The family and friends of veteran journalist, Patrick E. Jones are asking the public to help him with financial donations, in order that he may be able to undergo an urgent surgery for Acute Pancreatitis.

A fellow media colleague, Kent Pandy wrote on his Facebook page over the Christmas holidays that Jones, known for keeping Facebook members updated with the latest news, has been ill and was
hospitalized for five days in the La Loma Luz hospital in Santa Elena, Cayo, awaiting operation.

Pandy informed that the hospital required $1,500 in advance so that Jones can undergo the surgery. While Jones had received some help, he needs more money to cover the entire medical expense.

“Today is Patrick Jones, tomorrow it could be one of us”, Pandy wrote.

Jones has spent over 30 years in the media, and has worked at the now defunct Radio Belize and Friends FM, before moving on to Love FM and Channel 5. He shares news via his Facebook page called “Breaking News – News at the Speed of Live”.

Anyone wanting to help Patrick Jones with his medical bill can make deposits in his Belize Bank account, number: 650-2230-1597 Belize Bank. Jones can also be reached at cellular number: 607-6777.

The Reporter

Patrick E. Jones diagnosed with Acute Pancreatitis

Ok I just spoke to Patrick's Daughter Kimberly Locke she says Patrick E. Jones has been diagnosed with Acute Pancreatitis and needs surgey ASAP. He checked himself out of loma Luz hospital today! Not Good! Please Please help with Donations if you can. Patrick E. Jones needs all the help he can get. We all know Patrick gives everything he has for his fellow man. -- #650-2-2-301597 Belize Bank.

I just spoke to Patrick he is very weak! He is at home on a special diet awaiting SURGERY. The doctors say he needs to build up his strength before he has surgery. Jesus I hate our medical system and our basic lack of knowledge of our bodies. This man needs some proper care and fast!