Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3
Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Verdes FC's SCCL journey comes to an end
After being defeated by Panama's San Francisco FC in their last match of the first round, Belize's Verdes FC has been kicked out of the Scotiabank Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) Champions League (SCCL). On Thursday, October 22nd at the Estadio Maracana de Panama in Panama City, Verdes FC suffered a devastating 8-0 loss against San Francisco FC. This was the final match of the SCCL first round which determined the teams advancing to the quarterfinals. The group stage finished with Verdes in the last position with one win, one draw and two losses, San Francisco in second with two wins and two losses and Mexico's Queretaro FC in first place with two wins, one draw and one loss. At the end of this round, the eight advancing teams moving on to the quarter finals are Queretaro FC, Santos Laguna FC, Tigres FC, LA Galaxy FC, America FC, Seattle Sounders FC, Real Salt Lake FC and DC United FC.

Taxi driver Juan Menjivar shot in broad daylight
31-year-old taxi driver of San Pedrito Area, Juan Menjivar, finds himself at the Karl Huesner Memorial Hospital in Belize City after sustaining gunshot wounds in an incident that occurred on Tuesday, October 27th. According to official police reports, Menjivar was shot by an unknown male suspect while conducting business operations on Lion Street at the entrance of San Pedrito Area, sustaining three gunshot wounds to the arm and stomach. Menjivar was quickly transported to the Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic where he received primary care before being transported to the KHMH for intensive care. The incident occurred around 3:47PM and police believe it was a targeted attack. Upon processing the scene, five expended bullet shells and one slug were retrieved from the area. Further reports from witnesses indicate that the attacker made his escape by water vessel which was docked at the end of Crocodile Street on the lagoon side.

Golf Carts- What better way to explore Ambergris Caye?!
So if you're familiar with Ambergris Caye then you're pretty much aware that the primary mode of transportation around here are golf carts�There are no golf courses but these small four seaters (and sometimes six) are the perfect way to get around on our small isla! Not to mention, they are pretty fun! Most companies only require a valid driver's license (yes, you DO need a license to drive a golf cart J ) and a credit card for payment. Then after getting a quick rundown on our local traffic policies you are good to go.

Ambergris Today

Pic of the Week - October Skies in Belize Keep on Impressing
Is this picture of the week a sunrise or sunset? Can you guess? Be it morning or afternoon, October skies are here to impress. If you simply cannot wake up in time to experience the sunrise, do make time to head to the lagoon area of the island to witness the impressive sunsets as they give the sunrises a run for their money during October. If you guessed 'Sunset' for this one, you got it right!

Oceana's Wavemakers Meet at Annual Membership Meeting
Belizeans from across the country gathered in Belmopan on Saturday, October 24, 2015, to participate in the annual general meeting of Oceana Belize's members, known as Wavemakers. Oceana Belize established offices in Belize in 2009. Today, the organization's largest campaign is to advocate for the protection of Belize's marine resources from the inherent hazards of offshore oil activities.

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

2016 Public and Bank Holidays!

Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit opened
The new Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital was officially opened this morning.

Unauthorized landing at the Municipal Airstrip
A small plane made an unauthorized landing at the Municipal Airstrip this morning at around 5:30am before the airstrip opens at 6:00am. The Piper Seneca PA23 with registration number N32812 is currently parked in front of the Belize Airports Authority under heavy Police, BDF and GSU guard. Reports are that no pilot was found when authorities got to the scene, and nothing was in the plane.

UNICEF Belize warns about fraudulent solicitation letters
It has come to our attention that several people in Belize have received fraudulent award letters and emails that appear to be coming from UNICEF in Barcelona, Spain and Orchadhills Security Company. The false letters state that the recipient has won an award and the winner is asked to submit sensitive personal information such as banking details, family information, address and signature. UNICEF Belize wants to inform the public that that these letters are not authentic, and asks to not provide any of the sensitive personal information requested. In addition, UNICEF Belize wants to clarify that it doesn't do any fundraising from private individuals in the country. UNICEF staff travels around the country to meet with communities, conduct surveys and work with partner organisations, but UNICEF Belize does under no circumstances ask private individuals for donations in person.

MAYA PEOPLE PROTEST
The Maya people of the Toledo District in southern Belize are making their voices heard in support of "Santa Cruz 13" and other violations against Maya people in southern Belize. Protesters were issued with a two hour permit. Photo Courtesy: Monica Magnusson

The Belize Automobile Club presents "Shootout 2015"
All motor sports entusiasts and fans are invited to attend our ANNUAL event to be held in COROZAL for the first time. Admission is FREE. The Belize Automobile Club presents "Shootout 2015" in San Narciso, Corozal on Sunday November 1st, 2015 from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm. The following categories will be leading the event: 1) 1.6 lts - 2) 1.8 lts - 3) 2.0 lts - 4) 2.2 lts - 5) 2.6 lts - 6) 6 cyl and 7) 8 cyl Fee: For all participants (Driver and Car) in all categories: $50.00 Take a break from the political hodge podge and bring out the entire family to enjoy. How to get there: Approximately 11 miles south west of Corozal Town. Lookout for the San Narciso "Welcome" sign on your right on the main Philip Goldson Highway and then take a swift right. Please come out and support and enjoy the event.

Get to know the faces of your candidates in your COROZAL division
We have compiled a photo collage of all political candidates vying the upcoming General Elections for the 4 constituencies in the Corozal District. To enlarge, copy and print, please right click on the image. It is interesting to note that the new political party, the Belize Progressive Party (BPP) nominated a full slate in both northern districts, Corozal and Orange Walk. Edna Diaz of Progresso Village, Corozal is the only woman nominated to represent a constituency in the Corozal District. Diaz is vying for the (BPP) in the Corozal South East Division. Women in Corozal represent 49.84% or 13,010 voters of a total number of 26,101 registered voters (only shy of 81) to equal the total number of male voters, who total 13,091 or 50.15% of the total number of registered voters.

Benque Finados Celebration
The Benque HoC is having their Finados on Monday, November 2nd. They are having their Noche de Cuente Cuentos this Friday. "Live the momentum of Finados and celebrate this living tradition of our dearly departed with offerings and prayers! Keep it alive and honor our most dearly in their journey from the afterlife!"

Poets Corner: Spar or Royal Rumble?
By Abdulmajeed K Nunez. The Ray Leonard, Thomas Hearns era Was the era that saw true gladiators Champion fighting champion No one came in to walk out with an empty hand Sugar Ray went up in class to fight bigger guys and beat them De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather Were selective in their challengers Sugar Ray was a weight unifier So he went after the Hearns-Haglar fight winner I want to see a fight Not a Manny Pacquiao -Floyd Mayweather twilight But the likes of a Haglar, Ray Leonard highlights Our political system needs reform in hindsight It requires men and women with foresight The swing voters will have to be on site Promoting and volunteering on 4th November at daylight This fight will go all night Making sure this is an evenly match up fight

Channel 7

What Was On Board Mystery Plane?
This morning at around 5:30, a small plane made an unauthorized landing at the municipal airport in Belize City. It's a US registered Piper PA 34 Seneca twin-engine plane - and tonight it is under police guard. Authorities aren't quite sure what to make of it because the plane landed before the airstrip was opened and whoever was on board cut out immediately - leaving the police and Civil Aviation Departments with more questions than answers. What we know is this. That same plane flew out of Belize last Thursday for Aruba, and had filed a flight plan to return on Sunday, but did not; it simply appeared this morning. Now, that might sound straightforward enough, but it's illegal - and very suspicious. Every single plane that lands legally in Belize - big or small - has to first file a flight plan with Civil Aviation and then land at the Phillip Goldson International airport to clear customs and Immigration. Of course, planes with illicit cargo, or illicit business do no such thing - but those ones usually land on improvised airstrips deep in the bush, not in Belize City - the country's largest population center.

PUP Alleges Secret Agreement
When the PUP sent out a press release yesterday announcing that it was having a, quote, "breaking news press conference" - it surely sent a shiver down the spine of the ruling UDP- not knowing which skeleton would come out of the closet. But, as it turns out that breaking news wasn't really so hot, no hands caught in the cookie jar, no dirty deeds done cheap - and if it was any kind of skeleton - it's one that the PUP killed and the UDP buried. We say that because it deals with BECOL - the Fortis owned hydroelectric provider, which sells power to BEL. The Canadian company does so using Belize's rivers - for free - and then sells the power to BEL - which the utility company has to pay for in US dollars, and then Fortis happily remits its profits back to Canada. This was an arrangement worked out by the PUP - where BECOL got the rivers free for 40 years, unregulated - and now when the Barrow Administration settled the BEL takeover - BECOL wanted what's known as some comfort, that it would be able to continue to conduct its lucrative business unbothered, without having to worry about regulation.

PM Says BECOL Claim Bogus
And today, the press caught Prime Minister Dean Barrow for a response a short time after the PUP press conference. He said there is nothing unusual about the agreement:... Dean Barrow, Prime Minister "You showed me earlier a document or portions of documents of which the People's United Party referred in that press conference. Every single document related to the settlement with FORTIS was disclosed at the time of the settlement; was attached to the bill that we took to the House to legislate the settlement. So that there is nothing new that these people are pointing to and what they describe as concessions or facilitations - each particular item was thoroughly discussed in the debate that took place at the time we passed the law and I would with the truth debunk all the foolishness, all the falsity of their claims. Every so called concession that they can point to is not anything that has been specially done for FORTIS. It is what is the norm. It is what is par for the course in similar circumstances." Reporter "They made reference to the point that BECOL would continue to operate as normal. They are saying that you did not reveal that."

PM Barrow Goes Hardline on Morales
We also asked the Prime Minister about Carlos Jimmy Moralez, the new President Elect of Guatemala. Moralez got 2.7 million votes or 68.7% - more than double the votes of his opponent ex- first lady Sandra Torres in Sunday's presidential election. Observers are saying his elections could affect Belize Guatemala relations. During his campaign, Moralez made it clear that he feels Belize is part of Guatemala, and his country should do all it can to retain it. Reuters reports that Moralez quote, "floated the idea of reviving a historic land dispute with neighboring country Belize". Now does this revival mean a more aggressive and forceful approach to handling this issue? Well, PM Barrow warned that if Moralez tried that approach that he certainly wouldn't stand for it. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister "Congratulations are due to him. There is a letter that we'd prepare that I will sent to him, offering as a matter of courtesy and in view of the special circumstances that attend the fact of our being neighbors and the fact that we have their unjust territorial claim to deal with - I am sending off a letter in which I am making plain that we remain committed to a peaceful resolution of the dispute. Let make something clear. Mr. Morales is neophyte, he is a novice.

Cayo Central: Which Politician Has More Land?
The political race in Cayo Central is one of the hottest in the country. Dan Silva is trying to unseat two-time representative Rene Montero. Now Montero came within 44 votes of losing to Collet Montejo in the 2012 general election - so Silva should be favored. But, in the March 2015 municipal elections that same Montero machinery trounced the PUP in Cayo Central - earning 800 more solid votes than the PUP for UDP Mayor Earl Trapp in that division. So, Montero is in fighting form, and today his opponent Dan Silva made the rare trip to party headquarters in Belize City to tell the media, that he's done the math; he alleges that Montero's family has amassed vast tracts of land since he got into office. Dan Silva, Cayo Central - PUP "I have a list of 20 properties owned by the Montero family - over a thousand acres in Hicks Caye, Banister Caye, in the pine ridge area, in the Yalbac area and then when the poor people go and ask for a lot and a 50 acres, they refused them and they give them a hard time. So the Montero family is doing very well and the people are not getting anything." Jules Vasquez "Are there properties he amassed during his term in office?" Dan Silva, Cayo Central - PUP "During his term in office, yes."

New PICU, A Dream Realized
The new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the KHMH was officially opened today. The new unit has 2 sections: the PICU, which can hold over 8 children, and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit which can treat about 23 babies. It is a state of the art facility with rigorous screening protocols for visitors. It's a unit that was desperately needed at the KHMH after a devastating 12 babies died at the old unit in MAY OF 2013 . Today health professionals told us how important this new unit is to the healthy and prolonged life of children. The project costs $7 million. The Unit will officially be opened to patients in early December.

PM: If Kim Can Help, Bring It On!
So as we said the construction of the new Pediatric Intensive Care Unit at the KHMH is valued at $7 million. Now to raise that kind of money -Special Envoy for Women and Children Kim Simplis Barrow had to hold local fundraisers and appeal to international donors. But can Kim Barrow's great effort translate into votes for her husband? PM Barrow says if that's the case, he more than welcomes it... Dean Barrow, Prime Minister "Speaking about her in particular. That's one of the reasons why I am so confident about next Wednesday. People realize that she is part of a package deal and she is a wonderful assets to me and to the government and a kind of trump card that I don't play, because that will not be exactly tasteful. But believe me, I am well aware of the fact that there are so many people who do admire her and if as a consequence of that I will get some additional votes - alleluia." Today another $400,000 dollars was donated to the initiative.

PM Says Scuffles Are Regrettable
On the topic of general elections, PM Barrow also commented on the recent violent flare-ups between UDP and PUP supporters. That is highlighted by the arson of UDP Cayo South Ralph Huang's constituency building - which his PUP opponent Julius Espat denies being involved in - and the outrageous brawl in Progresso between PUP and UDP supporters. Now is this violence indicative of the overall mood or atmosphere leading up to next week Wednesday? The PM said no and that these confrontations or scuffles tend to happen when people get a little too heated. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister "I say we have peaceful elections because there is not anything like the sorts of pitch battles that we see in some other countries and there is never any countenancing of the one or two incidents that have always happened, where supporters of either of the two major political parties will sometimes behave in a way that's less than desirable. But I don't think you will find either party officially countenancing that sort of thing and I think you will find both parties are quick to condemn anything that's out of the ordinary. So it's regrettable, but again it has not been as serious as it could have been."

PM On Possibilities
Now while that might be the mood of a few party supporters, PM Barrow is feeling quite calm and ready for whatever the election result may be. Today he gave us a humbled reflection on his long journey in politics. Reporter "You are one week away from elections. Like you keep mentioning any number can play and there is the possibility that your party might not be victorious come next week. If this is the last interview we are having with you as the Prime Minister of Belize, what would be your message to the Belizean people?" Dean Barrow, Prime Minister "Certainly, my message to you is that I am going out smiling. I don't think I am going out at all. But if I am, I am going out smiling. I've always had I think an excellent relationship with the media. From time to time, there is a little bit of pestiness in our back and forth, but that is perhaps as it should be. It shows that there is no powder puffing from your side and where I am concern while 9 times out of 10 I will be nothing but gracious - every so often you know how it is.

Jail For Scissor Stabber
Tonight, 32 year-old Steve Arnold, and his friend, 27 year-old Roger Hilton are in jail serving the first night of a 6 and a half-year sentence. That's after they were convicted in Magistrate's Court for stabbing a man who refused to give them any money when they begged him. The victim, Ian Alexander Holland, testified against both men that May 10, 2015, he went to his brother's shop in Lords Bank Village to by milk. He told the court that while was standing there, Arnold and Hilton approached and demanded money from him. Holland said that they immediately searched his pockets, and when they didn't get any money from him, Arnold punched him in the face. He added that Hilton then pulled out a pair of scissors and stabbed him in the chest. A police officer testified for the prosecution that he came upon the crime in progress when both men tried to ride off on bike. He searched them and found the scissors in Hilton's pocket.

BATSUB, Back?
BATSUB - the British Army Training Support Unit Belize - pulled out of Belize in mid 2013. Well, they didn't officially pull out; it was nicely called a downsizing. Well, they're back, sort of. Today we found the British Army working with the BDF in the jungle near Gales Point Manatee. Daniel Ortiz has that story: There is a group of British soldiers who are also training soldiers from the BDF, and we'll show you how that looked in tomorrow's newscast.

Cell Phones, "Boras", And Moonshine Found In Prison Raid
This morning at 1:00 am, a joint police team searched the remand section at the prison. Members of prison's Quick Response Team, were joined by the Gang Suppression Unit, the Special Patrol Unit and the Canine Unit. A press release says they searched Tangos 8 - 1, 8 - 2, and 9 to find illicit and unauthorized articles - such as cell phones, and improvised weapons. When they were done, they had come up with a dozen cell phones, more than a dozen improvised weapons, along with three gallons of home made wine, a tattoo machine, and a mini boom box.

Police Say Jail Smugglers Run Risks
And how do they get all that stuff in jail? Well, folks from the outside smuggle it in. But, oftentimes, they do get caught. A police press conference was held this afternoon at the Ladyville police station to warn citizens about the penalties of trying to smuggle drugs inside the Central Prison. This week alone 4 busts were made- one involving marijuana stuffed inside the sole of a tennis shoe. The regional commander for the rural areas explained today:... Sr. Supt. Edward Broaster, Commander - Eastern Division Rural "We saw it fit to inform the public about a couple incidents that we have seen developing over a couple month's period where individuals are being caught attempting to smuggle drugs into the Central Prison Through our investigation, we've learnt that several individuals were being paid to take items to the prison. Innocent of what was inside. We have for example, two incidents involving the carrying of tennis shoes to the prison, but the sole of the tennis shoe have been dug out and drugs has been placed inside the sole of the tennis shoe and we will explain on other items that attempt to smuggle into the prison. But we want to advised the public to take any items that are not theirs to the prison, because they will be become victims of this elaborate scheme that is being preyed upon innocent civilians visiting relatives at the prison."

GSU Gets Guns
In other police news, on Friday, October 23rd, the GSU recovered a Rusty 9mm pistol with black pistol grip Walther model P99 with no serial number and a magazine with no ammunition on Iguana Street. And then, on Saturday, the GSU found a chrome 9mm Jennings Model pistol and a magazine with no live rounds at the corner of Dean Street and East Canal. Both weapons were taken to the National Forensics Lab to make comparison with shell casings from different murder and shooting scenes. And this afternoon, at 2:00, the GSU conducted a house search at #74 East Collet Canal, where Jose BENITEZ, Jorge Nunez POSAS, and Marlon GUTIERREZ, were found with 68 cartons of contraband cigarettes in a shop. They were handed over to Customs personnel to be charged uncustomed goods.

Channel 5

Unauthorized Entry! Mysterious Aircraft Lands at Municipal Airstrip
A small twin-engine plane landed at the Municipal Airstrip at around five-thirty this morning - before the facility opens at six. There is no sign of the pilot, passengers or [...]

P.U.P. Says P.M. Barrow Entered into Secret Agreement with Fortis
In August of 2015, the Prime Minister announced that he had reached a settlement with Fortis over the nationalization of Belize Electricity Limited. He announced at the time that the [...]

Is BECOL Indemnified Against Legal Action?
Shoman says that the secret agreement serves to indemnify BECOL against any regularity or legal action which may be brought for the next twenty years - and also commits G.O.B. [...]

P.M. Barrow Dismisses Claim on Statement of Comfort
While the People's United Party was disclosing what it calls a secret deal at Independence Hall, the Prime Minister was at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital attending the handing over [...]

BECOL Exempted from Taxes, PM Says It's Nothing Unusual
Barrow also told the media that at the time when government took over B.E.L., Belize Electric Company Limited was not on the table and that the government will never go [...]

Senator Lisa Shoman Says Agreement Provides No Comfort for Belizeans
But is this just much ado over nothing? That question came up at the press briefing this morning, since the Prime Minister had made mention of a statement of comfort [...]

Maya Leaders Protest in Punta Gorda, Case Against Santa Cruz 13 Adjourned
A protest was held today in Punta Gorda where another court appearance of the Santa Cruz Thirteen took place before Magistrate Emerson Banner. Supporters gathered around the courthouse in solidarity [...]

Jalacte Residents Irate Over Building of Agriculture Office
Mis expressed frustration that Maya communal lands, particularly in the village of Jalacte, are still being accessed and used for public purpose without the consent of villagers.� The inauguration of [...]

P.M. Barrow Tongue-lashes Guatemala's President Elect
The president-elect of Guatemala, Carlos Jimmy Morales, assumes office in January 2016.� And since his landslide victory on Sunday, he has been making statements on a number of issues. Belizeans [...]

O.A.S. Welcome to Observe General Elections
There have been sparks of violence going into the November fourth elections. A fire destroyed the campaign office U.D.P. standard bearer Ralph Huang last Monday and over the weekend, with [...]

Did P.M. Barrow Give Farewell Address to Media Today?
Next week Wednesday, Belizeans will head to the polls to elect a new government, one year and half before the term of the Barrow administration was to expire. At an [...]

GSU Commander Campaigns in the Media
The Gang Suppression Unit has come under fire for early morning weekend raids on homes belonging to P.U.P. supporters in the community of San Jose in the Orange Walk District. [...]

Commander Mark Flowers on GSU's Weekend Activity
The GSU's weekend adventures, according to Flowers, led them from San Jose to the Belize Central Prison on a hunt for an elusive and perhaps mythical firearm. They never did [...]

San Pedro Cabdriver Shot in Broad Day
There was a brazen daylight shooting in San Pedro this afternoon, and it happened right next to the very crowded airstrip. Thirty-one year old taxi-man Juan Menjivar was allegedly at [...]

Trio Await Their Fate in Murder Trial
A trio of Belize City men, accused of the November 2012 murder of Belize Defense Force soldier James Noralez, appeared before Justice Troadio Gonzalez today where submissions in the matter [...]

BATSUB Heads to Gales Point for Jungle Warfare Training
The Belize Defense Force and the British Army Support Unit teamed up today for a joint training exercise to sharpen the skills of the two armies. Belize offers the right [...]

PICU Officially Launched at the K.H.M.H.
A unit retrofitted with numerous incubators, quarters for doctors and nurses as well as a waiting area for families was inaugurated at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital as its new [...]

CTV3

Traffic Accident In Chetumal Involves Belizean Tractor Trailer
A trailer from Belize is involved in a traffic accident in Chetumal Quintana Roo. The incident, as reported by the City's press, occurred around 7:30 last night. A taxi got caught and was crushed under a blue Freightliner trailer carrying over twenty tons of cement, trapping two persons in the taxi. The trailer is reported to have been moving out of the premises of a construction supply factory on the old Santa Elena Highway. The Chetumal press says that the driver did not seem to take necessary precautions and got in the way a Suchaa Taxi driven by one Jose "N", his title hadn't been established at the time of the report. He was traveling at the time with a woman who was not named and both are reported to have suffered severe head fractures and injuries to the face and abdomen. Firefighters responded to the scene and unloaded the trailer before being able to remove the taxi driver and his passenger from the taxi. They were able to free them about half an hour later and were transported to the General Hospital for treatment. The Belizean driver has been detained pending investigations.

Mysterious Plane Landed At Belize Municipal Airstrip
The Belize Airports Authority along with other security officials from the GSU, Police and the BDF are jointly investigating the mysterious circumstances surrounding a twin engine aircraft that made an unauthorized landing at the Municipal Airstrip in Belize City at dawn this morning. Reports are the aircraft is an American type Piper Seneca PA23 light aircraft with registration number N32812. The aircraft is registered under James A Stalling from Irvine California. Aviation records reveal that the aircrafts last flight was tracked from Fullerton, California to San Jose, California on September 30, 2015. At the time of landing, the Municipal Airport was closed to air traffic and the authorities claim that the landing was unauthorized by Belize's civil air traffic authorities. Authorities are claiming that when they arrived on the scene, the pilot was nowhere to be found and the plane was empty. We understand the aircraft will remain heavily guarded by law enforcement officials while they continue their investigation.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

LOVE FM

PUP Accuses Barrow of Engaging In Secret Deal with Fortis/BECOL
The People's United Party today revealed what they called a "secret deal" by Prime Minister Dean Barrow. This is in relation to the Belize Electricity Limited settlement which Barrow announced it in August. The PUP says that as part of the settlement Prime Minister Dean Barrow bound the Government of Belize when he signed the [�]

Barrow Says Belize Will Not Be Bullied by Guatemala
Yesterday we told you of the victory of Jimmy Morales, the now President-Elect for Guatemala who recently topped the presidential polls this past Sunday. Some Belizeans had become concerned over some statements made weeks ago by Morales regarding irrational approaches when it comes to claiming the portion of Belize that Guatemala claims is theirs. We [�]

Special Envoy Does Symbolic Opening of NICU/PICU
The Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital held an Official open ceremony of the Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The newly designed unit is equipped for eight pediatric intensive care patients and twenty three Neonatal Intensive care patients. From the equipment to the infrastructure is state of the art which is estimated for seven million dollars. [�]

Prime Minister Barrow Says His Two Terms Have Been a Wonderful Ride
Elections are one week ago and while the flags, banners, advertisements and campaigning are widely seen around the country, come November 5, there will be only one Prime Minister and thirty Area Representatives in the National Assembly. In an interview held with the Prime Minister earlier today, Love News asked him what would be his [�]

Silva Says Montero Acquires 1000+ Acres of Land Whilst in Government
Dan Silva, the Standard Bearer of the People's United Party for Cayo Central is set to go against Rene Montero Jr. of the United Democratic Party for the November 4 General Elections. During election season, it is accustomed for political opponent to dig up dirt on one another. Silva has been digging and today he [�]

PM Debunks Allegations by Opposition
And while the main Opposition Party was holding their press briefing at their headquarters, on the other side of the City, the Prime Minister, Dean Barrow was at a special event at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital. The media capitalized on his presence and asked him about the allegations put forth by the People's United [�]

Amandala

Gapi-Munchie election tension gets "physical!"
On Wednesday, at a preliminary inquiry for three men accused of the brutal kidnapping and murder of Ramon Cervantes, Sr., at the Orange Walk Magistrate's Court, one of the accused murderers, Noe Gonzalez, disrupted the proceedings when he suddenly alleged that Ramon "Munchie" Cervantes, Jr., the People's United Party (PUP) standard bearer for the Orange Walk North constituency, had ordered the killing of his father. Although the magistrate told Gonzalez that his story didn't make any sense, she said that he had a right to say whatever he wanted to at his trial. Ramon Cervantes, Jr., is challenging the incumbent United Democratic Party (UDP) Deputy Leader, Gaspar "Gapi" Vega, for his Orange Walk North seat. Wednesday's courtroom allegation, however, appeared to have spilled over into campaigns of the two political rivals, whose supporters clashed from early Saturday morning in the village of San Jose, located just outside of Orange Walk Town.

Belize Cancer Society receives much-needed funds
Heather Reneau, Senior Administrator of the Belize Cancer Society told Amandala that the society has just been the recipient of some much needed funds. On October 23, a cheque was presented to them for over $22,000. The money will be used to assist children suffering from cancer. Reneau explained that the money was raised by the raffling of a plot of land at $50 a ticket earlier this year. The proceeds of the raffle, which was conducted by the Children's First and Last Foundation (CFAL), were donated to the society to aid in the financing of medical care for children affected by cancer including chemotherapy, radiation, imaging and testing. "We are seeing a rise in childhood cancers and the more devastating ones are lymphomas and leukemia. Once a child is diagnosed with cancer, the child is unable to get treated in Belize, so for their initial work- up and first treatment, they need to travel abroad. We either send them to Merida or Guatemala to get a full workup and first chemotherapy after which we are able to pass them over to the Dangriga Cancer Center," Reneau explained. Reneau said that at the moment, the Belize Cancer Society is providing financial support to four children.

New Guat prez - trouble for Belize!
President elect Jimmy Morales, 49, has won over 70% of the votes in a run-off election in Guatemala against his rival, Sandra Torres, 60, a former first lady widely perceived to be part of the old power establishment in that country. Morales, a TV actor and comedian turned politician, soared to the top of the polls in the first round of the presidential elections when the former president, Otto Perez Molina, and his vice-president, Roxana Baldetti, were jailed in August after a customs fraud scandal exploded and changed the whole Guatemalan political landscape. "His military backing is significant, and not to be underestimated." - David Gibson, senior diplomat and former ambassador in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs During his campaign, Morales had made a number of controversial statements reflecting, some say, his naivet� about some of the critical issues; others say that Morales was attempting to think outside the box and present to the Guatemalan voters something different from what they are used to.

Jason Reyes, 26, guilty of manslaughter
A San Pedro man, Jason Reyes, 26, who was charged with the November 2010 murder of Lionel Pinelo, was cleared of the murder indictment, but was found guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter when his trial by judge without a jury concluded today in the Supreme Court of Justice Adolph Lucas. Justice Lucas has set November 2, 2015, as sentencing day for Reyes, who has been on remand for almost five years. In the trial, which began on October 5, the court heard evidence from two key prosecution witnesses and after the prosecution closed its case on October 16, Reyes' attorney, Alifa Elrington-Hyde, made a no case to answer submission. In her submission, Elrington-Hyde told the court that the prosecution did not have enough circumstantial evidence to determine that it was the accused who had committed the offense of murder.

11 illegals found in Orange Walk
Police on patrol at about 10:00 Friday morning on the Philip Goldson Highway in Tower Hill, Orange Walk District, stopped and boarded a passenger bus that was travelling to Orange Walk Town from Belize City, and onboard, police found a group of 11 foreigners. Police discovered that the group was undocumented, and all persons - 4 Hondurans, 4 Salvadorans and three Salvadoran minors - were taken to the Orange Walk Police Station, where they were charged with illegal entry into Belize by the Immigration Department. Police said that the three minors were handed over to the Human Services Department, which will provide caretaking services for them until they are deported to their countries of origin.

Thief peeped into the security camera - and then stole it!
A thief was arrested and charged with theft after he was captured, without a mask, on a security camera trying to steal an air conditioning unit from a house in a yard in Corozal Town on Thursday morning. The thief looked into the camera, which recorded his face, after which he took down and stole the camera. The tapes were viewed, however, and the thief, who is well-known to police, was identified. He was reeled in and taken to the Corozal Police Station, where he was charged with theft. Samuel Carter, 25, also known as "Shilling," of Corozal Town, was taken to the Corozal Magistrate's Court on Friday, where he pleaded guilty to the offense. He was ordered to pay a fine of $600 by January 11, or in default of payment, he will spend 3 months in jail. He was then released from custody.

CSSSA high school basketball begins tomorrow
The Central Secondary School Sports Association (CSSSA) 2015 Basketball Competition gets under way tomorrow at Bird's Isle. Seven (7) female teams and nine (9) male teams are participating in this year's competition, which will follow a single round-robin format in regular season. Participating female (F) teams are: Maude Williams High (MWH), Anglican Cathedral College (ACC), Gwen Lizarraga High (GLH), Wesley College (WES), Ladyville Technical High (LTH), Edward P. Yorke High (EPY) and St. Catherine Academy (SCA); and male (M) teams are: MWH, ACC, Nazarene High (NHS), WES, LTH, Sadie Vernon Technical (SVT), GLH, EPY and St. John's College (SJC). Games begin at 5:30 p.m. on week days, and at 10:00 a.m. on Saturdays. A $2.00 entrance fee is charged during regular season, and $3.00 during the playoffs.

SCA and SJC win game 1 in high school volleyball finals
Reports just received tonight from the Central Secondary Schools Sports Association (CSSSA) volleyball finals game 1 at Bird's Isle are that SCA defeated Belize High School, 25-17, 25-17, 25-10 for the females; and in the males, SJC won over Belize High School, 25-17, 25-23, 17-25, 25-20. The same teams meet in game 2 of the finals on Wednesday.

Ruiz nets three goals in San Francisco win
Johnny Ruiz notched three goals to help San Francisco close out Group C of the Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League with an 8-0 victory over visiting Verdes FC on Thursday night at the Estadio Maracana. Ervin Zorrilla scored twice, while Jonathan Pinilla, Moises Gil and Eduardo Jimenez added one apiece for the Monjes, who finished second in the group. San Francisco (2W-0D-2L, 6 points) finished behind group winner Queretaro (2W-1D-1L, 7 points) after breaking out of a recent offensive slump, having scored only once in its last three Panamanian league matches Third-place Verdes FC (1W-0D-3L, 3 points) depart the competition having secured the first SCCL victory by any Belize side with an earlier 2-1 home victory over San Francisco. With an 8-0 loss to Queretaro earlier in the competition, it also becomes the first SCCL side to lose twice by eight goals. Thursday marked the fourth match decided by that score in tournament history.

Packed weekend in BECOL tournament, as teams fight for playoff spots
The BECOL Basketball Tournament resumed this past weekend with 13 games, due to the inclement weather last weekend. On Friday night, Western Queens blew out SHC, 56-12, in the Female division. Western Queens was led by Yesica Prom, who had the game high with 16 points, while Amanda Sarceno scored 14 pts, and Jeneve Reynolds netted 12 pts. Lucia Tesecum was the top scorer for SHC with 10 pts. In game 2, Invaders defeated Belmopan, 54-39, in the Over 35 division. Invaders' top scorers were Peter Odinga with 15 pts, Calbert Neal with 14 pts and Evan Reynolds with 10 pts. Belmopan was led by Alfonso Audinett, who scored 12 pts, while Carlisle Barrow had 10 pts. In the nightcap, Assassins handed Panthers their first loss of the season, 66-60, in the Senior Division. Assassins, was led by Akeem Watters with 26 pts, while Winston Pratt and Kurt "Chengo" Burgess finished with 16 and 12 pts, respectively, in the win. In a losing effort, Trevaughn Usher was the top scorer for Panthers with 16 pts, while Daniel "Buddy" Nolberto tallied 14 pts, and Dijon McNabb had 10 pts.

Editorial: Inflaming emotion, eliminating intellect
With little more than a week to go before general elections in Belize, these may arguably be considered Belize's least cerebral elections in recent history. There have been no debates between candidates and parties, no such debates appear to be on the horizon, and there have been no formal discussions on the election issues held in public fora or on electronic media panels. Everything that has been done and is being done in the way of campaigning by the two major political parties is designed to inflame the partisan emotions of their respective followers. At stake on November 4 is spending control over a billion dollars worth of annual public finances. The partisan campaigners and followers of the two major parties are acutely aware of the jobs and bounties which are at stake, so that they were already on edge as soon as the date of general elections was announced. All the paraphernalia being presented - signs, banners, flags, shirts, songs, and so on, mostly inflame the emotions of those who are partisan.

From the Publisher
I will be watching closely to see how the police deploy on election day in the Lake Independence constituency. This is because Lake I is where one of the candidates, the UDP candidate and incumbent area representative in fact, made public threats against the press, against the private sector, against myself and my sons, and later refused to withdraw these threats when challenged on national television. Hon. King went "ballistic" on Wednesday, August 12, I would submit, because he must have been hearing conversations like that in Cabinet. A couple UDP standard bearers have personally expressed their disgust with his comments, but the UDP's Maximum Leader, Hon. Dean Barrow, has repeatedly refused to disassociate himself publicly from his Junior Minister's threats. This was a mistake, possibly hubris-induced, on Mr. Barrow's part. Our sources tell us that King is now preaching election day violence to his campaigners. If the police want to find out if what I'm saying is true, all they have to do is deploy some of their Special Branch agents and informers to the King campaign camp.

Colonial mentality Part 1
Dear Editor Amandala, In these remaining days before the November 4 general elections, it is worth noting, despite calls of "power to the people," that it is a colonial mentality that has been driving Belizean political leadership. The fallout is erosion of national consciousness, nationhood, Belizean unity, self-determination and quality of life for the masses. Colonial mentality is upheld where there's no revolutionary spirit, no drive for rooting out the cause of the people's distress, no real transformation in which the leadership commits to follow the aspirations of the people for a total move away from the colonial order of business to nationalization and nationhood. Nationalization is by definition revolutionary: it is the organizing of the state on the basis of new social relations. The colonial way, the old social relation, is dressed up in a cloak of paternalism. This is an effort to pass off what would otherwise be called straight-out violation of human rights and human dignity as acts of caring for the people who are deemed incapable of thinking or of taking care of themselves; in short, idiots and imbeciles. The colonial way is condescending; comes from a superior attitude. The campaign party atmosphere since the announcement of early elections, the home delivery of gift bags and the various handouts, conjures up for this writer the image of slaveholders' occasional benevolence to their slaves to assuage their misery just enough to make them not think about the reality of their situation. It's a strategy to keep the masses off balance and dependent. It's a move to cement power.

Colonial mentality Part 2
Dear Editor, Election time makes it more and more evident that the country is fragmented, divided by the leadership into separate blocs of thinking, each with its own wish list. This has produced a people with no common vision, more concerned with what will be done for Toledo, Collet, Orange Walk, Caribbean Shores and so on and so on, as if each area is an entity in itself, separate from the country as a whole. Any development or advancement across the country (I invite you, reader, to name and place them) is consequently spotty, with some areas better, or worse, off than others. The people have been reduced to modeling the attitude of the leadership, acting separately and to their own advantage, disconnected from one another. So much for national unity. We see it among both the employed and the unemployed masses. To the government they ask what can you do for me, for my department, my institution, my village, for my area? Left to their own devices, individuals take as much as they can, not giving value for like kind, getting something for nothing if they can, strangers to personal and business ethics. It's about how much can I take today, especially from those they perceive to have a connection with the prosperous West. The people have taken the path of least resistance, serving the decadency of the West (no fault of their own - it's what has been handed to them) instead of, with the modeling and support of their leadership, beginning at the beginning, not the end. I must give a practical example of the likely outcome of beginning at the end: the cementing of one hundred plus streets in Belize City.

Words of wisdom from Romel Cuello
Dear Sir, I would like to tip my cap to all the candidates participating in this "Belize 2015 General Elections". It takes real courage to throw your hat into that ring. There's the joy of winning and the misery of defeat. This is the way it has to be. On top of that, while in the race, some people will love you with all their might and some will hate you the same way, while others will just watch to see what happens to you. Winner takes it all. First past the post. Only thing the public wishes to see is people acting with honor and integrity. The competing can get downright dirty sometimes. You are under a powerful microscope and find out things about yourself that not even you knew were there. No violence, please! We are all brothers and sisters. All a we da one. We all have friends on all sides of the fence and wouldn't like to see anything bad happen to any of them.

Burglar caught on surveillance camera remanded
A man who was caught on a surveillance camera burglarizing a home in the St. Martin De Porres area was remanded to the Belize Central Prison after he was arraigned on the charge before Senior Magistrate Sharon Fraser today. Kareem Smith, 27, pleaded not guilty to one count of burglary, but the court prosecutor objected to granting him bail on the strength of the prosecution's case against him. Magistrate Fraser upheld the prosecution's objection and remanded Smith to prison until his next court appearance on November 23. Smith, who was out on bail prior to this latest brush with the law, maintained his innocence, telling the court that he is not the kind of person to break into, people homes. He also alleged that the police charged him because he refused to snitch on a friend of his.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Training and Employment Centre marks one year anniversary
The Belize Training and Employment Centre was established last October under the aegis of the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) in order to develop and introduce industry-specific training for unemployed or under-employed Belizeans to find jobs quickly. One year later, four in every five BTEC graduates [�]

PM says thank you to press for the memories
Prime Minister Dean Barrow, mostly by choice, has become a focal point of press interviews in the last eight years. It is to him that we turned for the answers to any number of questions touching the politics and government of Belize, and many other issues besides. Every [�]

PM ready for elections: ignore "silly season"
While Jimmy Morales is fairly in as President of Guatemala, Prime Minister Dean Barrow and his United Democratic Party still have an election to win. There is no clear leader going into the final week of campaigning, and the temperature has started to rise. There have been allegations [�]

PM Barrow to Jimmy Morales: Leave Belize alone!
It is safe to say that no Guatemalan general election has been as closely watched in Belize as this most recently completed one, which saw comedian Jimmy Morales obtain a landslide victory over more fancied rivals. Part of the reason for that is the fall of former President [�]

New KHMH PICU/NICU opened
It was born from tragedy - the deaths of 13 babies in the span of a month in May of 2013, eight of them from a bacteria the hospital was supposed to keep out. But the last two years have seen a feverish effort of fundraising, lobbying and [�]

PUP reveal "secret deal" between GOB and Fortis; but is it a secret?
A short notice from the People's United Party yesterday spoke of "breaking news" to be revealed at a press conference today, Tuesday. While the party is not a communications unit, that was sufficient to bring the press to Independence Hall. And they were told that the ruling party had [�]

Pair jailed for attempted robbery
27 year old Roger Hilton of Ladyville and 32 year old Steve Arnold will spend seven years in the Central Prison after being found guilty of attempted robbery of a man at a Chinese store in Lords' Bank. Hilton and Arnold tried to rob a good friend, Ian [�]

Taxi operator shot multiple times on La Isla Bonita
31-year-old Juan Menjivar is currently receiving medical attention after receiving as much as three gun shots wounds. Menjivar, who is a taxi operator by trade in San Pedro, Ambergris Caye was the intended target. BMG was made to understand that around 4:00 p.m. Menjivar was at the luggage section of Maya Island [�]

Mysterious plane lands at municipal airstrip
Officials in the old capital, Belize City are currently investigating the mystery twin engine aircraft that landed unauthorized at the municipal air strip sometime after 5:30 this morning. The Piper Seneca PA23 with registration number N32812 is currently parked in front of the Belize Airports Authority (BAA) under heavy Police, [�]

Belize Bank donates $10,000.00 towards Muffles College Auditorium
The Belize Bank Limited presented Muffles College with a $10,000.00 donation as part of its program to work with the various communities in positive programs and initiatives. The donation was a commitment to assist the school in building an auditorium. Like many schools in Belize, Muffles College was in need [�]

Maya of Santa Cruz protest outside of court
Since the incident earlier this year, in which Rupert Myles was tied up and humiliated in the village of Santa Cruz, 13 Mayan persons, including leader of the Mayan Leaders Alliance (MLA) Christina Coc, have been facing the consequences of their actions and today returned to court. The group was [�]

Blogs

I learned a lot and met some really great people
One of my favorite quotes comes from well known author Anais Nin - "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." When Maynor Larrieu asked me if I would give a 15 - 20 minute talk at the First Annual Belize Tourism Board Digital Marketing Summit, I said yes. I knew it was one of those times in life where I needed to push myself and become a blossom over remaining a bud. I knew from our one practice with a projector and having Heidi and Kendall there to critique, that my power-point was well received but my speaking abilities needed polishing. Of course that last bit was according to my own thoughts not theirs. I wanted to be the best I could be and provide useful informative information to countrywide business owners and to the other panelists on how they could brand themselves in today's digital marketing world.

A Brilliant Week of Sunsets in Belize
Google, I asked, what makes for a beautiful sunset? All this week in San Pedro (from my perspective) and across Belize (as shown on Instagram), the sunsets in particular have been absolutely gorgeous. Humidity (which I look up about 8 times a day here)? Clouds? Storms? Well�yes. And more. According to this National Geographic article, the answer is�exceedingly dull. So instead, I'll just show you some pictures. This week in October in Belize.

Ten images to make you fall in love with Ambergris Caye all over again
I spent this morning walking home from San Pedro. And it took hours. I meandered. I poked. I explored. I dawdled. It felt like walking home from grade school all over again, and that is a good feeling. I walked because I wanted to but the main reason is that a misbehaving "Moncho's 59" is scaring the bejesus out of people. Our golf cart has taken to backfiring - and not those cute little "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" burps and belches. When "Moncho's 59" backfires it sounds like a Crips and Bloods cross-fire. More than one person has headed for the ground with their head covered. Plus it is stalling at the most inopportune times, like when I've backed out into traffic and have three seconds to hit forward before the next cart rams me from behind.

International Sourcesizz

New system, new hope for thousands of fishermen in Belize
A fisherman and father of four, Yonardo Cus was becoming increasingly worried that the catch from the Belize Barrier Reef on which his family depends was running out. Spiny lobster catches had plunged from 200 to 20 per day during his 20 years in business, and some fish populations by one-third. All the while, Yonardo's income dropped, and he wasn't alone. Some 15,000 Belizean fishermen and their families who depend on the reef for their livelihood saw a wealth of conch, lobster and reef fish decline in recent years due to unrestricted fishing. Would the corals, seagrass, mangroves and cayes once teeming with life eventually run empty, they asked one another. Enter a not-so-new concept: Territorial Rights Use for Fishing, or TURF - a system that gives a fisherman or group of fishermen a dedicated area in which to practice their trade.

Guatemala's Perez says Biden forced him to accept anti-corruption purge
Guatemala's jailed former president, Otto Perez, says he regrets bowing to U.S. pressure to extend the work of an anti-corruption unit that then toppled him from power and that it was U.S. Vice President Joe Biden who forced his hand. Perez resigned and was arrested last month after Guatemala's attorney general and the U.N.-backed anti-corruption body accused him of leading a customs racket. In a series of meetings earlier this year, U.S. officials pressured Perez to fire corrupt officials and allow the International Commission against Impunity in Guatemala (CICIG) to continue its work, officials with direct knowledge of the talks have told Reuters. Renewing the CICIG´s mandate "was one of the things I must regret," Perez told Reuters on Saturday at the military prison where he is being held awaiting trial. He maintains he is innocent of the charges against him.

Belize: Africans, Asians and Indigenous Peoples Demand Reparations
In mid-October the Belize Commission: Initiative for Justice and Reparations (BCIJR), called on Belizeans of all oppressed backgrounds to gather at the Belmopan Convention Center for the Second Annual Popular Justice and Reparations Convention. Belizeans across racial and ethnic groups have constituted the only popular reparations initiative in the Caribbean in support of the Caribbean Community and Common Market (CARICOM) Reparations Commission created in 2013. At this year's convention, approximately 150 African Kriol, Garifuna, Mopan, Yucatec and Q'eqchi Mayan as well as East Indian peoples discussed the historical wrongs carried out against them by European colonial powers and what reparations means to and for their communities. For two consecutive years, women, youth, elders, farmers, fisher folks, cultural workers, academics and union leaders among others have gathered to discuss an action plan for reparations. These distinct communities share interwoven histories of how Britain, France, Spain, and other colonial empires exploited, enslaved, raped and carried out genocide against their peoples. Not unlike the rest of the Caribbean, Belizeans' ancestors were kidnapped, forced to migrate and exploited from a variety of places such as India, St. Vincent, the Venezuelan Orinoco Basin, the African continent as well as within Belize itself.

Summer program Camp Starfish serves Belizean children
Over a span of two weeks during the summer, University of Missouri-St. Louis education faculty and undergraduates coordinated Camp Starfish, a program that offered coconut bowling, oobleck, traditional garifuna dance, gak and yoga lessons to a group of 28 special needs students on the Belizean island of San Pedro. According to Lynn Navin, director of the University Child Development Center at UMSL, Camp Starfish represents a positive and dynamic shift toward the education of special needs students in Belize. "There isn't a national education system for children with special needs in Belize," she said, "so they usually don't go to school. Or if they do go to class, they sit at the back and don't receive instruction." Besides working to understand complex cultural differences, Navin and the crew of education undergraduates used quick thinking and teamwork to meet challenges and provide Camp Starfish students with the best experience possible.

The New Caribbean Food Movement
That the food of the Caribbean is increasingly being embraced by chefs and diners alike comes as no surprise to Alexander Smalls, an owner of Minton's and the Cecil in Harlem. "It's bold and full-flavored and aromatic and textured food," Mr. Smalls said. The Cecil in particular draws liberally from Guyana and Trinidad, in dishes like a roti pizza topped with soft shreds of oxtail, while the shrimp in chile-tomato sauce over yam flapjacks borrows from the executive chef J J Johnson's Barbadian relatives. Mr. Smalls grew up eating the Gullah cuisine found in his native South Carolina, which has deep ties to the Caribbean islands via the colonial slave trade. He has spent a lifetime pondering the culinary legacy of the African diaspora and the effects of "hundreds and hundreds of years of migration," he said, on countries like Barbados and Guyana. Though the results vary from nation to nation, Mr. Smalls said, Caribbean food is a fusion of influences that may include plantains, okra and rice from African slaves; stir-fries and soy sauce from Chinese migrant workers; pork in all forms from Spanish colonists; puff pastry from the French; and myriad curries and flatbreads delivered with indentured servants from India.

Videos

• Restore Groups go International - The Belize Central Prison, 2min. Parker's Creek Baptist Church has been a critical connection with Restore's existing work with The Belize Project in South America. Once connected, Parker's Creek has taken several missions trips to Belize to establish Journey to Freedom Small Groups in Belize Central Prison. To date, upwards of 700 inmates have completed the program, with over 100 inmates trained to be facilitators-this is work that Restore couldn't do without the resources and love of Parker's Creek and their selfless staff and volunteers.

• Fishing and Lodging with Hardcore Fishing Charters in Placencia, Belize., 4min. Hardcore Fishing Charters (HFC) in Placencia, Belize offers world class angling both for the extreme sports fisherman and novice alike. HFC employs the most experienced captains, state-of-the-art equipment, and knowledgeable land-based staff available on the peninsula.

• Raw drone video Starfish Island Belize, 7min. This is raw video I shot with my DJI Phantom 2+ over Starfish Island in Belize.

• Belize school tour 2015, 1.5min.

• Belize school tour 2015, 4min.

• Belize Day 2, 5min. Belize day 2 off the Aggressor III. 5 Dives, painted wall and SE Cut over.

• Belize Honeymoon, 12min. Here's a few snips from our honeymoon in Belize!

• Teddy Bear Shuttle Transfers in San Ignacio, Belize, 1min.

• Belize Slide Show 2015~ Long Version, 27min.

• Butterflies in Belize, 1min.

• Dolphins in the Caribbean breaching, Half Moon Caye, Belize- by Kendrick Kaufman, 15sec.

• Yasser Musa, 18min. Artist Yasser Musa speaking on Art and Culture and the role it can play in the small nation of Belize. Delivered at the Belize Youth Movement's Agenda for Now - Youth and Culture, Image Factory, Belize City 24 October 2015.

• Link Copied to Clipboard
    April
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30
    Cayo Espanto
    Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
    More Links
    Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
    Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 181 guests, and 0 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Statistics
    Forums44
    Topics79,204
    Posts500,028
    Members20,468
    Most Online7,413
    Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
    BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
    BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
    BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
    and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.