1/4 lb. butter
1 lb. white sugar
1 coconut grated
1 lb flour
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 eggs beaten
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 small tin evaporated milk
Pineapple essence ( or other flavouring of choice)
1. Mix together butter, sugar and egg.
2. Take out a small portion of the grated coconut and add a little warm water and squeeze to get coconut milk
3. Add coconut milk and coconut trash to Remaining grated coconut then add to the butter mixture. Stir and add a little water.
4. Add flour, baking powder , nutmeg (ground) , pineapple essence ( or otger flavouring) and evaporated milk.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes .
Trifle is somewhat of a cake. It's not very sweet and not as light as Belizean Light or Belizean White cake, but it very satisfying. The coconut flakes inside the cake offers a nice surprise of chewy bits.