Next Thread
Print Thread
#51021 03/06/02 10:24 PM
R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hey Bev and John,

Get back ok?? I have been too lazy to post a trip report! Are you going to? What can I say..lots of fun. To all of you out there...How pathetic is this? Just back from AC and we brought back a bottle of coconut rum with us. Well tonight I was dying for some but had nothing in the house to mix it with so I resorted to adding one of my six year olds juicy-juices in a box!! LOL <not bad> Shhh..don't tell anyone [Linked Image] Rhonda

#51022 03/07/02 12:55 PM
hey rhon, fellow PA-er. beautiful & 65 in doylestown today!!! hoorray! how was the trip?

jack-a-roe...is this name from the greatful dead song? i thought no one knows that song.

#51023 03/07/02 12:58 PM
J
J
Sent a note to the BC thread. Don't tell anyone too, but we are on our second bottle of the concentrated rum punch mix!

#51024 03/07/02 02:31 PM
J
J
Sweetjane, the Dead does do this song. It's an old British folk song. IActually, we just watched them play it on a DVD I bought yesterday! Jack-A-Roe is also the name of our sailboat which we race out of Chicago. It's great when someone recognizes where the name came from!

#51025 03/07/02 05:02 PM
i agree. people here just don't appreciate how cool i am. ha!

my husband of 15 years hates the dead. i saw them around 20 times before i was 21. i figured it was a traditional cover...so much of their ecclectic stuff is. interesting name for a boat.

funny, about the juicy-juice.

#51026 03/07/02 05:07 PM
M
M
Jack-a_Roe

I gotta get the disc. Is it on CD somewhere or do I have to find a deadhead that taped it live?

I've been too busy here to do a trip report. Must get to it before it all goes out of my head.

MtM

#51027 03/07/02 11:28 PM
R
Rhon Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Hi Jane!

Geeze I went away for two weeks and I came back and now you are "sweet". When did this happen?? [Linked Image] Or have you always been sweet?? Haaaaa. We had a great time on the trip! Thanks for asking. Stayed at the Mayan for the second time which is a good spot for us with our little boy. Close to everything. Went out fishing with Abel 4 times while there and loved it. He is terrific. Caught lots of fish, three barracuda's and Peter had a fight with a shark at one point. The shark won however but it was fun. The testosterone was a flowin'. Did the golf cart thingy of course and made it up to Sweet Basil's and Palapa for the first time. I can see why everyone on the board likes them so much. Really nice. Saw our friend Dreddy at Cholo's again! Lot's of other familiar friendly faces. Oh and my son got a big, sloppy kiss on the forehead from Paisano! LOl. Not sure if he has recovered yet. Nearly died of embarassment.
Yeah the weather here in the Pocono's is unbelievable too. We skipped winter. In the 60's tomorrow as well. Talk to you soon...Rhonda [Linked Image]

#51028 03/08/02 10:47 AM
J
J
Mike and Daphne

I bought the DVD at a local record store, about $20. I just checked and it's available at Amazon. The one we have is View from the Vault recorded at Three Rivers Stadium in 1990. Picked that one becuase it has the Jack-A-Roe song on it. We'll probably invest in more cuz they're really fun to watch.

#51029 03/08/02 11:45 AM
rhon...70's here today!!! my forsythias are starting to bloom. so weird for march. still sort of waiting for that end-of-april blizzard.

jar & mike- i haven't seen a moving picture of the dead in well over 10 years. sometimes i wish frank shared musical taste with me (and my love for AC). best we can do is watching chris isaak's show in showtime. and we both really like steely dan.

i did treat myself to american beauty & reckoning on cd. (with 2 little ones, private time is a rare thing). i listen by myself in the hot tub & stare at the stars. i can almost smell the clove cigarettes...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.