Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#52039 06/08/02 10:38 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Hope eveyone can stand another question from a newcomer. With the money I am saving on lodging (I can't believe I got a nice air conditioned room with a view of the ocean for 30/per night!, I was thinking about taking a diving certification course. Not the resort one, but the other that takes about 3-4 days. I started this process about fifteen years ago, but never completed the course. Any suggestions on the best place to take this course? Also, most courses seem to run about 350-400 and say they include everything (gear, instuction and 3-4 dives). Is this true? Or are there other costs I should be considering? I will be in AC for two weeks, and I thought this might be a great sport to begin as a single traveler??
Thanks for all your help. The advice given has been wonderful!

#52040 06/09/02 04:54 AM
You should probably give serious consideration to getting your own mask and snorkel.

However, if you don't end up taking care of that before you leave home, don't worry about it. As long as you are taking your course with one of the reputable operators you should be just fine.

That said, aside from all the other reasons, despite the snorkeling off of the beach not being so great in SP, it is still nice to be able to go out on the end of a dock and paddle around. If you have your own mask and snorkel, you can still see all kind so things.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#52041 06/09/02 07:49 AM
A
A
What hotel did you find that rate at?

Achu

#52042 06/09/02 07:52 AM
A
A

Achu

#52043 06/09/02 08:25 AM
A
A

Achu

#52044 06/09/02 08:26 AM
A
A
sheeesh... my computer is having some problems!!! (either that or I had WAAAAY too much coffe this morning!)

Sorry!

Achu

#52045 06/09/02 09:50 AM
E
OP Offline
E
All the dive places listed that I checked on this website listed the cost at this price. The blue hole dive shop is the one that specifically stated instuction, diving and equipment is included in price. I am not sure if the other shops include the equipment, or if there is an extra rental fee?. I think Ramon's might have been 275.00. Why do you ask? Is there anything wrong with this price?

#52046 06/09/02 10:02 AM
A
A
Sorry, I obviously did have too much caffiene this morning...

No, the diving price is fine.. I was actually asking about the hotel price... (I´m thinking of making another quick trip down there this month and haven´t gotten a return email from the place I wanted to stay at...) So, I was wondering what other options I have...

As for diving, Congrats on deciding to take the plunge! You will LOVE diving!!! (especially if you already love snorkeling) Just a hint, I HIGNLY RECOMMEND you get the PADI open water manual and read it at home before you get here. Answer all the knowledge reviews. It will make your certification that much easier (and you will actually have more time to enjoy being on vacation!)

Good luck
Achu

PS, Am I making more sense now? ok, ok.. I´ll lay off the coffee!

#52047 06/09/02 10:15 AM
E
OP Offline
E
Achu

That non rely would not happen to be from Rubies? Just wondering because they are the only place that has not answered yet. The 30.00 room is at the del rio, but I have been advised against this place. I am going to call Rubies right now and I will let you know what they say. I am looking forward to learning to dive. I have not done it before because believe it or not my one biggest irrational fear is being eaten by a shark. Lions, tigers, bears, no problem. Sharks-terrified. It is about time I faced this, however, as it has kept me from doing this much sooner!

#52048 06/09/02 10:19 AM
K
K
Most instructors here are excellent and have a similiar price structure. Make sure the quoted fee also includes the PIC envelope, which you'll send into PADI to get your certification card.

Usually the only additional fee is the Park Fee at Hol Chan Marine Reserve, where you'll probably do the first two of your four open water dives.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.