Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Marty has been kind enough to post info here on his fantastic site on my new guidebook to Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Cool. You can get info and order from a link on the AmbergrisCaye.com home page or from Island Bazaar or from the site's lodging page.

The new guide rates and reviews all the hotels on the island, giving them from one to five stars ... it also covers restaurants, tours, best beaches, snorkeling and diving, and everything else I could think of. As a bonus, there's also a "miniguide" to Caye Caulker and also a section on living/retiring/buying property in Belize.

It's the first and only comprehensive visitor guidebook to Ambergris Caye.

Price is US$14.95 plus $3 S/H.

(Note: Subscribers to Belize First get this as part of their sub. If you haven't received yours yet, you should get it any day. It has a photo of Marty in it and comes in a brown paper wrapper!)

Hope you enjoy it.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
M
M
Lan;

Who published your newest book; how can they be contacted?

Can Lan's book be purchased IN San Pedro? If so, where.. I'd love to get a copy while still here.... Cheers Gail [Linked Image]

Last week, I purchased it from Amazon.com. I'm still waiting for it--Chicago mail is pretty awful. When I ordered it, I got the last copy in stock, but I just checked and it looks like they have replenished the supply.

OP Offline
Publishers of my Belize books:

Adapter Kit: Belize -- Avalon Travel Publishing (they also publish the Moon Handbooks)

Fodor's Belize & Guatemala -- Random House

San Pedro Cool -- Equator Publishing

Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize -- Equator Publishing

Belize Book of Lists -- Equator Publishing

UpClose Central America -- Random House

Equator Publishing is my company. Contact address is Equator-Asheville, 270 Beaverdam Road, Candler, NC 28715 USA

The guide will be sold at gift shops, hotels, etc. in San Pedro, but we're just now starting to set up distribution in Belize. Frankly, the cost of shipping books to Belize is a major handicap. There no longer is a book rate for international mailing, and even for surface mailing, which takes forever, shipping costs for the Mainland Guide from U.S. to Belize is US$10 per book and about US$5.50 for the smaller San Pedro guide.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
OP Offline
Should note that San Pedro Cool does include all the new telephone numbers for Ambergris Caye which are coming into effect May 1.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
I am very happy to have received my copy of San Pedro Cool. Very informative and factual, Thanks Lan.

Dare To Deviate
Just got my copy of Lan's new book - Loved it. Read it from cover to cover over the weekend - just to reminisce (sp?). Ahhhh Tanks Lan for another great Belize read!

By the Way, Marty - Nice pic of the family in there!

[This message has been edited by aqtpie2 (edited 04-29-2002).]

S
S
Just ordered it from Amazon. Should have it in about a week. Looking forward to our trip in early June.

Thanks for the help.

SB

Lan, your information is so great.....BUT you left out Mannelly's Ice Cream Shop.
GREAT ice cream, many flavors, (they have other snacks too, to eat at the shop, while the kids play video games, or to stroll up Front street eating. Just across from Lion's Club on Front Street. I think just as good as expensive Ben & Jerry's in USA.
Lan now you know my passion........LOL.

Dare To Deviate
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.