Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Flavors of Belize Cooking Show: BLOOPERS

For those of you that think cooking shows are boring... Here's proof of how much fun we have during filming.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Christmas Turkey - Cooking with Flavors of Belize & Chef Sean Kuylen

Just in time for the Christmas season this year, Chef Sean gives us the run down on preparing the perfect turkey for your Christmas spread. He also introduces a fresh face to the Flavors of Belize team - Carolee Chanona, who is no stranger to Belizean cuisine.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rum Popo

Sean Kuylen & Carolee Chanona take on a classic Belize Christmas-time recipe : Rum Popo.

A Belizean version to eggnog, Rum Popo is popular not only at Christmas parties but also as a gift between friends and families during the holidays.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Coconut Curry Shrimp

Flavors of Belize has a new video out, and this time Chef Sean is joined by Chef Jennie Staines from San Pedro. They make some good looking shrimp curry, and have fun doing it. Flavors of Belize has a new, good looking website out at flavorsofbelize.com.

"Our Chef Sean Kuylen is joined by the incomparably talented Chef Jennie Staines of Elvi's Kitchen in San Pedro Town. Join in as they prepare one of her most famous dishes together - Coconut Curried Shrimp. There's as much laughter as there was flavor in this episode; follow along & enjoy!"

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

5th Anniversary Edition Flavors of Belize Magazine Launch

Click photos for more pictures!

Flavors of Belize released their 5th edition yesterday, and Leonardo Melendez was on hand to get some stunning pictures of the event. It's online and the section about Cayo starts on page 58. Congratulations, Flavors of Belize!

"McNab Publishing Ltd. launched it's 5th annual edition of the Flavors of Belize magazine - a complete guide to Belize's finest dining experiences, diverse cultures, and local cuisine. Sincerest thank you's to everyone who has supported this project or been a part of the magazine and to those who were in attendance yesterday on a day that was so very special to us."

G
G
Love recipes? I love very much. Therefore, I will advise your favorite recipe.

How To Make A Galaxy Cake
Try it.

Steps
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a baking pan with foil, and oil it.

Step 2
Combine the butter and chopped semi-sweet chocolate. Melt them together in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds to prevent overheating. Once melted and smooth, let it cool to room temperature.

S
S
If you want to surprise and please your family with something, then you definitely need to make a cake according to this recipe.
kit kat cake

Everyone will be crazy about him.

Steps
Step 1
Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare two round cake pans and a cupcake pan with 6 liners.

Step 2
Mix together the cake mix, flour, sugar and salt. Add the remaining ingredients and mix for 2 minutes.

K
K
I want to advise you on a wonderful cake recipe. This is a very easy to prepare dish.

vanilla cake in a mug
I advise you to try.

Steps
Step 1
Put butter in a bowl and microwave 30 to 40 seconds until melted. Let it cool 3 minutes.

Step 2

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Cohune Cabbage & Chocolate of Belize
Chef Sean Kuylen travels to Southern Belize to learn the art of making Chocolate using traditional Mayan technique plus Belize East Indian Cohune Cabbage (heart of palm) and turmeric tacari

Belize City BBQ, Charcoal Making, Mango & Guava Jelly
Chef Sean Kuylen Explores the Belize District making charcoal, fruit jams and jellies, and the iconic Belizean BBQ

Cassava Bread, Garifuna Cuisine
Chef Sean Kuylen goes to Dangriga Town, Belize to learn the art of making cassava bread, farina, darara, ereba plus fishing for ratty crab

Chef Sean Kuylen Black Recado & Murcia, Corozal, Belize
Maya/Mestizo black recado of burnt peppers & corn tortilla in Xaibe Village, Corozal District, Belize and pig blood Murcia in Santa Clara Village, Corozal, Belize

No Bar Code, Belize Cuisine. Chef Sean Kuylen
A culinary journey through stories & pictures in Belize Cuisine through the eyes of Chef Sean Kuylen as he explores the Authentic Creole, Mestizo, Garifuna, Maya Ketchi, Yucatec & Mopan Cultures. It's much more than rice and beans!

Great Belize Cooking Cayo Bollos,Tamales & Maja Blanca
Chef Sean Kuylen finds out the difference between Bollos & Corn Tamales and Maja Blanca, a porridge made of rice

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

One of my favourite podcasters interviewing one of my favourite chefs! A brand new episode of The Natasha Stuart Podcast.

Chef Sean Kuylen took a break from getting Glazed Out going, and was on Natasha Stuart's podcast yesterday. They discuss sustainability, culture, food, and the trip they took down south. Towards the end of the podcast, Sean hits on the fact that most everything we need is easily found here in Belize; no need to head to Chetumal. "What a f@#%ing experience I had" really sums it up, Sean!

"In this episode, I am joined by Chef Sean Kuylen. One of Belize's is top chefs! After interviewing Sean on my Instagram live back in June we became friends. Sean gets to experience rich Belizean culture almost on a day to day basis and I have always wanted to know and experience as much of my beautiful Belize as possible. Sean reached out to me to go on a road trip to Southern Belize, very spontaneously I must add, and I accepted the invite. This episode is about all the fun we had on our weekend adventure!

I can't thank you enough Sean, for this stunning experience."

Presenter Teen Summitt 2022

Here is my story...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.