Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#51321 - 04/19/02 03:23 AM Loved our second time on AC
brentwood3336 Offline
Although it's been a while since we were on AC this year, we just had to let everyone know how much we enjoyed Banana Beach again. The staff is great, the rooms are super - clean and comfy -- and the month and a half just flew by. Hope Suzy Q (the dog) is doing ok! Just kidding.

#51322 - 04/19/02 04:07 AM Re: Loved our second time on AC
trina Offline
We are going back for our third time to Belize, second time to AC. Staying at Rubie's ....looking forward to it!

#51323 - 04/19/02 04:39 PM Re: Loved our second time on AC
sweetjane Offline
yup. third time for us too. this time trying duPlooy's in cayo and the caribe island in AC.

love it. can't wait!

#51324 - 04/19/02 05:12 PM Re: Loved our second time on AC
B_b_f_b Offline
Hey Norm, did you wrestle the alligator at Banana Beach again after we left you and Ruth. I would have paid $100 to get a picture of you doing that!!!!

#51325 - 04/19/02 06:50 PM Re: Loved our second time on AC
GetMeOuttaHere! Offline
hey Jane...when are you heading down? we leave tomorrow for banana beach for 5 days, but then doing 4 days in the jungle at duplooys!!!! can't wait....27 1/2 more hours till take-off!!!

#51326 - 04/20/02 03:21 AM Re: Loved our second time on AC
brentwood3336 Offline
Hi -- Becky-bound-for belize
Yes, I wrestled the alligator again, it was really brutal and ferocious! There was a loud and raucous crowd cheering -- I think for me.
Loved our times together -- hi to Michael

#51327 - 04/20/02 03:51 AM Re: Loved our second time on AC
sweetjane Offline
june. let me know how you liked it!

#51328 - 04/20/02 04:40 PM Re: Loved our second time on AC
Nurk Offline
Hello, all....we just returned from 16 days at Banana Beach. It was fabulous. The staff were wonderful, very accomodating and the suites were comfortable. Couldn't ask for more. Suzy Q was there, and she is healthy and happy. We had her up to our room on the 3rd floor several times....as did many other guests =^) She so reminded us of one of "our girls", that everyday we went out special just to visit her. The weather was perfect, with the winds picking up at the beginning of each week, but slowly easing off. If you like Key Lime Pie, ask at the front desk for a home made one. A local woman makes them, delivers hot from the oven (in her glass pie plate), and it is to die for. $20 US (mostly for the taxi to and from BB), but well worth it. It lasted about a week, the two of us each having a piece each night....yummmmm! Can't wait until we visit this beautiful area again some day....just loved it!

#51329 - 05/01/02 11:24 PM Re: Loved our second time on AC
GetMeOuttaHere! Offline
SweetJane: just got back from Belize and absolutely sobbed on the runway home...nver thought I could fall in love w/a country but did.
There were 3 of us girls: one HATED DuPlooy's (mostly, Mrs. DuPlooy), the other LOVED & really hit it off with Mrs DuPlooy, and I had some Catholic school/Nun-phobia stuff come up for me when dealing with Mrs. DuPlooy. However, the place is great if what you want is a truer, more raw beauty, that is to say, a lodge-type feel moreso than a resort/luxury type feel. We stayed in the "Pink House"...the best deal in the Cayo district in my opinion. The only drawback was that it was hot as a mo-fo, and they only have ceiling fans, and even they go off when the generator is shut off at 10pm.
I rode a horse, took out a canoe (paddled down to Chaa Creek Resort, which is simply the MOST GORGEOUS place I've ever seen, and the river ride down was glorious). I went on the Caving expedition (the one where you wade through the cave in water up to your waist wearing hardhats w/ flashlights -- awesome!), and did a llllooooooonnnnnngggg ride down to the ruins of Caracol. Four nights/ all my meals/ and all my activities came to $476.00 US. Not bad, eh? So I really enjoyed DuPlooy's, but I don't think it's for everyone. Chaa Creek, with it's individual villas w/thatched roofs, is much more "lifestyles of the rich & famous" and I know I would've loved staying there, except for the heartburn I would get once they gave me my bill. so that's my best, most candid feedback about DP....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and if you have further questions, I'd love to tell you more about it.
All the best -- Patricia

#51330 - 05/02/02 12:39 AM Re: Loved our second time on AC
sweetjane Offline
hmmm. i turned down chaa creek for duplooys at someone's recommendation...hope i like it. luckily, we opted for the new casita with king beds, air conditioning, and jacuzzi tub. will post back upon return.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,029 Topics
462,231 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.