Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#519638 - 12/10/16 05:43 AM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Belize’s Rebecca Rath On the Road to Miss Universe

Rebecca Rath

The road to the Miss Universe Pageant to be held in the Philippines started in September for Rebecca Rath. Known as Bex, the twenty-three-year-old beauty from Dangriga, has been preparing arduously to compete in the pageant to be held in Manila, against over a hundred other beauties from all over the world. She is talented, well-spoken, gorgeous and determined to place Belize on the map. News Five’s Duane Moody reports.

Duane Moody, Reporting

On September tenth, the journey to the Miss Universe Pageant 2016 began for twenty-three-year-old Rebecca Rath. The Belizean beauty ambassador captured the title after several exciting rounds of competition at the Bliss Center for the Performing Arts. But the win was only the start of the challenge to make the cut at least to the top fifteen in the international pageant. With that ambition and drive, Bex, as she is affectionately known, got down to work – pageant training, staying physically fit as well as working on the many presentations with her team got underway.

Rebecca Rath, Miss Belize Universe

“It’s a lot of work; I had to change my entire lifestyle. I mean it is a mindset that you have to get into and you got to stick with it until the pageant. So it’s been working on my body, working on my speech, working on world issue. just being able to be educated and knowledgeable of what’s going on in the world because you never know what they’ll ask you out there. So it is a lot of work, but I am enjoying it. Yes, I’m at the gym…of course I have to go to the gym twice a day—a healthy diet, healthy eating….but a lot of it has to do with your mind as well. So you gotta always make sure that you are rested and you are positive. You can’t have any negative thoughts; you just gotta do what you gotta do. (Chuckles)”

Even before winning the title, Bex worked with children in the Culture Capital; she mentors underprivileged kids and coached the female volleyball team. She’s also been an ambassador for tourism and female sports. Rath just recently completed a school tour and continues to advocate for children.

Rebecca Rath

“My favorite part of being Miss Belize is being able to go and visit the kids. Right now I am at the Belize Bank Christmas party that they are having and being able to see the kids faces light up and that they look up to you and they are excited about it. I enjoy it because I get to see that they have someone to look up to; they get motivated by something and then you get to be a part of something special for them. So that’s my favorite part.”

Annually, twenty-four participating countries in the pageant are featured by the Miss Universe franchise because the delegates of those respective countries are considered frontrunners in the pageant. Several weeks ago, a crew visited with Rath, who gave them a tour of Belize, bringing the spotlight on the country.

Rebecca Rath

“I am doing this for Belize…I am not doing it for myself, well maybe a little bit for myself. But I am representing where I come from and what Belize has to offer. So I was glad that they came and I got to show them a little bit about Belize. We took them to the zoo, the cayes, the waterfalls and so they got a little taste of everything that Belize had.”

Duane Moody for News Five.

Belize’s best finish came from Sarita Acosta, who in 1979 placed in the top twelve.

Channel 5

Miss Belize Rebecca - Journey to Miss Universe 2017

On Open Your Eyes....

#520652 - 01/04/17 06:20 AM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Ms. Belize To Ms. Universe

Since winning the Ms. Belize pageant in in September 2016, Rebecca Rath has been travelling the country attending events and promoting charities. She has also been preparing to represent Belize on the world stage at the 2017 Ms. Universe pageant. Today Rath left Belize to make the final preparations for the competition, which will be held in the Philippines. Before she left we got a chance to speak to her about her experience as Ms. Belize so far, and her hopes for the Ms. Universe pageant.

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"Let's backtrack a bit and talk to us about the experience after winning Miss Belize Universe and preparation into going to Miss Universe."

Rebecca Rath, Ms. Belize Universe
"It's been a lot of work, it's been conditioning your body, mind, getting your wardrobe ready and doing your research on world issues because you never know what they're going to ask you out there, what's going to happen when you in Manilla. So now that the time is finally here and I'm getting ready to leave I'm so excited, feeling prepared and ready."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"You've done a lot of work in terms of preparing wardrobe and choosing different talking points that will embody and represent Belize. What was that experience like?"

"I've been working with a few extremely talented Belizeans. For my costume segment, Roberto Pasos and David Matus have designed the most beautiful costume for me. It's gorgeous, I'm in love with it. Julie Mango has designed a huge part of my wardrobe, I was just trying on some outfits inside before I leave and everything is just perfect. As well as my two trainers in San Pedro Enrique and Victor who have gone over and beyond to make sure that I'm taken care of when I'm out there and that we get the necessary hours in for the works. The support that I've been receiving is unbelievable, I feel like there's hundreds and thousands of Belizeans that have my back. While it's a lot of pressure on me I feel so excited and honored to be able to represent us."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"We know that you're not going directly to manila yet, what are the next few days going to be like in preparation for the actual Miss Universe tournament?"

"I have about 10 days in United States before I leave for Manila. That's the final touches on my dress, final touches on my wardrobe, making sure I have proper makeup lessons and everything. It's just a little fine tuning of some details before I leave to make sure that when I get there I don't have any issues and everything is set in place."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"Tell us about what's actually going to happen in Manilla, do you know what you're going to be doing there while you're there?"

"I know a couple events that we'll be going to. We have a swimsuit fashion show. We have dinner with the president and just different cocktail events, we're going to charities and meeting people all over Manila. I know there's a women's empowerment Gala that we're supposed to go to as well so I'm excited for that but as far as everyday what we're going to be doing, I don't know as yet. When I get there it's just get up and go."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"We know obviously the overall goal is to be crowned Miss Universe, but is there may be a benchmark if you don't get crowned Miss Universe? What are your goals while you're there?"

"I learnt from sports that you have to aim for the win. Just do your best and whatever happens you'll be satisfied, but of course I'm aiming for first place. So I don't want to think about any less than that. I just want to aim for that and whatever happens I think Belize will be proud no matter what hopefully."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"We also know that you've recently been featured on many lists as potential semifinalist or potential finalist. Does that help you in terms of your motivation?"

"Of course, just yesterday one of a really big pageant site featured me as in the top 20 so that was a really big deal for me, but it just gives me a little boost of confidence. It serves a little bit of intimidation for the other girls as well and that's a big part of it. I think we're starting off on the right path and hopefully I can go there and deliver."

Alex Courtenay, 7News
"In terms of you being Miss Belize Universe for just a year, other people will obviously be trying out for the position in the next one. What is an advice you would like to give them?"

"It's a lot of work so if you're going to do it and you want to win, you have to be able to put in the hours and the work that it entails. You have to be ready to deal with backlash, people who don't have the same goal as you. You have to be able to fight that and still want to come out on top. You just need to do your best and remember Miss Belize first, so you have to represent your country before doing anything else. If you do that, then you'll be at peace when you leave because you know that your first goal is to represent Belize."

Miss Universe will be broadcast live here on channel 7 on the 29th of this month.

Channel 7

“Miss Belize” Departs for Philippines – Rebecca Rath Considered a Favourite

There’s some good news to report tonight amid all the crime…With the Miss Universe 2017 pageant just weeks away in Philippines, Rebecca Rath, our Miss Belize, left earlier today to continue preparing in the United States before heading out to Manila, where the competition will be held. Rath has been a favorite among the delegates on several pageant websites, which have been featuring her prominently as a potential semifinalist. The Miss Universe camera crew also visited with Rath in early December.  Before departing from the Phillip Goldson International Airport, Rath spoke of how excited and confident she feels with all the hard work she has undertaken in anticipation of the international pageant.

“I’ve been starting my preparation since I won Miss Belize, it’s been getting my mind right, my body, wardrobe, everything I need to get done and the day is finally here. In the states, I’m going to be doing my final touches on my evening gown and my wardrobe, and just a few more makeup and hair lessons just to make sure that when I get there I’m fully prepared because Belize is coming for the kill this year.”

Duane Moody

“What are you anticipating going there in the next couple of weeks?”

Rebecca Rath

“Well it’s a competition, so of course a lot of girls who want to be Miss Universe just like me, so I’m going in there expecting it to be a tough competition; but, so far I’m not intimidated or not nervous at all so I’m hoping that when I get there I’ll be able to make friends with the girls, get to know everybody, and then the tension will kind of ease up a little bit but I’m very excited.”

Reporter

“Rebecca, tell me what was the preparation like? Was there anything difficult about the preparation, anything you weren’t expecting?”

Rebecca Rath

“We’re in heels 24/7, that was the toughest part for me. But I don’t think anything was too tough, I made a lot of friends and some great relationships along this road and I feel very prepared for Manila. I already have a lot of pressure I feel like because I feel like all of Belize is rooting for me so that’s pressure in itself. But the fact that they placed me in the top fifteen – that’s an unbelievable feeling to know that they are already noticing a Miss Belize after so many years and so I’m very excited to get there and deliver what they are expecting to see, so it’s a lot of pressure but it’s unbelievably exciting. I have a great team behind me and so many talented Belizeans have come out and shown their support. I have David Matos and Roberto who have made the most beautiful costume for me; I am so excited for everyone to see it. And then Julie Mango has contributed tremendously to my wardrobe, some of my cutest outfits are from her. And I don’t know how to say thank you to those people because without them truly it wouldn’t have been possible.”

Duane Moody

“Want to give us a sneak idea of basically of what that costume is going to be?”

“Hmm… let me see, I don’t know if I can do that; but, it’s a bird. I’ll tell you it’s a bird and it’s a big beautiful bird.”

Channel 5

“Miss Belize” Departs for Philippines – Rebecca Rath Considered a Favourite

#520718 - 01/06/17 12:36 PM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Vote for Miss Belize - Rebecca Rath for Miss Universe 2016

Miss Belize - Rebecca Rath stole the stage, the crown and the hearts of many. She has departed for the Philippines to represent Belize at the Miss Universe Pageant. Please show your support by VOTING for her as your favourite candidate. The voting is easy.

Miss Universe 2016, will be the 65th Miss Universe pageant. It will be held on Sunday the 29th of January, 2017 at the Mall of Asia Arena, Pasay, Metro Manila, Philippines. Pia Wurtzbach of the Philippines will crown her successor at the end of the event.

Bon voyage and all the best of luck to our Miss Belize - Rebecca "Bex" Rath!

https://pageantsnews.com/vote/2-miss-universe-2016

#520723 - 01/06/17 06:13 PM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
She is KILLING it!!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#520833 - 01/12/17 02:34 PM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy
Miss Belize Universe arrives in Manila... photo by Tony Rath

#520939 - 01/17/17 06:05 AM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Rebecca Rath Taking Philippines by Storm

Rebecca Rath is among ninety delegates from countries all over competing for the crown of Miss Universe. Only once has Belize been able to make it among the top ten was in 1970’s, Rath hopes to break and improve that record. But the challenges for the girl from Dangriga are immense. Tonight, she is in Manila, Philippines, host of the pageant, where she is gaining points and turning heads. News Five’s Duane Moody has been following Rebecca’s progress. 

Duane Moody, Reporting

Social media is abuzz with news about Rebecca Rath, as the twenty-three year old beauty ambassador attempts to capture the title for the first time for the Jewel. Rath, who is from the Culture Capital/Dangriga, is currently in Manila Philippines along with eighty-nine other delegates from across the world vying for the crown. Last Tuesday, she arrived at her destination. Not too long after, it was hair, makeup and photo shoots with other delegates.

“I’m back in my room after a long day of fittings and registration. We had a whole bunch of paper work to fill out and then photo shoots and three interviews. So it’s a very long day and very hectic because there is about eighty of us girls trying to get this long list of things done. But thankfully I am almost done. I have one more thing left to do and that is pick my competition swimsuit.”

…and competition ready Bex is. Her costume, which was made by David Matus and Roberto Pasos is depicting the scarlet macaw bird and her competition gown was designed in the U.S. While she only just now decided to take on pageantry, Rath is no stranger to competition. She is a volleyball athlete now turn coach and she works with young people in her hometown. Her preparation has her confident.

Rebecca Rath

“I am feeling very confident. There are some beautiful girls here and some really nice people, but this is a competition and I am going in it, doing my best and keeping all of you in my mind. It’s a lot of work…l had to change my entire lifestyle. I mean it is a mindset that you have to get into and just stick with it until the pageant. So it’s been working on my body, working on my speech, working on world issue…just being able to be educated and knowledgeable about what’s going on in the world because you never know what they’ll ask you. So it’s a lot of work but I am enjoying it.”

But while the pageant has many areas of competition, including the preliminaries and the dreaded questions, we have all come to anticipate the finalists’ personal definition of what it means to be “confidently beautiful.” Bex says, “I think what makes a woman confidently beautiful is being comfortable with who you are and what you believe in. Confidently beautiful means being genuine and respecting others; being able to make an impact on those around you based on your values and actions and not solely on your appearance.” Go Belize! Duane Moody for News Five.

The pageant airs on Fox on January twenty-ninth at six p.m. We’ll bring you that and periodic reports from Manila. 

Channel 5

Rebecca Rath arrives in the Philippines to represent Belize in Miss Universe 2017

After winning the Miss Belize Universe pageant in September 2016, the lovely Rebecca Rath finally landed in Manila, Philippines on Wednesday, January 11th, where she will compete in the 65th edition of the Miss Universe pageant. Rath had previously departed Belize on January 3, 2017 to the United States, where she trained and met several media groups.

The pageant will be held on January 30, 2017 at the Mall of Asia Arena. Rath, along with 85 other contestants, has been preparing arduously for the grand event. With millions of viewers expected to watch the pageant, Rath’s poise, intelligence, and beautiful personality has been growing in popularity both locally and internationally. Rath gained even more recognition after a professional pageantry website, Missosology.info, recently offered an in depth assessment of the Miss Universe contestants. The site ranked Rath 18th, predicting that she would make it within the Top 25.

Rath has definitely been an inspiration to many young girls across the country, and she offered some advice to anyone pursuing Miss Belize 2017. “It’s a lot of work, so if you’re going to do it and you want to win, you have to be able to put in the hours and the work that it entails. You have to be ready to deal with backlash, people who don’t have the same goal as you. You have to be able to fight that and still want to come out on top. You just need to do your best and remember Miss Belize first, so you have to represent your country before doing anything else. If you do that, then you’ll be at peace when you leave because you know that your first goal is to represent Belize,” said Rath.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

#520974 - 01/18/17 06:24 AM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Have you voted as yet?

Barbadian beauty Shannon Harris has won the hearts of many persons throughout the world, who are voting for the winner of Kaleidoscope of Pageantry People’s Poll.

Of the more than 80 countries represented at this year's Miss Universe pageant in The Philippines, Miss Barbados Shannon Harris has a narrow lead over Miss Belize Rebecca Rath.

Persons can go to the pageant's page to choose the candidate they believe should take the crown at the 65th edition of Miss Universe pageant.

When the poll is finished, whichever beauty tops the votes will be featured in a special editorial during the contest.

Harris has a total of 65 706 votes, resulting in 23 percent of the tally, while Rath is close behind with 64109 votes or 23.4 percent.

Time to get voting. Click here to do so.

#520983 - 01/18/17 07:15 AM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Diane Campbell Offline
Diane Campbell  Offline
Wen you go to this page you will think the countries are all alphabetical .... Not so.
Keep scrolling down the list and you will eventually get to Belize. Start looking after the USA.
Vote early, vote often!!

#520997 - 01/18/17 07:36 PM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
wow.....just a few votes out of first place.....seems to be a landslide for the top 2 vote getters.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#521058 - 01/20/17 01:10 PM Re: Miss Belize Universe Pageant 2016 [Re: Marty]  
Marty Online happy
Marty  Online Happy

Video: Up Close: Miss Universe Belize: kind of a bio, she's a water baby!

Contestant Interview

Fun Friday Chat on Open your Eyes

Most of the first 23 minutes a phone call with Miss Belize Universe Rebecca Rath

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lil� Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Marty, Moguai, 1 invisible), 55 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics64,609
Posts463,919
Members18,748
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.