Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#51472 - 03/11/02 11:51 PM Our Trip Report - March 2002
Gaelen Offline
Hi everybody! Well we just got back from our trip so I've posted the obligatory trip report, with info about the tours we took, where we ate, Banana Beach construction, currency, the weather, and everything else I could think of! It's here: http://home.attbi.com/~gaelen/tripreport.htm
Also, we have our pictures etc. posted here: http://www.geocities.com/gaelenmag2.
I hope my experience is helpful to anybody visiting this board -- I know everybody else's trip reports were invaluable to me! Thanks again for all the great info!

#51473 - 03/12/02 02:20 AM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
trina Offline
Gaelen...loved your trip report!! We too loved Mango's and Fido's. I too sympathize about screaming kids poolside. It can ruin a romantic moment, you're right. The funny thing is, we thought that AC/San Pedro was not as developed as we thought it would be. We thought it was going to be like Cancun, but were pleasantly surprised. You're right though, it will probably get more developed as years go by...sigh! We first went to CAye caulker, but it was too darn hot (many trees had been knocked down from hurricane, and you couldn't find ANY shade!) Also, we couldn't find any decent accomodations in our price range. On AC, we stayed at Ruby''s and LOVED IT! And the folks we met there and at Mango's were awesome! Yes, I agree about the dogs; it was even worse on the mainland. I guess my point is that whether you enjoy a particular place is so much based on luck...who you meet, luck with accomodations, weather, etc. We would definelty go back in a heartbeat!

#51474 - 03/12/02 09:55 AM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
NYgal Offline
Thanks for a good, honest trip report. Your pictures tell a good story as well.

#51475 - 03/12/02 01:15 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
Gaelen Offline
Thanks! I guess everybody is looking at my pics at once, Geocities is erroring out due to a high data transfer rate!
If you get the error message just try again later... I think it resets every hour. Sorry it's so screwy. Glad the notes were helpful!

#51476 - 03/12/02 01:16 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
Seaislegal Offline
I cant access the photo page, it comes up and says it doesnt exist on Geocities.

Andrea in Atlanta

#51477 - 03/12/02 01:46 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
sscubabob Offline
I looked at the first several photos and knew immediately that you stayed in the same Banana Beach room we did. The photos are remarkably the same. Did you have a little yellow bird that would come stand on the portch? I fed it crackers every day and by the time we left it woudl come and look at me as I sat just a few feet away.

#51478 - 03/12/02 02:32 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
Sammie Offline
Does Banana Beach rake their seagrass? We're going to AC for the first time in May and I'm a beach lover, so I'd hate to have to wear noseplugs Also--a silly question--do they have hammocks at BB?

#51479 - 03/12/02 02:49 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
Bobber Offline
Y,know, now that you mentioned the seagrass, it does bring to mind that whatever has ever washed up that I have seen does not have that overpowering odor some may be familiar with. I don't think it has any odor at all.
Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt

#51480 - 03/12/02 03:12 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
B_b_f_b Offline
Banana Beach does NOT have hammocks. They have wonderful views though and great accomodations.

Banana Beach DOES have wonderful service. People who treat you very well. Yes they have some construction. What hotel goes out of their way to mention that they are upgrading their hotel via construction.

In response to Gaelen: I'm sorry but give a little credit to Banana Beach. I know for a fact also that most hotels also offer a place for you to leave your things during the time you have to wait, that's the norm. The norm is also to have people leave the room at checkout time so that people like myself don't have to wait around for their wonderful staff to clean up. I know that you liked Banana Beach but be a little reasonable. Tim, the manager there, does everything he can to accomodate me. I respect the rest of your trip report though and it sounds like you had a great time.

#51481 - 03/12/02 04:25 PM Re: Our Trip Report - March 2002
Gaelen Offline
Sorry for errors on the main picture site... I didn't expect so many hits! Here is a mirror site, you can view it here:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (wade the gringo, Shyboy, Marty, 1 invisible), 50 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,636 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,724 Topics
461,271 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.