Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#52143 - 03/21/02 01:40 PM seven seas resort
sactownsista Offline
hey can anyone tell me if seven seas resort sits in a good spot, and how the accomodations are?

#52144 - 03/21/02 02:00 PM Re: seven seas resort
IslandinParadise Offline
I stayed at Seven Seas over Christmas. I liked the location a lot. Not directly in town but close enough to walk there whenever you want. A grocery store is pretty close. I would say it is about a 7 minute walk into the center of town. I love the beach area out front. They have lounge chairs on the beach in front of the rooms and tons of palm trees. The only not so great thing is the fact that part of the beach in front of the property is a road. There is a pier with a dive shop directly in front of the hotel. You can swim off of it. The rooms are pretty basic, but still nice. The kitchen has everything you could need in it. The bedroom and bathroom are both great too. You have a small porch with 2 chairs on it. Air conditioning. The pool is ok. Not on the beach, so it gets a little hot back there but the way it is planted is pretty nice. I wouldn't want to stay there with more than 2 people to a room because they are small rooms. The price is really good for what you are getting.

[This message has been edited by IslandinParadise (edited 03-21-2002).]

#52145 - 03/21/02 07:43 PM Re: seven seas resort
seashell Offline
How much vehicular traffic does that road out front of Seven Seas get?

#52146 - 03/21/02 08:01 PM Re: seven seas resort
papaflo Offline
we stayed at the seven seas twice last year; once just CC and I, and the other with my 3 grown kids. CC and I are also going to be staying there again 3/30--4/6 this year. needless to say we love the place. there is not enough traffic on the road to be noticed---the pool is very nice--the rooftop is great--Papi*s is right behind it--and its just far enough from Fidos to be able to walk off that last Belikan.

#52147 - 03/21/02 08:52 PM Re: seven seas resort
Debbie Offline
Seven Seas gets a thumbs up from me!! Hubby and I stayed there last summer for a week. We loved the location. It is on the edge of town. Hardly any traffice on the "road" in front of it. Papi's diner is right behind it, and it turned out to be my favorite restaurant. good food, reasonably priced. The rooms are small, but really, how much time do you intend on being there? They are decorated real cute, and the view was great. I personally liked the pool. It was quiet and pretty. You can't go wrong for the price. We would stay there again.
Debbie

#52148 - 03/22/02 01:30 PM Re: seven seas resort
sactownsista Offline
thanks gang you have all put my mind at ease! in fact this whole message board is great because it is hard trying to make plans for a location you have never been to, while you are sitting in california, and i actually feel like i kinda know you regular writers and perhaps we will meet sometime!

#52149 - 03/22/02 06:30 PM Re: seven seas resort
seashell Offline
sactownsista, since you are concerned about the beaches, you will probably be happier at Seven Seas than some other places. It is a bit more quiet up there. Not as many docks, not quite as much boat traffic.

#52150 - 03/22/02 06:40 PM Re: seven seas resort
mountain Larry Offline
Hello Sactownsista,
When will you be visiting AC? My wife and I will also be first time visitors also staying at the Seven Seas. We will be there from June 10 to June 17.

#52151 - 03/23/02 07:44 AM Re: seven seas resort
sactownsista Offline
haven't actually picked a date yet because i am already scheduled to go to cancun in july so it will be after that

#52152 - 03/23/02 07:25 PM Re: seven seas resort
Over_40_Pirate Offline
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Seven Seas is ship-shape! Great place, great price....Sherrie and Carol are top-notch for a coupla snowbirds! They'll take great care of you! Psst....one big plus at 7 Seas is they have a cistern. The island lost water for several days when we were there last summer. No toilets, no showers....not so at 7 Seas...I was the only sweet-smellin' pirate on the whole island!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dabunk), 41 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.