Finally settled back home here in WI (it COLD!)and can see my desk under the piles. 9 days of AC paradise! Stayed @ Lily's - gotta love that porch. Another nice stay and the families, both @ the hotel and the restaurant next door, made it better. Very nice folks. Two of our party did spend a few nites @ Ruby's and HATED it (I know,there have been lots of good reviews but it wasn't for them) and also a nite @ Tomas Hotel (?not sure of the name?) and they say while not on the water, the rooms were nice, beds comfortable and it was quiet. We spent most every day sailing on the ElGato w/Geraldo & Justo which is a pleasure for sure. Here's my day-by-day:
Sun 10: Finally arrived - missed the grand parade (drat!) which I heard was fantastic and missed the 1st board meet (double drat!) but we are here. Ate @ Ambergris Delight. Had the shrimp cabob special w/rum punch whihc was good but others meals just okay. Lots of pizza carryouts - maybe we should have paid attention?
Mon 11: Ruby's Deli for bfast, been waiting a year for the johnny cakes. Sailed and collected lobster today - wow! Fun to sail around and check the shades. Awesome lunch of fresh lobster, conch, fish + extras - this is living! Night snorkle @ Hol Chan later. What an experience and if you can try this, GO FOR IT! Justo is a great guide, as usual, and besides many other things, I got to see the octopus I'd hoped for. Also we saw 2 HUGE lobsters - biggest I've seen. Had nachos/Belikins for late dinner @ Cannibal's. Quite yummy! Listened (only from the beach)to Barefoot & Cat 7 @ Fido's, they sounded great tho.
Tues 12: Sail to Caye Caulker today w/snorkle stops @ Hol Chan & Shark/Ray Alley. The rays are so cool!. I never tire of that thrill. Spotted a big gr moray, watched hogfish change their camo colors and even spotted 2 lemon sharks. Cloudy in AM but sunny after. Real nice day! Carnaval festivities on tap for the nite - what a blast! The 2 of us who went out ended up paint from hair to shoes. The men were in costume also tonite w/dancing, singing and music. Lots of smiles & laughs & Belikins Ate @ the vendors, my personal fav. The rest of the group had gone to Los Cocos, the whole fish was the unanimous choice. (While @ the square we did see Sexy Eddie dancing, oh my! nuff said there.)
Wed 13: Cloudy again, guess a front has moved from Mex area, but no matter it's still nice. Sailed N to Tres Cocos area. Nice snorkle spot, lots of fishes and in groups. Very pretty. While we snorkled our dinner was being gathered for our beach BBQ later @ Lily's porch. When we got back to the dock, 3 of us decided to snorkle the piers looking for seahorses. No luck on them but we did see 2 BIG puffers. Dinner was fabulous!! What a feast!
Thur 14: Spent the AM today w/ a cart from Cholo's. Needed to go to the distributor and wanted to tour S end of island. Very nice down this way. Had late bfast/early lunch @ Waragumas - fish burritos were great. Had a nice visit w/the owners while we were waiting. Sure are lots of nice folks here in SP (of course I knew this already). 2 of our group off to home today via Mex. Sailed in afternoon to a spot off the reef down near Royal Palms. Lots of smaller fish, lots of action in the coral. ICe cream for dinner - boy I LOVE vacation! Some ate @ the square- there is a man there w/a cart near the church. He has the best beef tacos, his hot sauce is awesome!

part 2 to follow...