Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Police Report
On Sunday, April 24th, around 10:40pm, the Quick Response Team (QRT) received information that a Hispanic male person with a machine gun was in the San Pedrito Area near a local bar. A patrol was immediately conducted in the area, where a person wearing a black shirt was seen standing across from the said bar. Upon reaching the area, the person ran into a yard, and police conducted a search for the male. However, his whereabouts were unknown. A further search in the area led to the discovery of a white duffle bag, which was found beside a zinc fence. The bag contained a brown in color rifle and live rounds. The bag was taken to the San Pedro Police Station for further inspection, which revealed a brown rifle with an extended magazine and 79 .243 win live rounds. The rifle, along with the live rounds, were labelled as “Found Property”.

Wolfe’s Woofer: Mail Order Bride
“Mr. Dennis, come have some beers with us,” Luis called to me. I had just walked out onto the deck at the Holiday Hotel. I went to the table where he sat with Pedrito and said, “I think I’ll stick with my coffee this morning but I will join you. How are you guys today?” “Ooh, pretty rough, boss,” Pedrito said. “We been drinking all night. I got so drunk that I drank myself sober.” “Hey, Pedro,” Luis said. “Check this out.” Two ladies at the next table had paid their bill and left a couple of Victoria’s Secret catalogs on the table. Luis handed one to Pedrito and they leafed through them. “Man, look at this,” Luis said. “I heard about them mail order brides that you can send away for. That must be what this catalog is.”

The Phoenix renovates basketball court
The Phoenix Resort embarked in another community project, revamping Boca Del Rio’s basketball court. With the help from Blue Water Grill and Canary Cove, The Phoenix staff installed two new basketball rims, refurbished the back boards, and repainted them. Local basketball players will surely benefit from these upgrades. A big thank you to these companies for their donation to San Pedro!

Doctor Love: Every Day People and Western Girl
Dear Doctor Love, We have a couple that we like a lot. My husband and I socialize with them along with several other favorite couples. We spend a lot of time having barbecues and just hanging out. We go out to dinner together often and then spend time partying in the bar afterwards. Like my husband and I they have been married for about five years. There is one thing about their company that I have always found annoying and it keeps getting worse all the time. They are always at each other and it is over the stupidest things. They do things like fight over the details in a story, they interrupt each other’s conversations and often make the rest of us uncomfortable. What can we do that will keep them as our friends but will stop them from this behavior? /s/ Every Day People

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

Fees for local businesses to export
I have been trying over the last few years to get the post office in Belize to bring down fees for local businesses to export If you can please go to my website, sign up for an account, you will receive an email from me and asking you how I can help glad you came to website etc Can you please email me back with something to the effect I would love to buy your products but the shipping is jsut too expensive or I put 75 dollars worth of stuff in my cart and it was 35 dollars to ship....etc With enough emails, I can then present this to the minster... but I need alot of emails Doing this for all the small businesses here in Belize!!! So each one will help me more than you know! Thanks Hope you are all having a great weekend!!! Love Lib and Rio

Ocean Academy Internship Program
Mr. Rico Novelo Sr. is a mentor in the Ocean Academy Internship Program and is sharing his valuable knowledge about mechanical repairs with Lorence (Form 2). Thank Mr. Novelo, for teaching and encouraging our young students.

Double Murder in Camalote
Two men murdered in Camalote have been identified as Shawn Lopez and Akeem Thimbriel. The motive for the shooting deaths is unknown.

UK-Caribbean Forum
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belize welcomes the statement of support expressed by the Foreign Ministers of the United Kingdom and the Caribbean during the 9th UK-Caribbean Forum held 28-30 April in Freeport, Bahamas for the initiative to cause the Guatemalan claim to be resolved at the ICJ. It further welcomes the pledge from the United Kingdom to continue its efforts to source funding for the OAS offices in the Adjacency Zone The Foreign Ministers also discussed matters of mutual interest between the United Kingdom and Caribbean Countries. In particular, the Ministers discussed issues such as Climate Change, De-risking and international financial rules, Trade and Investment, and alternative sources of energy. The Ministers made progress on closer cooperation on Energy, Education, and Security.

Football Federation of Belize New Executive
After 13 hours of voting the results are in. The Football Federation of Belize - FFB elected Executive, 1st VP, Marlon Kuylen (Ag. President) and Executive Members, Shane Orio and Darlene Vernon. No president was elected. After 22 rounds of voting, the vote was deadlocked for President and 2nd Vice President positions. The Elections were declared final at about 12:20 a.m. this Sunday morning. The 1st Vice President will act as President.

Double Homicide of Women
On Saturday, April 30, 2016 there was a double-murder in Santa Elena town. The victims, Daisy Miralda and Miriam Mai were in a salon in Santa Elena when a gunman went it sometime after 5:30 p.m. and fired shots. Both Miralda and Mai died at the scene.

The Reporter

Man kills girlfriend and woman who intervened, then attempts suicide
A man shot his common-law wife to death, then turned the gun on another woman who tried to save her, before turning the gun on himself. Shortly after 5:00 on Saturday evening Andy Bustillos, 31, a security guard with Anchor Security went to see his common-law-wife, Miriam Mai, 39, a cosmetologist who owned and operated Betty’s Beauty Salon in Santa Elena town, Cayo. Police say he tried to hand Mai a phone bag, which she refused to take from him and he grabbed her by the neck and reached in his pants waist where he had a gun in a holster. He shot Mai under her chin. Police say Bustillos turned on Daisy Carmita Miralda, 29, who also worked at the salon, and who tried to help Mai. Bustillos shot Miralda in the forehead and the right side of her head.

CARICOM countries strategize ways to ensure sustainable social security schemes
CARICOM countries are strategizing ways of ensuring sustainable social security schemes. Representatives of various CARICOM countries met in the Bahamas on Friday for the 27th CARICOM Heads of Social Security Meeting to explore the global trends in social security, and how these fit within the regional scope, and nationally. Bahamian Minister of Labour and National Insurance Shane Gibson said, “Caribbean nations must find their own unique method to adopt the innovative strategies in management and administration that help to improve communications with stakeholders and citizen engagement, expand benefits, improve compliance levels and strengthen their governance structures, all while ensuring the sustainability of their national insurance funds.” Gibson noted that in his country, the National Insurance Fund (NIF) has reserves of around $1.8 billion, and it plays a critical role in the Bahamian economy.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

FFB executive incomplete after 22 rounds of voting
After an unprecedented 22 rounds of voting at Saturday’s Congress in Belize City, only three of five seats on the executive of the Football Federation of Belize have been decided. We understand that Marlon Kuylen was re-elected to the executive as first vice-president, defeating […]

Ministry of Education to focus on literacy for annual showcase
Annually in May, the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports hosts the Education Showcase, a review and planning session for education in Belize at all levels. This year the focus is on literacy, as outlined in the opening address delivered by Minister of Education […]

Two women killed in beauty salon in Cayo
There was a double murder in Santa Elena, Cayo District on Saturday night of two women inside a beauty salon. According to police, 31 year old Andy Bustillos, a security guard, entered the salon and approached his common-law wife, 39 year old Miriam […]

Police News: Epileptic man believed to have drowned in creek; Farmer stabbed in fight outside Showgrounds
Belmopan police recovered the lifeless body of 33 year old Emmanuel Rivera, a Salvadoran labourer of Mile 28, Hummingbird Highway, from a creek early on Saturday morning. Family members say he went to the creek by himself to take a bath, but when he […]

International Sourcesizz

The photo essay chronicles the historic protest demonstration by Belizeans in Los Angeles in the Belizean Diaspora against the Guatemalan military aggression, invasion, and annexation of Belize's Sarstoon River and Island at the Guatemalan Consulate in Los Angeles on Saturday, April 30, 2016 organized by the Los Angeles Belizean grassroots organization, BREDAA, (Belize Rural Economic Development of Agriculture through Alliance).

• Belize, C.A., 3min. Took my GoPro Hero4 Black with me and my girlfriend to Belize this past April. The footage does not do the beauty of the country justice, but we had a blast and I had a lot of fun cutting this together.

• Belize, 10min. Trip to Cayo District and Caye Caulker in Belize 2016 - involves caving, rappelling,hiking in the jungle, snorkeling, paddling, sailing, and spending quality time with my wife and kids. All with Reggae themed music.

• BNTU AND BPP SYMBOLICALLY WALKS TOWARDS SARSTOON, 5min. Members of the Belize National Teachers Union and Belize Progressive Party powerful symbolic walk towards the Sarstoon River.

• United 739 ground service Timelapse Belize., 1.5min. Phillip Goldson International Airport Belize, Central America. Enjoy.

• Belize Cayes DJI Phantom 3 Profesional, 2min.

• Belize Mission April 2016, 4.5min. Mission to Las Flores Belmopan Belize, April 17-23, 2016.

• BELIZE gopro travel, 8min. our 10 days trip in Belize filmed by go pro 4 silver. glover's reef island caye caulker blue hole goff's caye tikal laminai san ignacio.

• Belize 2016 (Belize Marine TREC), 6min. WRHS Tropical Marine Field Study at Belize Marine TREC on Ambergris Caye, Belize.

• Belize Snorkeling, 5.5min.

• San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye Belize 2016, 6min. Our Belize vacation wrapped into 6 minutes. Thank you to the amazing people of Belize for this once in a lifetime experience.

• Shark Ray Alley Belize, 5.5min. Snorkeling Shark Ray Alley Belize April 2016.

• Whale Shark Belize April 2016, 2.7min.

• Sharks Belize April 2016, 4min.