Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#517466 09/11/16 08:08 PM
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Coming for an extended visit next winter and we ranch here in Montana. Would like to bring some frozen beef to keep hubby happy for a little longer! Anyone know steps to this?

TIA!!

buktoff #517470 09/12/16 05:10 AM
The best place to start is with BAHA http://www.baha.org.bz/ . They deal with all agricultural imports. I don't think it's a difficult process, but it's best to follow the rules so you don't lose it. They are very helpful.

B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
thank you!! No, we don't want to lose it!!

buktoff #517789 09/24/16 08:43 AM
K
K
they have beef there

katzgar #517956 10/02/16 12:45 PM
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Not same as Montana rancher eats. Would be like eating fresh seafood in Montana! We eat local food when there, but at extended stay trying keep peace with hubby! And want share with our local friends there what we do here.

buktoff #517959 10/02/16 02:21 PM
You'd be surprised (or maybe not). There are some excellent cattle ranches in Belize and the beef we get here we would pay outrageous amounts for in the UK. To be able to get grass fed, naturally reared beef with providence was a valuable and appreciated thing in the UK. Now we can buy our beef directly from the farmer. As long as you're not cheap about the cuts you purchase and know how to cook it, it far outshines any beef I've had in the USA in restaurants, which simply doesn't have the flavour I prefer. In all fairness, I've never had grass reared beef from small farmers in the USA, so I could possibly be converted. I do know it's a subjective thing and each to his/her own. If you love your own stuff that much, then by all means, bring it along! If you do want to try some excellent beef here, order some tenderloin from Running W on the mainland.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

collyk #517961 10/02/16 09:28 PM
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We stay on the islands. Not our typical beef for sure. Of course we tried...and if it kept the hubby happy I'd not be looking for extra hoops jump through!! Like I said be like seafood in Montana! And yes, most restaurants don't have what sits in my freezer. Benefit of the long days, remote living etc

Last edited by buktoff; 10/02/16 09:29 PM.
buktoff #517966 10/03/16 05:55 AM
I live on Ambergris Caye and purchase my meat on the mainland so that I can purchase it from source. My chicken meat comes from free range farms and I just cooked a most fabulous piece of pork yesterday that came from a pig, who had a name, an amazing life and who was killed quickly and humanely. It's how I roll wink

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

buktoff #517972 10/03/16 08:08 AM
collyk is correct on all accounts with regard to the beef here.....And our other meats, we get the best Pork I've found anywhere and choosing the proper cuts of Beef with good cooking methods can make it better here......Our Tri Tip and Boneless Rib Eye is perfectly marinated and then cooked on a Lava Rock Charbroiler......Many say it's better than the US cuts because it is leaner......I like because it is healthier...... we also work with Mainland Farmers and order when properly aged......If you are coming to Ambergris Caye there are a couple of great restaurants that know how to properly prepare beef here, in addition you can send me a private note and I can help you order the 'good stuff' from the mainland...... PS: we have a couple of pretty great Montana 'good ole boys' who enjoy the beef here as they spend months at a time on the island.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
will definitely send you a message!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 289 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.