Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#51156 - 04/15/02 03:22 PM Workout Facility
Friend of Teacher Offline
I am curious to know if there are any workout facilities around the island? I would appreciate any information anyone could relay.

#51157 - 04/15/02 03:31 PM Re: Workout Facility
Chloe Offline
Oscar's Gym north end of town, near the hand ferry. Big white building.

#51158 - 04/15/02 05:06 PM Re: Workout Facility
trina Offline
Yeah, we went there last year, a couple of times.. good place, right near the cut.

#51159 - 04/15/02 05:47 PM Re: Workout Facility
teacher Offline
We must think alike, friend! Does anyone know if they have eliptical trainers there...weird question...but it is worth a shot!

#51160 - 04/16/02 09:48 PM Re: Workout Facility
blackjay Offline
We work out at home, (love the elipitical trainers) - in AC though, try Kayaking, that'll give you a damn good work out, don't worry about the gym....

#51161 - 04/16/02 10:51 PM Re: Workout Facility
trina Offline
What can I say...my husband is a gym rat. We kayaked AND snorkeled AND ran AND hiked AND danced/discoed AND ....have I left anything out? AND went to the gym.

#51162 - 04/16/02 11:51 PM Re: Workout Facility
teacher Offline
Okay, Trina...I'm impressed!

Do you remember if the gym had any eliptical trainers? Thought you'd be the right person to ask if you've been there recently!

Thanks!
teacher

#51163 - 04/17/02 12:19 AM Re: Workout Facility
B_b_f_b Offline
Don't think they have any eliptical trainers there. More strength training stuff. They are good if you are really into weights, otherwise, I'd say take a long walk on the beach all the way up past the hand ferry.

P.S. I love eliptical trainers - lots of bang for the buck in my book.

[This message has been edited by Becky_bound_for_Belize (edited 04-16-2002).]

#51164 - 04/17/02 01:55 AM Re: Workout Facility
trina Offline
They dont'have a lot of the newer style equipment, such as elliptical. Mostly Nautilus style and free weigths. Nothing too fancy. But fun anyway.

#51165 - 04/21/02 07:06 AM Re: Workout Facility
capt_cu2 Offline
For cardio try biking or running on the beach. Oscar's has plenty of rusty free weights and cable/nautilus type machines.

If you seriously want to lift weights,you will find all the basics +. Maybe a big guy to spot you. However, there is absolutely NO cardio equipement from the last 2 decades. Just a couple of rusted exer-cycles pushed off to the side. No "womens section upstairs" like we read somewhere.

I recommend seeing the island on some crumby old bikes. Its fun and good exercise.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.