Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

MEN AT WORK: My Favorite Breakfast Spot, Estel's, Opening Delayed Slightly�

Estel's Dine by the Sea originally announced TODAY as the opening date�it was apparent when I rolled up yesterday for a sneak preview that would not be the case.

Here is what I saw yesterday, one day before the proposed opening date. CHANGES!

The "family table" is now a bar area. And there is a floor! With all the sand swept out�Guatemalan marble! Who would have guessed?

The bar will open on the outside�

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

"Something Old, Something New" at Estel's Dine By the Sea

I knew from my day with Charles Worthington emptying his lobster traps that he planned to introduce some changes and my curiosity just got the better of me (and not for the first time I might add).

There appeared to be so much to do in the remaining time before the scheduled re-opening so yesterday when I was in 'Town my inquisitiveness (some might call it nosiness) and curiosity got the better of me and I popped in to see what progress had been made. Oh, and also to find out if they would be open today as had been originally planned.

The full Estel's team was there and they were all busily at work but it was obvious immediately that this wide ranging project would not be completed as planned but it looked good, really good.

The walls have been cleared of paintings and photos and all holes are being filled before a repaint.

This upgrade, and believe me it's an upgrade with a capital U, has really been an Estel's team effort with everyone playing a part.

How about these gorgeous floor tiles that have been 'hidden' for years under sand.

There's still a lot to do but I know, I just know that the Estel's Experience is going to be better than ever and I for one cannot wait for it to re-open this Friday 9 October, bright and early at 06.00 hours. I'll be there. Will you?

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Estel's Re-Opens: Familiar, Delicious but With a Few Upgrades

Well�just a few days later than originally planned, they are open. Today was the first day. And a few days ago, I showed you a construction zone�after working until midnight last night, they were ready to open.

And manager and son of the founders Estrella and Charlie looked very happy indeed. Here's Charles. He said he's been dreaming of this bar area for about 6 years.

The area used to hold the "family table" basically one large dining room table where anyone could sit. But a bit confusing to newbies. This huge bar area is much more inviting�

And Charles now says he is able to stay open like a bar�until midnight. He's thinking dinner�maybe a few nights a week�but he's not making any promises. Yet.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on San Pedro Scoop!

"Worth It" The wait that is for Estel's Dine By the Sea to re-open

I arrived in 'Town at exactly 06.45 hours - I know that they open at 06.00 hours but I didn't want to appear to eager, too needy. I parked and then padlocked the 'cart, grabbed my bag and strode purposefully (and optimistically ) towards Estel's looking for a sign of 'life'. Any sign.

And then I saw. The door was open AND the shutters had been removed from the bar, the NEW bar that is. There was Mark and Sam and I could hear noise coming from the kitchen. Only one thing to do. Take my place at MY table . It's not really my table- table 11 that is- but I like to think of it that way. And you know what? I was the first person to eat there after the re-opening. A commerative T shirt occasion?

The view hasn't changed. It's still beautiful.

So what has changed? Well for a start there's the bar. With comfortable bar stools. A slightly rearranged outside dining area. But my favourite table 11 is where it's always been!

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the "Building a New Life" Blog

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 125 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.