Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Passing by on the water taxi yesterday from Belize City - I noticed that Caribbean Villas Resort, just south of town, is doing some serious work on their dock and on their beach.

See what caught my eye? The strange "look-out" tower that's going up on the end of the dock.

Here is the word of the street on this project: Yes, it is going to be a water slide and no, though the work under the palapa LOOKS like a bar, it is merely a spot to sit around and enjoy beers or cocktails (that will be purchased or delivered from the Amber Beach Bar), it is NOT a bar.

I hear that they are going to have this water slide, a water trampoline and more water toys. And that you can buy a bracelet for the day�to use the "rides" as often as you want. Perhaps at a price of $20-25bzd. OR�if you want to go on the water slide, you will be charged a per ride fee - perhaps $5bzd.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

or....it's another 5 story condo project...

Is it just me or is it an eyesore?

D
D
Pedro had it built... So yes.

DC

P
P
The crosspieces are braces while being built I think. I went up it last week. It's high. A lot of people will be changing their minds when they get to the top if thats where the slide starts.

Originally Posted by Phil
It's high. A lot of people will be changing their minds when they get to the top if thats where the slide starts.

and a few will probably be silly (read: *drunk* ) enough to jump from there at low tide...

At either low or high tide the outcome would be the same...

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

The Rumours are True - our Water Slide opens Sunday Morning! Come down on Sunday during the day and ride El Diablo!

The First rider is scheduled for 9:30 am. after that it is open for everyone!

Originally Posted by Nobody You Know
At either low or high tide the outcome would be the same...

would that be in the form of a human mangrove sapling?

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Sliding down El Diablo - It's WAY too much fun!

After much speculation, a little bit of extra gossip and finally, the sight of the finished product, Caribbean Villas unveiled their latest addition to the public: El Diablo (The Devil). We can't say owner Pedro is subtle�

On Sunday, October 11th, the crowd was out in full force to check out this devilish contraption. Every so often, a big splash would be met with cheers and whistles, and eventually, I snapped up some courage. My turn to get on that big slide. Built by Captain Shark's, the 50-foot water slide sits imposingly at the end of the dock where eager observers waited to see the brave souls land with a 'graceful' splash.

El Diablo is open to the public, at $5 per turn, or $25 for unlimited fun. Those under 18 years of age must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Waivers must be signed and of course, all necessary precautions must be adhered to.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

El Diablo maiden voyage and South Ambergris PSA
On Sunday Jake went dressed to slide in a cape, head band and Belizean color themed beads. Caribbean Villas had their first aid kit on hand and thankfully it was not needed. A big crowd came for the 9:30 am launch and true to Belizean form it was slightly delayed but with good reason - speakers were needed to blast the final countdown song for Jake's slide ride. Aside from the dock being crowded, there were 2 boats waiting to watch him take the inaugural ride. People took pics from all angles and there are 3 videos below from 3 different views, air, boat and Jake :) To ride El Diablo water slide - cost is $5 per ride or $25 for a day pass. Hours of operation are from 10:00 am until dusk. There is an attendant on hand for safety purposes. Caribbean Villas is planning to send their slide attendant for first aid and CPR in November.

Water Slide at Caribbean Villas Resort in San Pedro, Belize

Water Slide at Caribbean Villas Resort in San Pedro, Belize . The multi story water slide shoots you into the water very fast!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.