FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Tropic Air Gives Back to Liberty Children's Home
Tropic Air, The Airline of Belize, has announced the August results of its 2016 nationwide #TropicGivesBack charitable fundraising campaign. For every ticket bought at the month's selected station, $1 is donated to an organization chosen by our staff stationed in that community. August was the chosen month for Belize City Municipal Airport. Even with the effects of Hurricane Earl, Tropic Air business partners, staff and Customers joined efforts and raised $635 for the Liberty Children's Home in Ladyville. A check was presented to Agatha Valentine of the organization by station manager Rudolph Perez, and staff member Francis Trujeque, on Wednesday, September14th.

Wolfe's Woofer: The Boss of the House
"Hey, Mr. Dennis. Could you do me one favor?" "Sure, Mario," I said. "What do you need?" "My wife is having one of those parties for her friends today. I always seem to do something that makes her mad when she has these parties. I want you to come visit me. We'll sit on the porch and talk and maybe I don't do nothing to vex her." "I don't know, Mario. Your wife has a mighty sharp tongue," I said. "I don't want her angry at me." "Oh, don't worry about that. I'm the boss in my house." At the party Mario and I were sitting on the porch when his wife called him. "Mario! Bring that cake from the kitchen table!" 'I'll be right back," he said to me. A minute later I heard a lot of female voices squealing and shouting from the living room." "Mario! Idiota! You dropped the cake," his wife yelled. "You go into that hall closet and stay there until the party is over." "Si, mi amor."

Police Report - Found Drugs
On Friday, September 9th, acting on information received, a joint team of the Criminal Investigative Branch and San Pedro Police conducted a search near the residence of a known drug dealer in the Bayside Area, San Pedro Town. The search was conducted behind the residence in the lagoon area, and led to the discovery of a small paint bucket containing a parcel wrapped in plastic with (512) grams of Cannabis (Hydro). No one was found in the area and the drugs were labeled and deposited as 'Found Property'

Doctor Love: Still Crazy
Dear Doctor Love, When I was twenty-one I was crazy about my first real love. We were together for a year and a half when I went through a hard time at work and lost my job. I started getting crazy jealous and suspicious for no reason and she eventually left. That was ten years ago. I think of her all of the time. I found her on Facebook and learned that she is in Los Angeles in the U.S. Her profile says she is single. A Belizean friend in L.A. says he runs into her at every festival held by the LA/Belizean Association. He called and said that he saw her and that she is planning to go to the Gilharry 7 concert for the Belizean Independence Day celebration. I am dying to get in touch with her so I can apologize and try to make things right. I thought of contacting her on Facebook but I feel like it would be easier for her to just ignore me. Should I just contact her that way? I got this wild idea that if I went to LA for the concert I can find her there. Right now I am planning to be in Los Angeles for the concert. Am I fool for doing this? Please advise me. /s/ Still Crazy

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

Today is National Service Day
National Service Day honors the memory of the Rt. Hon. George Price.

Belize teachers to stage mass protest today
The Belize National Teachers Union (BNTU) has announced plans for a mass demonstration today, even as the government assured parents that all schools will be opened. The Ministry of Education, in a statement, informed parents, teachers and students that in compliance with the education rules, managing authorities will take necessary measures to make certain that schools and institutions are kept open for classes today The BNTU said it has asked its membership to wear signature green T-shirts as part of the 'Stand Up For Belize' solidarity campaign on matters of urgent national importance. BTNU President Luke Palacio said his union would not be joining other trade unions, including the Public Service Union and Association of Public Service Senior Managers, for talks with Prime Minister Dean Barrow on Friday.

Letter: Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition - the classic case of a bankrupt entity
The Belize Progressive Party (BPP) is "The New Political and Social Consciousness" of Belize. That is evidenced via our fresh approach toward not only pointing out the issues, but more importantly, providing viable solutions. Neither side of the PUPD non-divide can make such a principled claim. Bearing this in mind, we realise that although we are focused on solutions, there are occasions when we must clearly identify for the Belizean public, just how futile it is for you to place your hope in any of the two political albatrosses that continue to pick away at the carcass of what was known as Belize's economy. A case in point involves the recent article entitled, "Free-Fall Recession", that was listed as being "contributed" to a column presented by Gee Michael Reid in the 18th September 2016 edition of the opposition's mouthpiece, The Belize Times.

Belize School of Outdoor Leadership Training
Would like to congratulate all 13 students who completed their Cave and Swiftwater Rescue course over the weekend. BSOLT is very proud of you all. Great Job all. Thanks to our members who attended and assisted in making this training successful.

Belize Fishing Report, Sept. 4th - Sept 10th, 2016
Congratulations to John for a Grand Slam to start off the week! He was on cloud nine never even dreaming this may be possible for him. Wohooo! Our friend Hugh was able to soft slam (we count that over a whole week), day one he got his first bonefish, day 3 his fist permit and day 4 a tarpon. Greg from NRA Outdoors landed a permit , bonefish and tarpon during his stay with us ( returning after a visit eight years ago.)

One of the best experiences...ever
hanks to Philip Balderamos, Roni Martinez (our Birding gurus) the awesome ladies from Belize Audubon - Dominique Lizama, Dareece Chuc and countless others at the various destinations we travelled to. But most of all I thank all the participants who selflessly helped each other along the way to make sure we all advanced together.

Great thanks to Belize Audubon Society
5 weeks of intense, technical, ornithological training with some of Belize's top names in birding, to get everyone on a regional level. Its been a roller coaster of emotions, sacrifices and joys. Worth every single minute of it. This course will not likely be repeated again anytime soon, so, im just glad this was all done by Belizeans and for Belizeans. Birders from abroad can now come to this country and enjoy not only the birds, but also pleasant guides with a legitimate passion for conservation and deep knowledge of the birds of Belize. Congrats birders, I am truly proud of you!

Belize Screen on the Green - Dangriga
Please joing us for the Belize Screen on the Green in Dangriga! We will be featuring the movie "Sarafina. " The movie is free and open to the public. Thursday, September 29 at 6 PM - 9 PM, Circle of the Drums - Dangriga

Belize Screen on the Green - October
Belize Screen on the Green is featuring the move "Little Shop of Horros" for October! Bring the family and enjoy this classic. As always, movie starts at dark and popcorn and refreshments will be served for free (while they last). See you there! clock Thursday, October 13 at 6 PM - 9 PM, Governor General Field Ring Road, Belmopan, Belize

The Reporter

Police constable reportedly attacked during carnival; fires warning shot on Princess Margaret Drive
A police constable reportedly had to fire a warning shot from his licensed handgun during the carnival parade on Saturday when he came under attack by a group of men. Police say that at around 5:20 p.m., on Saturday, they were summoned to a location on Princess Margaret Drive where PC Kris Staine, who is attached to Eastern Division South, reported that while he was watching the carnival parade near Nazarene high school, "unknown persons" threw several bottles at him. Staine said he drew his licensed 9 millimeter pistol and fired a warning shot in the air. This triggered a panic and the crowd ran for cover, assuming that they were in the midst of gun violence.

Churches appeal CJ's ruling on Section 53
Twenty-one days and on the final day open to appeal Chief Justice Kenneth Benjamin's ruling in favour of the LGBT community on Section 53, the Churches filed their appeal. Pastor Lance Lewis, president of the National Evangelical Association of Belize (NEAB), explained that the application was filed by himself and Pastor Scott Stirm on behalf of the Churches that are part of the Association. He said the Association is seeking permission to join in the appeal because it was not previously a listed interested party. The Roman Catholic church has also filed its appeal and that is an appeal of the full ruling, which also includes that adults can now engage in sexual activity that are not confined to conventional practices; and that sexual orientation can now be defined as sex.

Teachers plan to demonstrate, despite meeting with PM Friday
Teachers plan to demonstrate on Monday, despite a meeting between their national leadership and Prime Minister Dean Barrow, who offered an additional proposal to them to abort the protest. The teachers, represented by their union, the Belize National Teachers' Union ((BNTU) refuse to agree with the government to defer payment of their salary increase until next year on government's reason that Hurricane Earl has brought with it unexpected expenses that make meeting that payment impossible at this time. Barrow explained to reporters after the meetings that the session was useful and constructive. "There is a proposal government has offered as a way of trying to break the stalemate where two unions have voted one way and the BNTU have voted the next. The BNTU has promised to take that proposal back to its membership and give us a response as soon as they've been able to consult and that's where things now are," Barrow explained.

The Belize Times

BNTU TO PM - GODWIN HAFTO ROLL! - Unions Mobilize for Industrial Action
The powerful Belize National Teachers Union, after consultations, is preparing to mobilize in a massive protest against corruption in Government. The Belize Times has been able to confirm with the BNTU that a letter has been sent to Prime Minister Barrow in which the Union provides a list of demands. Prominent on that list, and critical to the future of the GOB/BNTU relationship is a request that Senator Godwin Hulse recuse himself from any matters in the Senate involving the proposed Senate Inquiry into the Auditor-General reports. BNTU President Luke Palacio told the Belize Times this afternoon that it would be impossible to have an impartial, fair and effective Inquiry if Senator Hulse is involved in any way. We have been informed that the letter to the Prime Minister goes further than that to call for the removal of Senator Hulse as Minister of Police, a position he recently assumed after disgraced Minister John Saldivar was removed in the wake of the William Mason scandal. That demand from the BNTU is one which has been voiced repeatedly by the People's United Party, the Social Partners and other individuals and entities who have banded together to demand a REAL Senate Inquiry free from political interference or manipulation.

Cocaine, Connections & Corruption
CEO in the Ministry of Police Ret'd Colonel George Lovell has confirmed to the Belize Times that he has directed Commissioner of Police Allen Whylie to commence an immediate investigation into appalling allegations being made in the now sensational Pakeman case. Likewise, an investigation has been ordered at the National Forensic Science Service which handled the specimens in question and produced lab reports both for Dorian Pakeman, head of the Belize Press Office and RTA victim Dean Dawson. That investigation has become absolutely necessary only because five months after the accident, just two weeks ago, the media has learned that a lab report confirming that Pakeman had cocaine in his system the night of the accident was mysteriously "disappeared." It was received by Ladyville Police, but curiously when the DPP was given the file to for her decision on whether to charge Pakeman, the only lab report she received was one which confirmed that Pakeman had no alcohol in his system. The Belize Times has since learned that ACP Broaster, Rural Eastern Division Commander in whose jurisdiction the accident happened, is claiming that he sent a Police Officer to the DPP with that particular lab report but somehow it got lost.

BARROW 'BACKER-UP" QUICK, FAST AND HURRY!
The Prime Minister of Belize has been forced to bend and bow under tremendous, sustained pressure from the People's United Party, social partners and many other Belizeans who have taken a stance against corruption. Last week thousands of Belizeans took to the streets, on a weekday, and marched to show Dean Oliver that the people are fed up of the unchecked raping of our systems by his Ministers and cronies given almost unlimited power by the UDP. Since that march and pressure from all corners, Mr. Barrow has been forced to "backer-up" in a hurry or be moved out the way by the power of the people. Following a regular meeting of his Cabinet on Tuesday, September 13, 2016, a release from the government of Belize informed the nation that Cabinet will support a Senate Select Committee rather than the unconstitutional Joint Select Committee Mr. Barrow had tried to push down the throats of Belizeans. The Prime Minister seems to have fallen down that proverbial rabbit hole into a wonderland where he feels that it is the Cabinet which decides when and if and how corruption in that same Cabinet should be investigated.

THINK ABOUT IT
Dean Barrow has run the country as a tin-horn tyrant. It is a one-man government that has served him, his family and cronies well, but has ruined the young nation of Belize. For those who thought the Said Musa government was a disappointment, multiply that twelve time twelve and you have the biggest disappointment of all. Since becoming Prime Minister Mr. Barrow has produced not one single reform in the vast public service which is the engine that performs the government's work. The Customs Department is more corrupt than eight years ago. Worse so is the Ministry of Lands, thoroughly infested and rotten to the core. The Immigration Department, always a hustlers' paradise, has become a den of thieves for Ministries and an assortment of crooks. The Police Department is no more. It has morphed into little fiefdoms of over a dozen sections, all breaking the law and subservient to politicians and drug lords.

The Winds of Change
There was a time when Mr. Barrow would have been able to spin manure into gold where the follies of his administration are concerned. As has happened in so many scandals in the past, the Prime Minister would let loose with meticulously rehearsed rhetorical flourishes and gestures, spinning and spinning until wrongs became right and outrage became confusion and then acceptance. There were times when more than a carefully crafted spin became necessary and then suave, sophisticated Barrow morphed into bully Barrow. This was the man then who would state in no uncertain terms that it was his way or the highway - no dissension allowed, end of story. It was a different approach, but no less effective. Just ask the unions who were told that they missed the boat where any oversight into the spending of Petrocaribe monies was concerned. That boat never came back for them.

Peyrefitte Scandals Himself
The bombastic and crude Michael Peyrefitte who Prime Minister Barrow made a Speaker of the House of Representatives has made a spectacle of himself once again. Peyrefitte is the subject and object of some of the worst insults and scornful treatment on Facebook. His blunder and heavy-handed behaviour in the House of Representatives in over-reacting to Hon. Julius Espat have not improved his image. He is the worst Speaker to have held such a position. Peyrefitte's name is in the Auditor's General's Report on the Immigration Department. The Report says he signed an application form which he was not authorized to sign. He took to Channel 7 to lambast the Auditor-General and the Report. He even followed up his outburst with a letter threatening to sue the Auditor-General for "defaming and smearing his character." Tsk! Tsk!

SINGLE MOTHER WITH DIVERSE ABILITY GETS RUN-AROUND AFTER DAMAGE CAUSED BY HURRICANE EARL
By Gilroy Usher, Sr. When will the National Emergency Manage-ment Organization (NEMO), Prime Minister Dean Barrow and Anthony "Boots" Martinez - Area Representative for Port Loyola raise the house of Miss Marva Hamilton which fell off its post due to Hurricane Earl? Miss Hamilton is a single mother with diverse ability. Due to problems with her sight she has to walk with the aid of a stick. Her home is a small, yellow, wooden house on Custard Apple St. which is just a stone's throw from the office of "Boots" Martinez in Port Loyola. Due to the hurricane Miss Hamilton's house is almost 45 degrees to the ground which makes it unsuitable for living.

On Morality, the 'Morality Commission' & Kleptocracy
By: Norris Hall. Belize is not a theocracy. It is a democracy, or it should be. The government has a responsibility to be all things to ALL people. The Prime Minister, in an act of desperation, has bowed under pressure to create a "Morality Commission" under the Chairmanship of one of the most amoral (by church standards) government officials, the Deputy Prime Minister. That is the first farce. Outside of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights, outside of Chapter Two of the Belize Constitution, and outside of the laws of Belize and the challenge to those laws, no church, none, has the right to even try to calibrate my moral compass. If this is allowed to happen then the Church and the "Morality Commission" will soon be able to tell me that I MUST go to church, which church I must attend and which God I must worship. This is wrong. Very wrong!

UNITED AGAINST CORRUPTION
Submitted By: Eduardo Santos. Corruption, in one form or another, is a worldwide phenomenon. But everyone admits that corruption is something ugly, immoral and detestable. Unfortunately, in our country, corruption has become a part of life. It has entered the very roots of our society. Corruption, nepotism and dishonesty have tarnished the very fabric of our social life. Our ministers are corrupt, our officers are corrupt and may of our people are corrupt. Even our anti-corruption departments fall as easy prey to the vilest of the corrupt persons and they let them go scot free after minor punishment. The law of the land is too weak to deal with the corrupt elements with an iron fist. The vested interests rule the roost. Everybody feels helpless in such a state of affairs. Some people have even started talking of the nationalization of corruption in the country. They argue that we should frankly admit that we are a corrupt nation and that we cannot do without it. It is a matter of shame and regret for all those who care to hear the call of their conscience. One feels like crying out with Shakespeare.

THINKING OUT LOUD!
By Kevin Bernard. Just like that September 10th came and went, and everybody's saying that this could very well be one of the worst Septembers in recent memory where attendance and spirit are concerned. People are posting on Facebook that they're in Belize City still waiting for the parade to pass, still waiting for the jump up and flags waving and that joy which usually signifies that the September "celebrations" are underway. As much as it grieves me to say it, they're right. As a municipal administration we are trying so hard to bring back the happiness and pride which makes this a special time for all of us. But people, on a whole, are not feeling it. They are saying that it is difficult to have a September celebration when there is so very little to celebrate. And it's true. As Belizeans we should be feeling a sense of achievement in how far we have come together and in what we have achieved in our own lives and for our families, but things are really, really bad right now. Everything is getting much more expensive and it is getting harder to put food on the table. And while the cost of everything keeps going up, including our utility bills, our people aren't making more money to compensate for those increases.

NATURAL JUSTICE
By Dolores Balderamos Garcia. Last week I was reading a very keen analysis of how Dilma Rousseff's Presidency of Brazil became undone. In the article from the BBC News online, was this statement: "It is believed that the overriding concern of Brazil's well-heeled political elite is to find a way of shutting down or emasculating the corruption investigation before it goes any deeper." I said to myself - Isn't this just exactly what is happening now with the Dean Barrow administration??!! The article on former President Rousseff says that she was never implicated in the corruption and self-enrichment of the Petrobras scandal, but she paid dearly for "political" missteps. She did not want to cut deals or form alliances, and as well the economy was in recession. The article concludes that, as a result of Rousseff's impeachment and removal from office, Brazilian democracy was damaged and sullied in the eyes of many due to back-stabbing, betrayal and, as always, corruption.

THE WONDERER AND PLACENCIA PENINSULA
Happy September Celebrations to all Belizeans and those visiting us from abroad. Over the 10th weekend the Wonderer wandered on the Placencia peninsula for a short weekend. While wandering I was impressed with all the development taking place. Development is good when it is responsibly done. Saw some lots near the lagoon that are barely 60 feet from the roadside to the lagoon side. Where is the 66 feet reserve? Is it only a myth or are some land-owners more special than others? I wonder if the officers in charge of all departments are aware of many infractions occurring or they are doing like their political boses? If you di do I wan do too! Two projects aroused my curiousity. While having lunch at "The Placencia" I noticed dredging occurring within their so called marina (see photo 1 taken Friday 9th) built some years ago. There were structures of rock (A, B, C) placed in the sea partially encircling the pier. Before the marina was built lots of people used to enjoy swimming at the Placencia. The beach was sandy and you could swim out as far as possible.

Meet Griga's Rebecca Rath – Miss Belize Universe!
The judges' decision was extremely difficult, but in the end the Culture Capital's lovely Rebecca Rath was crowned "Queen of the Jewel" by Miss Belize 2006 Maria Jeffery. A 23-year-old University of Houston graduate, Rebecca was the complete package - an athletic beach volleyball player, she exuded health and vigor and answered perceptively on social issues. She won 'Top Model, Beach Beauty' and was voted the People's Choice on the pageant's Facebook page. Her cultural costume represented the habanero pepper and Rebecca was quite eloquent in her monologue on the subject. Rebecca's prizes include a university scholarship from the Ministry of Education but she won't have much time for that just yet as she leaves for Los Angeles next month to begin her training for the Miss Universe pageant, which will be held at the Mall of Asia in Manila, Philippines on January 30, 2017. She'll go up against close to 100 other beauties, of which 61 of her rivals have already been confirmed. Belizeans will be rooting for Rebecca to be crowned as the successor to reigning Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach of the Philippines.

Free-fall Recession
Our last recession in Belize occurred in 2009 as a consequence of the bursting of the Housing Bubble that occurred in the United States commencing in the last quarter of 2007. The U.S. Housing Bubble was created when very poor and questionable decisions were taken in the U.S. housing market to spur housing growth. Buyers who were from the outset unable to repay their new housing loans were lured in by unscrupulous lenders. This was a scheme based on greed and total disregard for the welfare of those borrowers. In the case of Belize, the Barrow Administration cannot blame any external factors for the two consecutive quarters of economic contraction (January - July 2016), now clearly an official recession of our economy. Even after benefiting from the bounty of taxes on the windfall from BNE when world oil prices were high, and from PetroCaribe largesse, their short-sighted and politically motivated economic policies have backfired with a clear burst.

William Mason Back in Court
William Danny Mason, aka Rajesh Ouellett, the Guyanese born fraudster and apparent mastermind behind one of Belize's most gruesome crimes, the beheading murder of Pastor Llewellyn Lucas, appeared in the Belize City Magistrate's Court this morning along with his four co-defendants who were all scheduled to receive disclosure today. The specific charges that brought Mason and his co-defendants to court today was the murder charge in connection with Pastor Lucas and the kidnapping and conspiracy to kidnapping. Mason is being represented by attorneys Herbert Panton, Dickie Bradley and Oscar Selgado. As the Court convened, Panton who was not attired in his attorney's garb squared off with the prosecutor in the case, attorney and Assistant Commissioner of Police Chester Williams.

Barrow is AFRAID of Senator Lizarraga
On two separate occasions, Thursday, September 1, 2016 and Friday, September 9, 2016, Mr. Barrow has stated categorically that he would never entertain a Committee into UDP corruption being chaired by private sector Senator Mark Lizarraga. He has not given a reason why, even though the question has been put to him, except to say NO! Why is the Prime Minister so afraid of Senator Lizarraga? The fact of the matter is that if there is no corruption to be unearthed, and if the Prime Minister and his Ministers named in the Audit Reports are as pure as the driven snow, then there is no reason to be. If the Prime Minister and his UDP have nothing to hide, then it doesn't really matter if God chairs the Committee (God, not Godwin). If there is no evidence of wrongdoing or outright corruption, one would think that the Prime Minister would be happy to invite the most intense scrutiny and to open the gates wide.

MINOR EXECUTED IN THE CITY!
The life of 17 year-old Belize City resident Deandre Nembhard, 17, was cut short when he was gunned down and killed at the start of the Saint George's Caye Holiday. It happened on Croton Lane, just a few blocks away from his Nutmeg Street residence where he was socializing with his family members at the home of his aunt and uncle. They were bringing in the 10th of September holiday when he was gunned down and killed. He had been enjoying the company of friends and relatives all the way past the midnight hour on Friday. Unfortunately, at around 2 a.m., a vehicle pulled up and an unknown gunman jumped out. He immediately opened fire on the group hitting Nembhard several times. Police can't say that he was the intended target, but his family has told the press that there can be no doubt that it was him.

PM Bows Under Pressure from Churches
After a relentless campaign by different sections of the Churches, Prime Minister Dean Barrow has been forced to backpedal. He will now be appealing the Chief Justice's ruling on Section 53 of the Criminal Code which made gay sex (among other acts of carnal intercourse against the order of nature) legal. But what's the context of his sudden change of heart? The reality is that this is a moment when the Government is under intense pressure from all quarters. Some of the Churches think it is wrongheaded not to appeal. The unions and the business community are looking at the Auditor General's reports which point to glaring irregularities, if not outright corruption. The teachers, who are also concerned about the integrity of elected politicians, are due the last 3% increase for their salary adjustment and the Barrow Government has requested that they wait until next year. So, there is a lot of public resentment all around, as shown by the massive PUP protest mounted last Wednesday.

Police Officers Forced to Live in Inhumane Conditions
Despite many requests for assistance and consideration, Police Officers stationed in Caye Caulker have been forced to live in a completely dilapidated, rundown and decrepit dorm. As one officer told the Belize Times just this week, "we are sure that if the Police Minister has a dog, his dog doesn't live like this." We dug into the archives and were able to confirm that the conditions of the Police dorm on the island came to light in November, 2014. Officers then complained bitterly that apart from the aesthetics of the building which is falling apart, it is a danger to them because the structure in some places is at the point of collapse. And to add insult to possible injury, the facilities they were forced to use were barely functional and certainly not sanitary.

Guatemalans Assert Sovereignty over Sarstoon Island
A small group of Guatemalan civilians continues to make trips to Sarstoon Island, which is part of Belize's territory, to claim ownership of the island. The group calls the activity "Independence Expedition" and plants Guatemalan flags and posters depicting maps that include Belize as part of Guatemala, sings the Guatemalan national anthem, and makes declarations of one day "recovering" what they consider "lost territory", referring to all of Belize's territory. In their most recent trip to the island, on Saturday September 3rd, the group launched attacks on the Organisation of American States and their expert investigation into the shooting death of Guatemalan minor Julio Alvarado Ruano in Belizean territory. The findings of that probe have vindicated the Belize Defence Force, whom the Guatemalan Government had accused for the tragic death and against whom they had launched an international smear campaign.

If Dah Noh Soh!
In love with the Coco! Really swear to God I tried to resist but lerd help me I couldn't. I'll probably lose friends over this crap and I know if the swarthy sour one gets his/her hands on me I'm doomed. Check this out. That Pakeman cocaine thing is no joke. But it's gone way past him now. That lab report was deliberately withheld from the DPP by Police. Nobody wants to hear crap bout some officer being ordered to take it to her office but it got lost or never did reach. That's bullshit. Broaster needs to come better than that. And this is the part that really pisses me off. This guy Dawson is already dead. His family is grieving. It's a terrible tragedy. And then somebody screws with his blood specimen to make it look like he was drunk to give credibility to the story that he was riding in the middle of the road.

Questions to Ministers
Since he is very familiar with the concept of electoral fraud, could the Member for Queen Square say if the Speaker of the House, Michael Peyrefitte, may be guilty of that when he continues to vote in Queen Square even though he lives in King's Park? Could the Member for Queen Square and Prime Minister say what part of the Constitution gives him the right to dictate the composition of the Senate Inquiry into the rampant corruption in Immigration by his Ministers revealed in the Auditor-General's Reports? Could the unelected Minister of Police provide a status report on the investigation into William Danny Mason, and say whether that investigation covered allegations that he and many of his colleagues were engaged in impropriety and wrongdoing in regards to influence-peddling and other shady services? .

UDP 'Chances' People of Cayo South
Two weeks ago Cayo South Area Representative Julius Espat was illegally suspended from the House of Representatives and dragged out by Police on the instructions of Speaker Michael Peyrefitte. That day will go down in history as BLACK FRIDAY when democracy was trampled by the UDP who used the Police to bully and rough up duly elected Members of Parliament. But Mr. Barrow and his government are not satisfied with that farce. They have decided to go further and punish the people of Cayo South. Clerk of the National Assembly Eddie Webster has written to Carla Alpuche of the Human Resource Management Information System (HRMIS) to inform her no monies are to be paid to Hon, Julius Espat "until there is a resolution of the House in accordance with Section 44(7) of the Standing Orders."

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

One man charged for drug trafficking in Benque
This morning Special Branch personnel in Benque Viejo arrested two men who were caught with suspected cannabis along the George Price boulevard in Benque. Charges have been levied on Francisco Aldana for drug trafficking because he was found in possession of the drug. The other [�]

Teen commits suicide in Benque Viejo Del Carmen
BBN has received reports that a 15-year-old student of Mopan Technical High School in Benque Viejo Del Carmen committed suicide last night. According to reports, the teen was suicidal and last year had attempted to commit suicide with other students from her high school. [�]

International Sourcesizz

Belize's growth program bucks the trend of the Caribbean sugar industry
With the abolition of EU sugar production quotas looming in October 2017 there is the general expectation that some of the big EU producers will start producing more beet sugar than they have been able to do under the current regime.

Tour de Turtles Journey from Cuba to Florida
This past Summer, I had the amazing opportunity to travel to Maria La Gorda, Cuba, the far most western tip of Cuba as part of the Sea Turtle Conservancy Sea Turtle Expedition. While the core part of our trip was to tag sea turtles to be entered in the upcoming Tour de Turtles race, the trip also provided a wonderful introduction to Cuba. Beginning with a two night stay at the Historic Hotel Nacional and a tour of the five plazas in historic Old Havana, we then left Havana for Maria LaGorda. This is important new research as there has been little tracking of sea turtles in Cuba. Already through the tracking devices we have seen one turtle Esperanza nest in both Cuba and Mexico traveling first to Belize and then hugging the coast line around the Yucatan. This is the first time a sea turtle has been documented as nesting in two different countries in the same season.

Videos

• SARSTOON ECO CHALLENGE 2016, 9min.

• Carnival Highlights 2016, 3min.

• Life in Mexico and the Caribbean, 5min. Leg one of our journey, feat good times in Mexico, Cuba, Belize and Northern Guatemala

• Local Voices for Climate Action: A Message from Maya Leaders Alliance of Southern Belize, UNDP Equator Prize Winner, Belize, 1.5min. This film is one in a series to highlight the contribution of indigenous peoples' and local communities' traditional knowledge to climate action. It is a part of a broader social media campaign designed to raise awareness of indigenous peoples' and local communities' solutions to global problems - especially climate change - while global leaders attend "Climate Week" events in New York City during the time of the 2016 United Nations General Assembly.

• Local Voices for Climate Action: A Message from Maya Leaders Alliance of Southern Belize, UNDP Equator Prize Winner, Belize 2, 1.5min.

• , min.

• Belize 2016, 5min. The Rabbon family spend 2 weeks in Belize for our family vacation in 2016. We spent 1 week in the jungle and 1 week on the beach. I would like to thank Papa Rabbon for planning such an amazing trip and Mama Rabbon for being so adventurous with us. I hope you enjoy. ( :

• Snorkeling in Caye Caulker, Belize, 2min.

• Bonita fishing Belize, 1min. Fishing in San Pedro, Belize.

• Belize Carnival 2016 #1, 8.5min. The 2016 Belize City Carnival road march held on Saturday 17 September. This years September National Celebrations Theme.

• Ziplining-Belize 2016, 2.5min.

• Belize short film, 4min. This was a spad of 1 or 2 days of being in water in Belize.

• Spring Hill College ISIP Alumni Trip Belize City 2016, 3.5min. In July 2016, eleven Spring Hill College alumni came together with Fr. R.V. Baylon, S.J., in Belize City to build a house for Natalie and her six children. Special thanks to SHC Campus Ministry and Alumni Offices as well as Hand in Hand Ministries for coordinating our service efforts. Thank you to the Garifuna dancers for sharing their wonderful music.

• Belize, mi amor, 4min. Just a few snippets of my trip to Belize this past September. Thanks for watching and hope you enjoy!

• Belize Honeymoon 2015, 4min.

• Cutter Ants Cut Trail Through Yard in Belize, Central America, 1min.

• Mayan Woman Washing Clothes in Belize, Central America, 1/2min. This is how they do it in Belize. No electricity needed!

• Notting Hill Carnival - Samba Dancers 2016, 5min.

• Belize Day 2: Chris and Leah Adventure to Tikal Ruins in Guatamala, 4min. Chris and Leah adventure to the Tikal ruins in Guatemala with friends they met along the way.

• Belize Carnival 2016 -Belize Carnival Full HD, 3min.

• Sharks @ Hol Chan Reserve, Belize, 4.5min.

• Arnotts in Belize 2016, 3min. hort video of a trip to Belize and Guatemala with my parents earlier this summer

• belize 2016, 4min.

• A PRESENTATION BY BELIZEAN-AMERICAN SCHOLAR AARON FRNACIS ON "IDENTITY"!, 9min. The presentation was made at the Kennedy School of Government's Center for Public Leadership in Boston, Massachusetts.