Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
A voluntary recall on individually-wrapped American cheese slices is presently in effect, following a notice by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The request to return the Kraft Heinz Food Company product is due to the likelihood that a fine ribbon of individual packaging film may be stuck to the slice after the wrapping has been removed. The FDA is concerned that the unresolved strip could potentially cause a choking hazard. The Belize Agricultural Health Authority, BAHA, the Ministry of Health and the Belize Bureau of Standards is advising the public to return products with the manufacturing codes S54 or S55. Consumers are also advised not to purchase items from any retail establishments selling the defective products.

================

The Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA), the Ministry of Health and the Belize Bureau of Standards hereby advises the general public that the Kraft Heinz Foods Company of the United States of America has issued a voluntary recall on select code dates and manufacturing codes of individually-wrapped American Cheese slices due to the possibility that a thin strip of the individual packaging film may remain adhered to the slice after the wrapper has been removed. If the film sticks to the slice and is not removed, it could potentially cause a choking hazard.

As announced today by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the product being affected by the recall are listed below and particular to Manufacturing Code "S54" or "S55".

No other sizes, varieties or code dates are included in this recall, and no products with manufacturing codes other than "S54" and "S55" after the code date are included.

Consumers are advised not to purchase these items from any retail establishment selling the aforementioned recall products. Those that have purchased any of these products should not consume them. Additionally consumers can report any retail establishments that continue to market these products to the general public.

Retail establishments have the obligation to prevent these items from entering the public food chain by removing them from their shelves and to advising any of the below Competent Authorities:

-Belize Agricultural Health Authority (BAHA) - 822-0818 or

822-1378

[Linked Image]

G
G
Or how about grow up and take some responsibility for your own life. Tinned food is also dangerous until you get it out of the can. Maybe the FDA should appoint a designated unwrapper for every house who will ensure the food is correctly unwrapped before consumption. Maybe he can feed you with a nerf fork because eating alone is dangerous.

W
W
Maybe some people are unfortunate and are unable to help themselves.( handicapped, vision impaired or young children)

G
G
Then they shouldn't buy them or handle them. Like guns, knives, motorcycles, etc

Last edited by Golfr; 09/13/15 08:00 PM.
It's amazing to me that I survived 76 years without ANY of these protections. What dangerous decades I lived through. Come to think of it; none of my friends died, choked or were maimed by the "wild West" that we obviously grew up in. It warms the cockles of my heart to know that we are all being protected now.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
Another example of gov. taking away personal responsibility - sue - sue - soooo eeee!

I'm happy to be able to build a house where a child could fall off the stairs if the mother is too ---whatever --- to teach the kid - or the baby could get his fat head between the rails and not know how get it out.

One of the reasons I like living in Belize is personal responsibility.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Originally Posted by ScubaLdy
Another example of gov. taking away personal responsibility - sue - sue - soooo eeee!

I'm happy to be able to build a house where a child could fall off the stairs if the mother is too ---whatever --- to teach the kid - or the baby could get his fat head between the rails and not know how get it out.

One of the reasons I like living in Belize is personal responsibility.

The gov't is not responsible for the "sue sue sooooo eeee" - it's lawyers convincing John Q Public he/she is "entitled"

Won't even go there regarding personal responsibility in my beloved 2nd home.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.