Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: August 2, 2016

General Situation:
Belize NMS: An approaching strong and fast-moving tropical wave that has the potential of strengthening into a tropical depression or tropical storm will support a gradual deterioration in weather conditions over our area.
Advisories: *Small craft caution for gusty winds and occasionally rough seas near showers and thunderstorms. Residents should remain vigilant and closely monitor the advisories issued by nemo on the strong tropical wave over the Central Caribbean. *
24-hour forecast: Cloudy at times today with a few showers and thunderstorms mainly over northern and coastal areas this morning and mainly inland this afternoon. Partly cloudy tonight and sunny with cloudy spells tomorrow. Showers and thunderstorms will be generally isolated, except for a few more mainly over the south tonight, and then mainly over inland areas tomorrow afternoon.
Winds: North-northwest this morning, becoming northeast at 5-15 knots this afternoon with higher gusts near showers and thunderstorms.
Marine Forecast:
Today: Winds: N-NW becmg NE 5-15 kts with occnl higher gusts.; seas: Choppy, but locally rough at times.; waves: 3-7 ft.; a few morning showers and thunderstorms mainly north.
Tomorrow: Winds: NE 20-30 kts with occnl higher gusts.; seas: Very rough.; waves: 6-9 ft.; squally conditions with frequent outbreaks of showers and thunderstorms.
Marine Outlook: Wednesday night:- Winds: E-SE 20-30 kts with occnl higher gusts.; seas: Very rough.; waves: 6-9 ft.; squally conditions with frequent outbreaks of showers and thunderstorms.
Sea Surface Temp (°F): 84
General Outlook: For Wednesday and Wednesday night is for squally conditions with frequent outbreaks of showers and thunderstorms over most areas of the country.
Tropical Weather Outlook: A strong and fast moving tropical wave over the Central Caribbean Sea remains well organized. This system has the potential of becoming a tropical depression or a tropical storm within the next 6-12 hours as it continues to move westward. Residents in Belize are advised to remain alert and to monitor the advisories being issued by the National Emergency Management Organization on this system.

Click for our daily Tropical Weather Report

Weekly AgroMet Weather Update and Outlook & NOAA Outlook for Central America

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro

Current Caye Caulker Weather Information

Belize Hydrological & Flooding Information

Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

Windfinder forecast for Ambergris Caye & San Pedro

High Low
Coastal 32° C
89° F
26° C
78° F
Inland 35° C
95° F
22° C
72° F
Hills 26° C
79° F
19° C
67° F
TIDES:
High - 9:20 AM Low - 4:13 PM
High - 10:37 PM Low - 3:43 AM (WED.)
Sunrise - 5:33 AM Moonset - 6:21 PM
Sunset - 6:25 PM Moonrise - 6:12 AM (WED.)

CLICK here and here for detailed local weather data

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

M
M
Marty,

My family and I are supposed to fly out from Dallas Tx around 1:00PM today and arrive in Belize City at 3:45. We have a hotel in Belize City for one night and then we are supposed to go to Ambergris Caye for a Week. I am trying to determine if we should cancel or not. I do not know anyone in Belize, but I saw your posts so I figured I'd ask you what your thoughts are. of course the big fear is getting stuck somewhere with out a place to stay.

Please let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Max

[Linked Image]
On Ambergris Caye this morning the sea is flat calm and breeze is from the North at 2 mph. Our expected high is 89.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Max, I would come on in. At this point it looks like it arrives as a tropical storm (not at the level of a hurricane) Wednesday afternoon or evening.... if this turns out to be correct, it shouldn't be a big problem...

M
M
Marty,

Thanks for the information. So if we come on over, I would guess I should plan on staying another night in Belize City and try to go out to the Cayes on Thursday? what kind of aftermath do you think there will be on the island? Should we be able to get out there and do you think it will be pretty close to "business as Usual"

thanks

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Right now i would guess business as usual. Things can change, but I would stick with your original plan at this point... and you are very welcome! Keep an eye on things, but the situation should clarify as the days go by...

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

From Belmopan...

What is this thing. ! It has been zig zagging across the Caribbean, still only classified as INVEST 97L. Each night it reforms into an intense circular area, but forming in general clear weather, between two other previously active areas, it is that which makes it look like zig zag track. Its wind speed has not increased over the last two days. It is looking more like a collection of ITCZ swell-ups working together. I believe their official words are a Tropical wave, that is an area of ITCZ activity.

Meanwhile there is air and cloud coming down from Florida, into the Gulf, over Yucatan & Belize, which has been causing us overcast conditions and some rain over night, most of which has now dried up, but not all of it. Looks like some of this Invest 97 activity is being caused by the NE winds from Florida. Perhaps that is preventing it from developing into a Tropical Storm. What ever, it is pushing out cloud ahead of it. So that, clashing with the NE cloud might cause some more rain showers over Belize this evening.

Looks like today will be a mixture of cloud and some sunshine, with a chance of occasional rain.

Temperatures in Belmopan:
Today is probably going to be similar, to yesterday : Mon, max. 32°C 90°F Last night min. 26°C 80°F ( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler )

Ambergris Caye:
https://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:BHXX0104;loctype:1
Belmopan:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=MD1029#history
Caye Caulker:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBELIZED2#history

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

For the latest on Tropical Storm Earl, click here

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.