Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#507074 - 09/01/15 06:17 AM PMís bodyguard suspected of murder
Marty Offline

Police Cpl & PM Wifeís Personal Security Charged For Murder

And there was another murder in Cayo South – but in this one – the man accused is a cop – more importantly, he is the personal security guard of the Prime Minister’s wife Kim Barrow. He is accused of killing Nicaraguan Eduardo Manuel Perez Sanchez. Perez Sanchez was found early on Saturday morning on the Young Gial Road in Teakettle; he had been shot twice to the head and dumped on the road. I spoke with the family who made the discovery:…

Hubert Usher - Found the Body

"I was heading by my work Saturday morning about 5:40. And when I haul that curve, I see a guy laying on the road, so I drive the truck little closer and I stop and I watched him, see if he is blowing. When I notice that he no the breath; so I open the truck, come outside and when I peep, I see they got his face tied with a black cloth. I called my boss and I tell him boss, I see a dead body on the road side. He told me to call the police. Well I don't know the police number to call, so he gives me it. He tell me the police number is 911 and I call the police and I told them I see a dead body on the road side; and they told me okay, don't move. Just hold on right there until they get here. And I wait until they got here and I showed them. I watch and everything then I took off and went to my work."

After going completely mum today – this evening police sent a press release announcing that Kim Barrow’s personal security Guard Police Corporal Ryon Wagner had been charged for murder. A police release says that a criminal and internal investigation has been launched. Reliable reports tell us that Wagner and another police officer went to the police station on Friday and told officers they had killed a man – the proceeded to argue about which one of them actually killed him. They appeared to have been drinking. No arrest or detention was made, and we are told Wagner’s gun was not confiscated. The body was found the following day.

Channel 7

#507150 - 09/04/15 06:14 AM Re: PMís bodyguard suspected of murder [Re: Marty]
Marty Offline

PM Was Shocked To Find Out About Cpl Wagner

WE also asked the Prime Minister about Police Corporal Ryon Wagner who ahs been charged for murder. The Corporal had been the personal driver and security guard for the Prime Minister's wife going back for at least four years - so he was an intimate of the Barrow household. But tonight, Wagner is in jail, on remand for the murder of Nicaraguan Eduardo Manuel Perez Sanchez. Perez Sanchez was found last weekend - hos body thrown on the Young Gial Road. Reports say Wagner told other cops he shot a man - and appeared to have been drinking. Today the Prime Minister told us he was shocked to hear the accusation:..

Jules Vasquez
"Were you shocked at the allegation against Cpl. Ryan Wagner, an intimate of your household now on remand at Hattieville Prison for murder?"

Hon. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister
"Of course I was. I still can't quite understand what happened. During the time he was with my family he was extremely professional. He was a highly trained individual, a member of BSAG at one point. I thought that he was very disciplined, very level-headed. I didn't know him to be a drinker or a smoker. So what has happened profoundly disturbs me, profoundly baffles me. I of course can't get into the circumstances such as are being described by various people who don't necessarily know what they are talking about."

Wagner next appears in court on November second. He was one of three officers handpicked to secure the Prime Minister's family.

Channel 7

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,637 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,729 Topics
461,287 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.