Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#51895 - 04/24/02 05:28 PM Introduction / Warning for others
Southern Bound Offline
Hello to all posters and any non-posters commonly referred to as lurkers. First I would like to thank the posters on this site and the message board administrators for the valuable information that I have gotten as former Lurkers. Gotta suck up some.

We are going to AC 6/6 for 4 nights for a good friends wedding. Should be a big freaking Gringo/ Chica party. If you are there then, you may encounter some people from the Atlanta area that are very friendly and sometimes in the state of intoxication. Albeit it to say, mostly in that state of condition. Join in the reindeer games or just criticize from afar.

Staying at Ramonís Village in a Beachfront Hut type thing. I think maybe something similar to a duplex. Kind of $. I was in Costa Rica rafting in November and everything was 1/3 of the price there. I know, for you resort promoters, its a resort and it cost more... Yada, yada...BS, i guess get it if you can. I'm suckered.

I am not running point on this game but was curious about how the Golf Carts are rented. Can't take the clubs but I can run around with a Rum Punch in hand and accost the quiet scared types. Incidentally, do they come with floatation devices? JK... Really, JK, about the accosting part.

Looking forward to more Trip Reports and will be sure to post mine, with censorship of course.

[This message has been edited by Southern Bound (edited 04-24-2002).]

#51896 - 04/24/02 05:46 PM Re: Introduction / Warning for others
paluxy Offline
SB.....yeeehaa! Sounds like fun, we will be there from 6/10-6/17. We will be sure to join in reindeer games! I'll be Rudolph the Red Head! We are at Journey's End (JE). We were looking at Ramon's but opted for the North End!!! We will be on the look out for u!
SB-you changed ur dates on us!!! I was looking forward to the games!!! Maybe next time.

[This message has been edited by paluxy (edited 04-24-2002).]

#51897 - 04/24/02 06:56 PM Re: Introduction / Warning for others
Big Frank Offline
Ramons is close enough to town that you won't need a golf cart. You could rent one on 1 or 2 days to explore North of the cut, or South to Victoria house. IMAHO the random taxi will be cheaper and perhaps informative. For daytime mostly sober trips, I take a bike.

#51898 - 04/24/02 08:12 PM Re: Introduction / Warning for others
tgirl Offline
ramons is very nice... dont even need to leave your beach to have a good time there! it is $$$, but a cute pool, bar and restarunt. make sure ya'll stumble over to Hustlers bar/ restaurnt for a good time. i just got back from there and plan on going back real soon! dont be fooled by the panty rippers either!

#51899 - 04/24/02 09:59 PM Re: Introduction / Warning for others
Southern Bound Offline
Thanks Big Frank and TGirl for the comments. I will take the advice and hoof it a little. Although, I still like the idea of sporting my handsome ass around in a golf cart being social with all my new friends.

Regards and thanks again.

SB

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
3 registered (Marty, lomckenna, Pokey), 31 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,032 Topics
462,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.