Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
sharri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hey again from Iowa City. FOUR WEEKS FROM THIS TUESDAY we'll be at Banana Beach!!!! Can not wait! My husband was wondering if there is any need for travel insurance while on this trip? Don't expect any problems. Will be checking to see if our health ins. covers us while gone. Does everyone set up their tours(diving, ruins, cave-tubing, etc.) before arrival or right after you get there? Looks like a lot of great things to do and sounds like we'll be meeting some fun people---both locals and those from the board! See you soon! Sharri

S
S
when we were there recently we just arranged tours while we were there......did two trips with searious adventures and were pleased with both they have ashop on the beach not far from the water taxi terminal

Hi sharri,
Your question about travel insurance I'm not sure if I can help. We are in our mid 30's (OK, OK,... late 40's smile) We have traveled a bunch and have never purchased travel insurance, and have never ever had a problem. I guess it just depends on what YOU think is best.
I agree with Scott about booking tours when you get there. (even a few days after you get there) It's nice and relaxing to get a feel of the Island, and chat with others there to see what tour or company might work best for you. Then BOOK IT!
Have fun!
Sincerely,
Hope

I do purchase travel insurance when traveling to Belize. Gives me peace of mind. Also the hotels charge for your full stay if you have to cancel after the thirty days before your arrival. OUCH
I like to know if medical air lift is needed it is covered. Air fare is high and those tickets are paid for so far in advance. Plus lost luggage, delays and such.
I concern myself with things can happen at home, forcing you to cancel, more than I worry about things happening once in Belize.

Dare To Deviate
it was woth the $75 for ease of mind, like chloe. you never know, is all. we have never had a problem, either.

that said, it hurricaned the day of debbie's flight last year. she was delayed by over 24 hours, lost the flight & the paid room for that time.

using her travel insurance, she recooped all she lost. i'm sure she will tell you in greater detail than i can.

so, you decide.

J
J
Sweetjane,

Where did you get insurance for $75? Does it cover "family emergencies" such as elderly parents with a health emergency? Or just weather and plane delays?

i used Travel Guard International, phone # 715 345 0505 my premium was $305. for December trip 2001, covering 5 people.
Visit website www.TravelGuard.com
I have not looked at the site, just copying from paperwork.

[This message has been edited by Chloe (edited 03-16-2002).]

Dare To Deviate
it was thru my travel agent, but wait, i htink i have the brochure still....

i am so good sometimes, i scare myself. it was "access america" 800-284-8300

it was $73 and covers medical up to $10,000 plus medical transport per person

oh, it was $73 for the two of us together.

K
K
Since I started to work in the travel business 6 years ago, I decided I would never travel again without insurance... Most people never use it but if you have a serious problem, you will be so glad you bought it... People always tell me : we are in good health and dont expect anything to go wrong. Well that is why insurance is there : for the unexpected ! But at the end, it is your decision to make...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.