Making their mark on the world

Tucked in a lush green valley en route to the rich rainforest of Belize lies one of the most picturesque villages of Belize: San Antonio. I may be a bit biased considering it is my home village, and to my Maya heart, the prettiest ever.

Tucked in a lush green valley en route to the rich rainforest of Belize lies one of the most picturesque villages of Belize: San Antonio. I may be a bit biased considering it is my home village, and to my Maya heart, the prettiest ever.

On October 19th and 20th Timotea Mesh née Canto, Josepha Canto, Laura Mesh, Claribel Tzib and Rafael Canto headlined a fantastic event at SUNY Cortland in Cortland, New York, United States.

Thanks to the efforts of Professor Jeremiah Donovan, a professor of ceramics in the Art and Art History Department at at SUNY Cortland in Cortland, New York, United States, through a National Endowment of the Arts grant in Spring 2016, the group was able to witness their work on display at an international scale. 35 contemporary pottery pieces are on display at Dowd Gallery, along with 20 ancient Maya objects on loan from the Herbert F. Johnson Museum of Art at Cornell University, and several other related tools and materials.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the My Beautiful Belize Blog