Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Great post by Rebecca on SanPedroScoop...

Sunday afternoon, we headed up to "the farm"�or to the entrance Cayo Frances lagoon - a huge lagoon in the center of Ambergris Caye. And one of a handful of developed properties on that whole side of the island�

Sunday was a gorgeous gorgeous day. We passed the 5 star Cayo Espanto as we looped out of the lagoon behind San Pedro town.

And then, about 10 miles north passing "Secret Beach" and the pretty pinkish sand bars, we dipped into a little cut in the mangroves�a deep channel and then shallow shallow water.

And back to a little peninsula where "the farm" is well on its way to being finished. A place for flyfishermen, people who like to relax, kayak, swim, sun, SUP and more�

The shallow water - you can see the little cut where the channel is and how shallow the little lagoon is.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

S
S
Can't wait to book for some R&R.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Cayo Frances Farm & Fly

Thirty-six miles off the coast of Belize City, Belize, lies a fly fisherman's dream destination. Cayo Frances Farm and Fly is a small fly fishing camp located on the leeward side of Ambergris Caye that works with some of the best fishing guides on the island and is stacked with paddle boards and skiffs to go explore the surrounding waters. It's owner, Jeff Spiegel, was gracious enough to house the BOTE team for a couple days and give them a preview of the camp and some epic spots on the Island.

Jeff has not always been in the hospitality business-he started out running a punk rock record label, but after years of the hustle and bustle, decided to move to Belize and teach himself how to be a chef. Now, having lived there for 14 years, Jeff decided it was time to open his own fly fishing camp and expose people to all the island has to offer. "Belize is incredibly unique-it's a tiny country with a ton of diversity. In a place like Ambergris Caye, the windward side has the beaches, the reef, and is now a bustling tourist town. The leeward side, on the other hand, has nothing. It is completely concentrated on flats fishing-Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon, and Snook-so I decided to make it the type of place that people visiting San Pedro can get away from town and fish with some of the best guides we have," says Jeff.

Jeff has been building Cayo Frances Farm and Fly now for a year and a half. The farm itself is filled with the native Chaya plant and is situated on land that 1300 years ago, more people lived on than do presently, making it rich in history. "This is pretty much the last developed property until you hit Mexico. This camp is truly one of the most unique spots in the country," explains Jeff. Not to mention the incredible food that is cooked for you throughout your stay!

Steps away from the campsite is some of the clearest water you will ever see, filled with endless fly fishing possibilities. Depending on how skinny you want to get or how far you want to travel, Jeff has the camp equipped with multiple BOTE boards and skiffs to take out. "Nothing is going to give you more freedom and better access to the waters than paddle boards," says Jeff. The BOTE team found it efficient for long distance trips, to trail a board behind the skiff, getting you out farther, but enabling you to explore skinnier and more concealed waters. With the help of Jeff's fishing guides, our team visited some of the best fishing spots Belize had to offer and did not ever leave empty handed. "The fishery here is world class but it is not easy-there are probably few places as rewarding to fish," explains Jeff.

See the rest of this article and LOTS of amazing photos on this blogpost by BOTE Paddle Boards

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Cayo Frances Farm & Fly is Officially Open! Explore the Other Side of Ambergris Caye

A new, very different business on the Leeward side of Ambergris Caye is finally open! Cayo Frances Farm and Fly.

A flyfishing, stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, S'more eating, lobster grilling, book reading camp on the BEAUTIFUL west side of Ambergris Caye. 2 cabins for guests. A bunch of Boteboard SUPs and NuCanoe kayaks - both rigged for fishing.

And a 3 acre farm. Called that because it is almost all black dirt - a rarity on this limestone and sand caye.

The first guests arrive in less than one month. For any and all information about this new serene destination, a new way to see this nation with no imitation �check out Jeff's website, Cayo Frances Farm & Fly.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

B
B
Sigh... smile

P
PDS Offline
P
Looks wonderful!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Flats Fishing: Jig off Sunken Cave

Witt joins friend and fellow fishing guide Will Flack in the pursuit of tarpon, bonefish and permit in the crystal clear waters of San Pedro, Belize.

Thirty-six miles off the coast of Belize City, Belize, lies a fly fisherman's dream destination. Cayo Frances Farm & Fly is a small fly fishing camp and vacation get-a-way. Located on Ambergris.

In this episode of The New Fly Fisher Tom Rosenbauer takes Colin McKeown to El Pescador Lodge in Belize to teach him how to fly fish for permit, bonefish and tarpon. Excellent lodge and great.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

BOTE House Belize

The best-laid plans are usually started by sketching on a napkin. When Jeff Spiegel and Corey Cooper sat down on a balmy Belizean night to discuss world peace, this was what they came up with ... the BOTE House Belize. Now, the double occupancy cabana won't solve the issue of world peace, but it is certainly a place where peace can be found. Bonefish, permit and tarpon too!

Located at Cayo Frances Farm & Fly, on the north end of Ambergris Caye in Belize, the BOTE House Belize was designed to allow anyone to come experience this unique environment and atmosphere. As well, the incredible fishing opportunities and culinary magic of Chef Spiegel. The construction of the BOTE House "was simple but not easy." All materials had to be ferried from San Pedro roughly 12 miles by boat. The furniture was hand built in San Pedro utilizing locally sourced raw materials and also delivered by boat.

The BOTE House Belize will be available for anyone to utilize. As a brand, BOTE feels that this place and the experiences and unique adventures you can find here are what it's all about. It's why we do what we do and provide the type of products we do. "We are not a board, a t-shirt, a hat ... we are BOTE."

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Interior Fly Fishing Co. is at the camp - hosting trips from chilly Canada. Super nice guys (Canadians!) who literally fish during every waking hour. Here's a look at life at Cayo Frances Farm & Fly

Bonefishing from a SUP is as Great as it Sounds

In between host weeks here in Belize my time has been spent largely behind a computer screen, but today I took a little work break and explored some of the backcountry lagoons behind Cayo Frances Farm & Fly on a stand-up paddleboard.

I went searching for juvenile Tarpon that reside just behind the lodge's property, but with the sun still quite high I decided to do a bit of exploring. Paddling into the wind can be a bit of a task, but as I came across a nice flat something caught my eye.

I was so concentrated on keeping the board moving steadily into the wind that I didn't even realize I had just spooked a school of 50 or so Bonefish. I put down my stake to anchor the board on the flat, and hoped they would circle back to where they had just been feeding.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the Interior Fly Fishing Co. Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Photos by Jordan Oelrich. Thanks to Tres Pescados Fly Shop, Cayo Frances Farm & Fly, Interior Fly Fishing Co.

Saltwater Flyfishing on Ambergris Caye

A photo gallery that I put together from a recent hosted trip to Ambergris Caye, Belize. This island is such a special part of the world to me, already looking forward to returning in 2020!!

There are few places in the world that compare to the island of Ambergris Caye. The culture, the energy, the people that go out of their way to try and make your day better, even if they've never met you. The fishing? Nothing short of absolutely world-class, and a perfect introductory destination for saltwater fly fishing.

Click photos for more pictures! There are a lot of wonderful photos on this site, not just the ones above!

REFLECTIONS on and Epic Fly Fishing Trip To Belize

REFLECTIONS / BELIZE is a look back on an amazing trip to Cayo Frances Farm and Fly in Belize also known as the Bote House. We relive the experience and show unseen footage of this amazing adventure. Many thanks go out to the staff and the owner Jeff for be such gracious hosts during our stay. There is no doubt that we will be heading back very soon!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.