Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51321 04/18/02 09:23 PM
B
OP Offline
B
Although it's been a while since we were on AC this year, we just had to let everyone know how much we enjoyed Banana Beach again. The staff is great, the rooms are super - clean and comfy -- and the month and a half just flew by. Hope Suzy Q (the dog) is doing ok! Just kidding.

T
T
We are going back for our third time to Belize, second time to AC. Staying at Rubie's ....looking forward to it!

yup. third time for us too. this time trying duPlooy's in cayo and the caribe island in AC.

love it. can't wait!

Hey Norm, did you wrestle the alligator at Banana Beach again after we left you and Ruth. I would have paid $100 to get a picture of you doing that!!!!

G
G
hey Jane...when are you heading down? we leave tomorrow for banana beach for 5 days, but then doing 4 days in the jungle at duplooys!!!! can't wait....27 1/2 more hours till take-off!!!

B
OP Offline
B
Hi -- Becky-bound-for belize
Yes, I wrestled the alligator again, it was really brutal and ferocious! There was a loud and raucous crowd cheering -- I think for me.
Loved our times together -- hi to Michael

june. let me know how you liked it!

N
N
Hello, all....we just returned from 16 days at Banana Beach. It was fabulous. The staff were wonderful, very accomodating and the suites were comfortable. Couldn't ask for more. Suzy Q was there, and she is healthy and happy. We had her up to our room on the 3rd floor several times....as did many other guests =^) She so reminded us of one of "our girls", that everyday we went out special just to visit her. The weather was perfect, with the winds picking up at the beginning of each week, but slowly easing off. If you like Key Lime Pie, ask at the front desk for a home made one. A local woman makes them, delivers hot from the oven (in her glass pie plate), and it is to die for. $20 US (mostly for the taxi to and from BB), but well worth it. It lasted about a week, the two of us each having a piece each night....yummmmm! Can't wait until we visit this beautiful area again some day....just loved it!

G
G
SweetJane: just got back from Belize and absolutely sobbed on the runway home...nver thought I could fall in love w/a country but did.
There were 3 of us girls: one HATED DuPlooy's (mostly, Mrs. DuPlooy), the other LOVED & really hit it off with Mrs DuPlooy, and I had some Catholic school/Nun-phobia stuff come up for me when dealing with Mrs. DuPlooy. However, the place is great if what you want is a truer, more raw beauty, that is to say, a lodge-type feel moreso than a resort/luxury type feel. We stayed in the "Pink House"...the best deal in the Cayo district in my opinion. The only drawback was that it was hot as a mo-fo, and they only have ceiling fans, and even they go off when the generator is shut off at 10pm.
I rode a horse, took out a canoe (paddled down to Chaa Creek Resort, which is simply the MOST GORGEOUS place I've ever seen, and the river ride down was glorious). I went on the Caving expedition (the one where you wade through the cave in water up to your waist wearing hardhats w/ flashlights -- awesome!), and did a llllooooooonnnnnngggg ride down to the ruins of Caracol. Four nights/ all my meals/ and all my activities came to $476.00 US. Not bad, eh? So I really enjoyed DuPlooy's, but I don't think it's for everyone. Chaa Creek, with it's individual villas w/thatched roofs, is much more "lifestyles of the rich & famous" and I know I would've loved staying there, except for the heartburn I would get once they gave me my bill. so that's my best, most candid feedback about DP....I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, and if you have further questions, I'd love to tell you more about it.
All the best -- Patricia

hmmm. i turned down chaa creek for duplooys at someone's recommendation...hope i like it. luckily, we opted for the new casita with king beds, air conditioning, and jacuzzi tub. will post back upon return.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 282 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.