Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#50953 - 05/13/02 06:30 PM Sept. or Nov.??????
Umpara Offline
kenny and I would like to thank you guys for all of your great info re: ambergris. we have decided to stay at Victoria House. The only last decision is August or Nov. the weather reports say Sept. has less rain, but nov. may get chilly. has anyone been down there on those months. which do you prefer? one last thing, i am not a good flyer, and the flight from florida will be hard enough (xanax & 151)!!! lol. what about this "little" plane from belize to san pedro. i'm scared!!! is the ferry a pain? anyway, any info will be appreciated! p.s. the posts on addicted to dc are too funny! remember: "ladies and gents take my advice, pull down your pants & slide on the ice"

#50954 - 05/13/02 06:58 PM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
Gela Offline
Umpara, September and November are during hurricane season. I think that would be your only major problem traveling during that time. I was there in early December and the weather was great - not cold at all and the rain didn't go on for ever when it did rain.You will be traveling in low season so the prices of hotels are much cheaper too.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#50955 - 05/13/02 07:49 PM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
rickcheri Offline
It's September and October that is a more likely hurricane season. The later in November it is less likely. I not a professional...but i don't think it skips a month???? C

#50956 - 05/13/02 07:56 PM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
Gela Offline
R&C - yep - October seems to be the most popular month for Hurricanes lately.
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#50957 - 05/13/02 08:16 PM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
susangg Offline
Whoever told you September in Belize is "chilly" must have been hallucinating, thinking they were in Belize when they were really somewhere up north. It's been known to happen!
I have not been there in September but the general consensus is that is probably the worst month to go, due to (1) hot; (2) days with no breeze at all; (3) unfriendly flying critters; (4) rain rain rain; and (5) possible hurricanes. October is supposedly not such a hot time either.
I have been to Belize over Thanksgiving and had great weather. Still technically the rainy season but tapering off quite a bit...usually (tropical weather is NEVER predictable). I'd say the second half of November is a pretty good bet for at least some nice sunny days...SO if your choice is between September and November, definitely go for November!
Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: susangg@garcia.mpowermail.com

#50958 - 05/14/02 09:01 AM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
BankerWoman Offline
Umpara, you and me kid when it comes to the hatred of flying. But don't worry about the flight from Goldson to AC. Both ways we were on a little twelve-seater and survived with "flying colors". Hopefully, you will be so mesmerized by the beautiful blue water below and the outlying Cayes that you will forget about being in a small plane. I was totally surprised when it only took 20 minutes (and felt like 10!) Watch the carry-ons, though. The seats are narrow and the aisle is only about 6" wide. Have them load everything but your purse. Have a wonderful trip!

#50959 - 05/14/02 01:42 PM Re: Sept. or Nov.??????
aqtpie2 Offline

I ONLY go in Nov. No problems yet.....

Great weather. Wherever you heard chilly - someone is pulling your leg - or they are from, possibly hell. Weather is super - HOT in the day, great sunning weather, and warm at night.

Enjoy! VH is beautiful.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 45 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,718 Topics
461,260 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.