Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#510478 01/07/16 10:00 PM
OP Offline
Some one will be able to post just how many years ago the MASTER PLAN was first sent to
GOB to pass.
Who can explain who profits from not getting this done?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Developers and the GOB I would imagine.

S
S
Speculators.

IMHO, Long term investors and developers - those who understand sustainability - would benefit greatly from an appropriately updated master plan being implemented.

Please note that the first one was written in the late 80's before water and sewer and widely dispersed electricity. It does need updating to reflect current conditions.

The Ministers and Town Board would be restricted from giving permits to developers who in turn kickback to the Ministers and Town Board rewards for the permits and permissions. It's completely Pollyannaism to think a developer gives a ratsass about sustainability.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
OP Offline
The reason I ask is I need to learn who needs to be convinced to get this moving forward.

I like my neighbors and wish them well but Tres Cocos is no longer "The premier residential area" that it once was.

Before I move further north I want to regain the beautiful, peacefull lifestyle I had here, 1 mile north of the bridge.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
S
S
All of us that live here have to face the fact that we either go along for the ride or take the next train out of town. Progress has arrived and it's not going to slow down so we may as well make peace with it and grow along with it. My old neighbourhood of 10 years on the Boca del Rio beachfront is now a commercial zone and no longer the quiet peaceful residential area it once was. I moved because of that and I'm happy with where I am, if I have to move again so be it. Like it or not we adapt or die.

Amen Simon!

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.