Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#511982 02/27/16 04:31 PM
I
OP Offline
I
hi my hubby and i will be going into san pedro for the first time since becoming owners of a condo and we are staying for a month in march. can we get some advice on the best (cheapest) place to buy beer and liquor in the city? also where is the best place to get the largest and best variety of groceries? what about a meat market? and fresh veggies/fruits? any and all suggestions welcome....PLEASE!!!! we leave tuesday!

I think the Green Store on middle street on the east side has beautiful veggies. A block before the meat market.

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
D
D
Try the liqour shop in sanpedro they have the best prices also they do free delivery to ur place there contact number is 625-1912 206-2606

sanpedro
G
G
Buy your liquor at duty free, by the baggage claim at Belize International airport or your beer at Belkin distributor in San Pedro, south end of town.
As for groceries, depending where you are located, purchase supplies in town at Super Buy on Back Street and veggies and fruits directly across the street beside hardware store. If you are staying south of town there is a Super Buy just north of Banyan Bay Resort.
If you like fresh fish, try the guys on Back Street across from Caye Supplies on Tues or Wed am?
On the marina side, behind Back St, fruits and veggies can be had from the boats from the mainland, early Tues. am. Hope this helps

I
OP Offline
I
go south, what do you mean "belikin distributor" what is the name? confused. sorry. and we are actually staying north of town, and will be driving into san pedro from 3.5 miles north. so, i guess we can still go where you referred or would there be a closer place?

As stated above; purchase booze at duty free at baggage claim at the airport... The cost is double or triple that price in town. There is another thread on the forum dealing with duty free at the airport.... 4 Liters per person: ie eight bottles of booze for a couple.

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
I
OP Offline
I
gotcha on the liquor! thanks!

A few tips ....
We refer to San Pedro as the "town". If you ask about where to get things in "the city", many people will assume that you refer to Belize City.
The vegetable and specialty store Champion mentioned is called the Greenhouse.
The local beer brand is Belikin. You can buy it wholesale from the Belikin Distributor (that Is the name of the place) south of the town center. They also sell soft drinks and purified water.
There are very good prices on wine and liquor at the Beach Basket located in Grand Caribe.
Island City has a wide selection of groceries. Located near the Island Academy.
Lino's is a meat market. Most other grocery stores have coolers with meats.
Greenhouse has a good selection of meats, poultry, fish and seafood.
The other tips on shopping already posted here are very helpful too.

I
OP Offline
I
diane, you are wonderful and your suggestions are most appreciated!!! i wrote them all down!

Get rum at Travelers near the Greenhouse. Best prices in town 18.00bz for 1.75 liter of dark or white. Don't think you can find it any cheaper!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.