate
#50593 03/16/02 01:23 PM
L
L
I was aware of Paisano before my arrival. On the first night of my vacation last May, we run into him at Fido's. He is quite amusing, to say the least. I gave him 5 bucks and told him to please get something to eat with it. He came back later in the evening and showed me that he bought some chicken and coca cola. Thought that was kinda cool! Also saw him do the air guitar thing. Too funny.

#50594 03/16/02 01:43 PM
R
R
I am suprised to hear that as well! We talked to him a few weeks ago. He gave my six year old a big smooch on his forehead. Lol..the poor child still hasn't recovered.
While on the subject though....there was another guy walking along the beach and selling wood carvings that was quite obnoxiousand a little scary. He apparently wasn't selling much so he was saying..um..not very flattering things about American's as he walked along. I saw him do this a number of times and one night as he walked by the Mayan Princess he shouted up to anyone in general..A..H****!! Did anyone else see him? I would say he will be a problem. Other than that though everyone is extremely nice there I found.

[This message has been edited by Rhon (edited 03-16-2002).]

#50595 03/17/02 12:23 AM
I've seen Paisano get angry, but rightly so, as he was treated badly. I didn't blame him. Someone MUST have rubbed him the wrong way. I've never seen him violent either. He's funny, entertaining, endearing, and fascinating if you can get him to talk. He's Lebanese I believe.... something like that. My husband made the big mistake of greeting him in arabic. (It was the only phrase he knew. Learned it from a foreign graduate student) Paisano was overjoyed. Since hubby has a black beard, he was convinced Hubby was an arab and chattered away in arabic. He rushed up to greet him every time he saw him. Even cleaned a conch shell and offered it as a gift. We fed him a couple times. He's harmless, and very interesting. Someone must have hurt him in some way for him to act like that. He's mischievious, but not mean.
Debbie

#50596 03/17/02 01:20 AM
R
R
Debbie...you are probably right. My husband reminded me that on our previous trip there was an incident where some local kids were teasing him and he was
rightfully pi***d.

#50597 03/17/02 09:31 PM
Paisano has his good days and his bad days. The authorities would probably do something with him, but the jails in the mainland won't take him anymore. They will just send him back to San Pedro. I understand that he REALLY disturbs the peace and tranquility at the Hadieville jail.

Gone fishing!!
#50598 03/18/02 10:02 AM
C
cjd Offline
C
I first experienced Paisano last year when I was walking by the soccer field (near the Catholic school) and I stopped to watch a bunch of kids playing a game. Paisano walked right across the center line of the field and all the kids just played around him like he wasn't even there. It didn't phase anybody. I guess he's quite a fixture in San Pedro.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 297 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.