Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: October 17, 2015

General Situation:
Ambergris Caye: Conditions this morning by Elbert just before or after this post!
Belize NMS: We're in the middle of it this morning.... Moist and unstable conditions persist across the country.
Advisories: **Small craft caution for gusty winds and locally rough seas near heavy showers and thunderstorms**
24-hour forecast: Cloudy to overcast with some showers, a few thunderstorms and periods of rain mainly over northern areas and some coastal areas.
Winds: East at 10-20 knots, becoming gusty near heavy showers and thunderstorms.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: East 10-20 kt with occnl higher gusts ; seas: Moderate - rough ; waves: 4-7 ft ; some showers, a few thunderstorms and periods of light rain, mainly north.
Tomorrow: Winds: East 10-20 kt with occnl higher gusts ; seas: Moderate - rough ; waves: 4-7 ft ; some showers, a few thunderstorms and periods of light rain mainly north.
Marine Outlook: (Sunday night) winds: East 10-20 kt with occnl higher gusts ; seas: Moderate - rough ; waves: 4-7 ft ; some showers, a few thunderstorms and periods of light rain mainly north.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 85
General Outlook: For Sunday and Sunday night is for continuing cloudy with some showers, a few thunderstorms and perids of rain mainly over the north.

Tropical Weather Outlook: A broad area of low pressure over the Gulf of Honduras and adjacent land areas is producing a large area of cloudiness, showers and thunderstorms. This system has a low chance of becoming a tropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as as it mpves across Belize and the Yucatan Peninsula, but will continue to produce heavy rainfall during the weekend.

Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro
Wind & weather forecast for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro: Great information for sailors...
Caribbean winds site: An animated map of Caribbean wind and weather. Click for a green circle or position, showing the exact location longitude and latitude, temp and wind speed.
Current Caye Caulker Weather Information
Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information
Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

High Low
Coastal 28° C
82° F
25° C
77° F
Inland 30° C
86° F
23° C
73° F
Hills 24° C
75° F
21° C
70° F
TIDES:
Low - 6:43 AM High - 12:52 PM
Low - 5:51 PM High - 12:28 AM (SUN.)
Sunrise - 5:46 AM Moonrise - 9:33 AM
Sunset - 5:30 PM Moonset - 9:09 PM

CLICK here and here for detailed local weather data

The forecast above showing Saturday with a few periods of light rain?! Give me a break.

This event feels like something that could earn a name.

Can't believe my eyes, but have seen Coastal Express go by twice this morning. Eek.

[Linked Image]

D
D
And now the reef has officially disappeared. Well from view at least.Never good.

DC

I agree Diane and looking at the www.nhc.noaa.gov there is a chance of development..... We are certainly keeping an eye on it..... The break in the reef on our end of the island looks like Niagara Falls..... Admittedly I'm enjoying the rain a little..... Not the wild wind or lurking power outage, just the rain.... wink

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
this storm will probably get a name, but after it leaves our area it appears.... supposed to be heading for the gulf

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I took my boat in this morning and would suggest not trying it. The whiteouts from hard rain make navigation a little scary. Hard driving rain and rough seas with 30 mph winds this morning on Ambergris Caye.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Well ...... My cistern overflowed. Disconnected all downspouts a little while ago.

Caretaker at RBR got up at 3 AM to start draining pool so it would not overflow and drown/kill landscaping. He said the rain filled it faster than it could drain and he had to put a sump-pump to work to keep the water-level down!

I went down to water's edge to check conditions and noted that there is no saragassum on shoreline in our area.

Watching Weather Channel and there is no mention at all of this system. Go figure.

Good advice Elbert. And to those newbies who trust auto bilges .... Don't.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Diane on Storm Caribe

Wet and wild

It's been a long time since I posted weather from Ambergris Caye. With a broken arm, a crashed computer and basically great weather this season, I have neglected reporting from beautiful Belize. Today is a bit different, and worth a brief post.

Big blob of weather came together over the sea east of us and turned into an event. Winds are strong from the southeast, seas are angry inside the reef. Rains are constant, but I can see out to the reef so it's not quite a whiteout at this moment.

The intrepid Coastal Express's 5:30 run just passed, a bit late but braving the weather for those souls who need to get to and from work up the island.

Would expect some sunken boats at docks this morning. Even a good auto-bilge might not keep up with this storm.

I also expect the saragassum was swept away elsewhere .... That could be nice.

Forecasters say this system will continue to move over land today and tomorrow and perhaps emerge in the Bay of Campeche where it could give birth to an official tropical storm.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan...

Rain, rain, rain. This is not the weather for Thunderstorms, just rain due to a lot of wet air over us and low pressure, squeezing the moisture out of the clouds. The centre of rotation appears to be almost over Belmopan, so no wind with this sort of rain. However, most rain is now north of a line near Belmopan and Belize City. Just when you need it, the American weather sites screw up, NOAA can't be bothered to put the NCEP details on this morning and the Navy can't even be bothered to put anything on any web site. Southern Belize is now clear of rain.

I am expecting this rain area to move slowly northwards, so rain reducing during the day, from the south upwards, there may be a little sun occasionally, but mainly overcast.

Temperatures in Belmopan:
Today is probably going to be Similar, to yesterday : Fri, max 28°C 82°F Last night min 24°C 75°F ( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler )

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Although the south is starting to see some clear sky, there is more cloud moving up from the south, so there just could be more rain moving in, later today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.