Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#515918 - 07/12/16 08:27 PM ACP Chester Williams resigning?
Marty Online   happy

It would seem that ACP Chester Williams intends to resign his post with the police department in order to pursue a career practicing law. This is according to a post seen earlier on his facebook page. News 5 reporters have been trying to get in touch with the top cop and those around him for confirmation.

We'll have more on this story in tonight's newscast.

"To those who want to blame the Police Department for the crime problem, I say that policing cannot irradiate crime and neither can it solve social ills. Secondly the crime situation we are faced with currently is a result of decades parental failure coupled with the failure of some institutions that are obligated to help young people. It took us decades to get at this stage but yet some expect us to fix the problem overnight. As a police department we have been doing a lot for the youths. Some offers aggressive style policing to fix the problem, but the truth is can aggressive policing adequately address the problem? I say no. This is not a situation we can aggressively police our way out of as to do so will make the situation like an incurable malignant tumor. In light of this I am delighted to see that a number of experts have emerged and are speaking out on the issue of crime and violence. In light of this I have decided to step aside and leave this type of work for the experts and will be going into the practice of law. It was a gratifying experience to have been able to touch the lives of many of these youths. I would hope that the experts would approached them with the same degree of love and compassion because how we treat these young people will determine the end results."

#515923 - 07/13/16 10:35 AM Re: ACP Chester Williams resigning? [Re: Marty]
Marty Online   happy

“SIKE!”: Chester’s Fake Facebook Farewell

In the past few weeks fans of the evening news, have seen the many faces of ACP Chester Williams, from fatalistic, to exasperated, to downright "glassy"...indeed, he is a man under pressure - not just from the criminal element on the Southside, but also from his own department, who he says isn't giving him enough materiel and manpower to truly hold down crime on the southside.

And this afternoon around 2:00, if you heard something snap, it was Chester, the supercop, super frustrated. He threw up a facebook post saying, quote, "I am delighted to see that a number of experts have emerged and are speaking out on the issue of crime and violence. In light of this I have decided to step aside and leave this type of work for the experts and will be going into the practice of law…." Ok, so…he's a lawyer, right..? And going into the practice of law, well that can only mean private law practice, right.

Wrong!

When we spoke to Williams about the deliberately vague post, he said as a policeman he practices the law everyday. Long story short, he isn't going anywhere and Williams said as much in a subsequent post, quote, "I just want to say that my post never alluded to the fact that I was resigning from the Police Department."

But what he is doing is taking a break from organizing the social programs such as family days that he has become well known for. Williams says ongoing initiatives such as the inter-neighborhood basketball tournament will continue.

In fact, we get the sense that everything will continue, but it's just one more swipe at those who have recently been critical of police peace-making efforts.

Of course, that's just a part of the frustration, since we know that Williams is under his own pressures in the police department where the relationship with his northside counterpart, ACP Dezeree Phillips is badly frayed.

Channel 7

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil’ Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
5 registered (ron, Marty, dabunk, 2 invisible), 44 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,079 Topics
462,375 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.