Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
OP Offline
D
We are going to Belize at the end of this Month (April; we will be staying at Ramons Village and using Amigos del Mar or Blue Hole Dive for our diving trips.
Does anyone have anything to say about this choices...good or bad?
Any feed back will be greatly appreciated!

Caribe
Amigos Del Mar - Awesom dive outfit. Highly reccommend.

Have fun

Second on Amigos. If you book through Blue Hole, chances are good that you'll be diving off of Amigo's boats anyway.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

checkout barefoot watersports too [Linked Image]

A
A
Denise - my husband and I will be there April 25-29 and were thinking of diving with Amigos also. Have heard good things about them. We'll be staying at Paradise Villas.

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you guys, as I said, your feedback are greatly appreciated.

Caribe
J
J
We just returned from AC last night. Stayed at Ramone's (Steve & Becky's) & used Amigos for diving. They are definately a first rate shop. The dive masters are all nice. (we had three on the blue hole trip).

There are a couple of things to beware of however. First off, we had scheduled a trip to the blue hole on 4/9. The day previous to that, the wind was blowin pretty hard. It blew all night & on the morning of departure we were at the dock at 5:30 am. The seas were rougher than I wanted to be in. 6' to 10' depending on who you speak to. We decided not to go & asked the guy at Ramone's what to do. He said to go to the Amigos shop when they open at 8 am. (come to find out they were at the shop at 5am). When we got to the shop they guy told us it was up to the captain whether they go offshore or not. So rough or not...you don't get a choice. They were reluctant to reschedule the trip. Said they normally just charge you whether you go or not. (they take an imprint of your card when you schedule the trip). Finally, they agreed to reschedule the trip (we never asked for a refund). We later spoke to the people who went on that fateful trip. All of them said if they had known how bad it was going to be, they wouldn't have gone. A few of them got sick. I can understand why they don't like you to cancel at the last minute, there are a limited number of spots & they need to fill them to make money. But...I feel, in the case of horrible weather, the buyer should be given the choice.

Now, the second thing. We went to the elbow with Amigos 2 days before we did the blue hole trip. They served us lunch on the beach. My husband and I both got deathly ill that night. We weren't sure if it was from the chicken or not, but that was the only thing all day that we both ate. Then we went to the blue hole (they served the same menu for lunch)& my husband got sick again that night! I brought it to the attention (quietly) of the lady at the Amigo's place & she said no one else got sick. Just beware of the chicken. In all fairness, none of the other people on the trip we spoke to got sick. Maybe we're just old.

With all that negtive press being said, I would dive with them again. They are a first rate operation with the best boat for the blue hole trip around. It's just a little buyer beware heads up for the rest of you.

D
OP Offline
D
Thank you Jellyfish...sorry you had such a bad experience with been sick and all that. Thank you for the advice, we will keep the chicken and the weather in mind.

Caribe
Gee, Jellyfish, I'm sure sorry you guys were so sick.

All I can say for myself is that I've eaten an Amigo's lunch perhaps as many as a dozen times and never even had so much as a stomach rumble from it.

(That said, I got sick from the Celi's beach BBQ. No one else seems to complain and so these things just happen sometimes.)

Also, I've been extremely fortunate with the sea conditions. Everytime I've gone out to the Atolls the seas have been good or at worst not too bad. Last time in San Pedro, I was to go on a Blue Hole trip that I cancelled due to too much party the night before. Apparently, the seas were very rough that day but everyone lived through it. I *was* charged for my non-attendance, even though I went down to the dock at 5 a.m. to cancel. I'd hoped Melanie would forgive me. She didn't but it wasn't as if I hadn't been warned. [Linked Image]

That was one expensive night of partying, if ya know what I mean. hee, hee

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

D
OP Offline
D
Is the rough-sea-condition a common problem for divers in Ambergris? Because I am from the Caribbean - Dominican Republic - and we don't have that problem unless there is a storm passing by or something like that. Is this something that we should be concerned about for our diving trip to Ambergris?...it does not sounds like fun, I am starting to get really worry because the main purpose of our travelling to Belize is the diving.

Caribe
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.