Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#517714 09/21/16 10:39 AM
P
OP Offline
P
I would like to get some feedback from other members who can advise me. I will be coming to Belize at the end of October and really want to take my drone in order to capture our vacation through aerial video/photography. Is there a special permit I need to apply for and or register my drone before using it? Will customs at the International airport confiscate my drone or is it not a big deal since it isn't an item I am importing, simply bringing on vacation. I am well aware that there are many local flights in Belize and so flying a drone is something I take very seriously and cautiously, I only fly it within line of sight and only to photograph/video of us and the surrounding environment. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

N
N
To import you need a permit which I recently applies for.

Last week I was informed that there was a moratorium on temporary imports by non residents. I could not get a straight answer on imports by residents.

Here is a link to the civil aviation administration contacts page. http://www.civilaviation.gov.bz/index.php/contact-bdca

I was speaking with Ms. Bautista. You may want to drop her a note.

If you are discovered bringing a a drone without a permit in they will impound it and return it when you leave the country. Or at least this is what they are saying.............

Last edited by NevadaJoe; 09/21/16 11:33 AM.
P
OP Offline
P
Thanks for your input NevadaJoe. I reached out to the Aviation authority and received a reply from Ms. Bautista, there is in fact a moratorium and it also applies to Belizeans. I happen to be Belizean/American dual citizen and I was informed/advised against bringing the drone as Customs will confiscate it and return it upon my departure if I do bring it. Guess I will stick with my hand held goPro this time around. Maybe when I am in Belize I will look into trying to get a permit and if I do then next vacation I will take my drone.

I think some rude droners ruined it for others.....
Glad you are planning on coming down repeatedly!

P
OP Offline
P
Thanks Diane! I do plan on coming repeatedly, hopefully once or twice a year. It has been way too long, the last time I was in Belize was in 02. I do plan on making a move there eventually, although not permanently. I can see myself living there part of the year....I love the Pacific Northwest and although it rains a lot it is very beautiful here. I have family and friends in Belize, some have their businesses in San Pedro and I do miss the laid back lifestyle of Belize in General.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 353 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.