The buzz around town is the new Indian Food place called Basmati Restaurant on middle street. It is in the old Moondancer clothing store building across from A&R. This is a really big deal because up until now if you wanted East Indian food you have to either fly over or have it flown in by Sumathi Restaurant in Belize City.

I do love a good curry. Indian food has certainly been a missed item since moving to this island. Just a few days ago I passed by the location and saw that everything inside was getting redone, and was hoping for a restaurant…and I was very happy with what Taco told me that is was; Indian food. Of course I had to try it. Day one is the best right?! My buddy and I cruised down there for some deliciousness on the first night of operations.

Forgive me, cause I like the food…but I really have no idea what things are called. After we placed our order they brought out these little flat hard cracker things that were really great little pre dinner treats. They were a bit pepper/spicy which was perfect for me – mainly ’cause the spice overtook my dinner mate Brian and I got to eat his too!

He had the beef curry with white rice, (not sure who orders white rice with Indian food…but this restaurant was accommodating) and I picked the Chili Chicken. Both great choices I thought. I would rank mine as ‘pretty darn spicy’ but I ate every ounce of that sauce. The taste was great, and NEW for the island. The chicken was colored through, indicating to me mine had sat in a proper long marinade (another dinner I queried about – his experience reported the opposite of his meat).

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos on Tacogirl's Blog