Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jenlea Offline OP
OP Offline
J
I know there are tons of postings regarding weddings on AC, and I've probably read all of them within the past 2 days, but I still have a dilemma. If anyone has personal experience with either the Sunbreeze Beach Hotel or the Sundiver Beach Resort (or both), can you please let me know your opinions. My fiance and I want to get married on AC in October, and we have about 30 guests coming with us. I've read way more about Sundiver, but I don't want to rule out Sunbreeze. Thanks in advance for your help!

Depends what you want. SunDiver is a nicer place for a wedding I think. Remote, out of town, private, and beautiful.
Sunbreeze is in town.

S
S
Sunbreeze is an "good" place, when we were there in February, the Bouganvilla was blooming and was beautiful on the building wall but it is VERY close to town...as a matter of fact...the school is right next door..so you will hear kids laughing and yelling...it is not bothersome but not what you would want for your wedding.

J
J
Just got back from our wedding in San Pedro. We had 18 guests, and everyone thought that Rocio at the Blue Tang organized an awesome wedding for us. They said that we were the first ones to be married there with her help, and they have a brand new big white tent that worked great (which we would have definitely needed had the 3 days of practically monsoon weather not let up by our big day, but we lucked out and had a beautiful sunny day), and she made a terrific meal for all of us. The tent was also nice to keep the wind away, although it wasn't that windy on our wedding day, but also gave a nice intimate reception area with the fruit centerpieces and candlelit tables (as the wedding was late afternoon and it was evening when we had the reception). Having the sand as our floor during the ceremony and reception was an added bonus. Our guests stayed at 3 different resorts in the San Pedro area, one that you mentioned, and the two of us stayed at the Blue Tang and I can honestly say that if we had booked earlier every one of them said that they preferred the rooms at the our place (especially the top 3 rooms oceanside). The staff were all extremely helpful and friendly and we will miss them as friends now that we are back home. The wedding package price was also very reasonable. So, hope this helps you out. We also watched a couple of other weddings while we were there if you are wondering anything else.

J
jenlea Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Thanks so much for all of your help. The Blue Tang sounds great. We decided on Sundiver not too long after I posted this topic, I'm just having a really hard time keeping in touch with Tazmara there (by email). Hopefully, everything will work out there, but if not - I'll keep Blue Tang in mind. Thanks again!

J
J
No problem. We hadn't checked out Sundiver, but I didn't hear anything negative about it. Congrats!

T
T
I got married at the SunDiver! I had a really good experience there. It was so romantic! I would not recommend the Sunbreeze simply because it's RIGHT in the middle of town, there's really no beach area to get married, and it wouldn't be private at all. Sundiver did a great job with the set-up of the wedding, etc. And the rooms were nice and airy. The beach was clean and peaceful! Feel free to e-mail me with any questions: [email protected]
The only thing about SunDiver some of my guests didn't like is that they had to take a boat into town. The boat ran all the time and worked with us, so it really wasn't a big deal to most people! I liked being out of town.
Oh, here's some pictures: http://community.webshots.com/user/turnbun
Also, I HIGHLY recommend you take the Hustler catamaran out one day with all your guests. It was a BLAST and the food they made us was AWESOME!
Good luck!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 231 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.