Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#511416 02/06/16 05:20 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

February 18 & 19 at The Bliss in Belize City and February 20 & 21, in San Pedro... Catch this great live show - A Tango Puro!!

A world class Tango Dance company called A Puro Tango is getting ready to perform for public in 4 day event.

These professionals dancers have been in many different countries, and in two weeks time, they want to entertain you with the Tango, which originated in the South American Countries of Argentina and Uruguay.

Today, one of the performers visited our studio extra early to try to convince the public to come out and experience their very first performances in Belize.

Here's what she told us about the upcoming event:

Her fellow performers will arrive in Belize on Wednesday, February 17, and we hope to take you behind the scenes for a peek at their rehearsal.

You can get tickets at the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts.

NICH presents 'A Puro Tango' musical group

The National Institute for Culture and History (NICH), in collaboration with the entertainment company, World Wide Arts is presenting the entertainment act "A Puro Tango" on February 18-19 2016 at the Bliss Center for Performing Arts.

Oksana Kordiyaka, coordinator and cultural promoter of World Wide Arts, stated that people can expect to see "a lively cultural tango performance, live singing and music, with the best dancers and best artists that will leave people with beautiful memories and liven their troubles."

Kordiyaka also stated that if Belizeans are interested, the company will offer classes to learn the Tango.

World Wide Arts, a 15-member dance company, is three-time tango world champion and boasts of recognitions in Argentina, Cuba and Brazil. The company is led by dance director Sebastian Avendano Suarez, who has toured, imparting the tango culture throughout Europe, Latin America and the United States.

It is being introduced in Belize for the first time, stated Kordiyaka and they are hoping to reach Belizean's hearts and have success sharing the Tango culture in the country.

Tickets are being sold for $20.00 and $40.00. More information on how to access tickets can be obtained at phone number 227-2110.

The Reporter

Marty #511716 02/18/16 08:34 AM
We have our tickets in hand and can hardly wait!...... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Marty #511721 02/18/16 06:56 PM
WHERE will they perform? where to get tickets?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty #511743 02/19/16 06:37 AM
They are performing at Paradise Theater this Saturday & Sunday nights.....We picked up our tickets at Island Gear .... However I understand you can also get them from Reef Radio.... Call for more details 626-5304 I've seen a few trailers, this team looks amazing.....First half is traditional Tango and 2nd is more Acrobatic...... smile

Last edited by Judyann H.; 02/19/16 06:42 AM.

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Marty #511789 02/21/16 05:01 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

A Puro Tango in Belize City

Performance at the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts by group A Puro Tango. Friday, Feb. 19th, 2016

Marty #511819 02/21/16 09:36 PM
THIS SHOW WAS AMAZING!
There was a nice turnout. The show was good and the audience gave a standing ovation at the end.
The dancers were fantastic, the musicians very good and the singer was opera quality. The costumes were exotic. All and all it was first class!

We need more of this high quality entertainment on a regular basis; perhaps once a month. It was nice to have an excuse to get dressed up. Well, at least a dress. I meant to wear shoes but forgot to put them on.

The Paradise Theater is very nice - well tiered so that you look over the heads of the row in front of you.
I purchased 'reserved' tickets. This did not mean reserved seats, just that the lowest 8 rows were ours.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Marty #511993 02/28/16 04:59 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Puro Tango delights San Pedro audience

Taking advantage of the opportunity to dress-up a bit and make a night out of it, island residents came out to enjoy the three-time world champion tango dancers. Featuring four dance couples blessed with grace and stunning dance moves, live music and beautiful Spanish ballads performed between dances, the evening offered something for everyone.

According to event organizers, the well-attended performances were a rare cultural experience that they hope to see more of in San Pedro.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see LOTS more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 157 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.