Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#52221 - 03/23/02 01:16 PM san pedro
spanky Offline
How far is the airport on ambergris from the main town of san pedro? How much for a taxi to town from the airport? Where can you rent golf carts and how much are they ? Thanks folks!

#52222 - 03/23/02 01:22 PM Re: san pedro
Debbie Offline
the airport is pretty much in town. As far as taxis, most hotels will send a car for you included in your hotel stay.... email the place where you are staying and ask. They will arrange it. Will have cold beer and soda in your room waiting as well. A taxi is only about $5. Golf carts are wonderful and I recommend them. A LOT of fun. We paid $200 for a week. Not bad.

#52223 - 03/23/02 04:06 PM Re: san pedro

Yer crackin' me up here. The "airport is pretty much in town". Good grief, ya damn near fall out of the plane into "city hall". It's still not as much fun since they took that little dogleg out of the runway. Dead on about the golf carts. 10 days, about $250 US. Cripes, if SWMBO didn't let me get one I'd actually have to WALK someplace. Perish the thought. Savin' the energy for more cerebral pursuits. Hic.

#52224 - 03/23/02 08:52 PM Re: san pedro
Bittner Offline
The price on all reports previously are dead on with the golf cart rentals. The real kicker is that one of the main streets is closed and from where we were staying at Banyan Bay they have guards and a rope that goes up when a plane comes in. After the plane lands, then all carts, bikes and vehicles cross over the landing strip to the other side where all the shops, restaurants, etc. is. What a hoot!!! WATCH FOR PLANES!!! It just adds to the ambience of the place.

#52225 - 03/23/02 09:10 PM Re: san pedro
KJ Offline
Were did you rent golf carts for $250 ten days.
Or anyone else where are they reasonable.

#52226 - 03/24/02 01:11 PM Re: san pedro

If my short term memory serves me right, y'all are staying up at Belizian Shores? If so, a cart is a bit of a tricky thing up north. The "road" north, past the Palapa, can be a bit of a challenge from time to time. If in fact you are staying there perhaps a daily rental to explore the south end would be your best bet.

10 days is usually around $300 US, but in the spirit of competitive commerce we've been able to leverage "frequent carter points" combined with the volume that having a mob provides(3+ at a time). If in fact you are at BZS, rumor has it that the bar and pool may get a workout on Friday next. I'll apologize in advance, they don't get out of town much, and just don't behave properly in public.

#52227 - 03/24/02 03:10 PM Re: san pedro
spanky Offline
Can you rent golf carts and take them on he ferry across the river ? Is there a charge for the ferry? How much can you really see of san pedro/ambergris caye from a golf cart? Thanks folks.

#52228 - 03/24/02 03:39 PM Re: san pedro
rickcheri Offline
A golf cart is a must...really FUN...yes, you can go north on the pull ferry, charge of 5.00 BZ round trip.....i think??

#52229 - 03/24/02 08:03 PM Re: san pedro
Debbie Offline
Okay Chooch..... I didn't want him to think he would be landing on a downtown street or something....
I think the golf cart place we rented from was Cholos or something like that. It was off season, so it was $200 for a week, and $250 for 10 days. We got it for the whole 10 days. I loved it. You take it back every other day or so and they give you another one with a fresh battery charge. they will come get you if you break down as well.
Yes, you can take the cart on the ferry. Although I did so with a great deal of reservation. Hubby had spent a good part of the day on a bar stool at BC's and when we pulled onto the ferry, he failed to set the brake.... We almost ended up in the cut!! Thank goodness there were a couple of strapping young men behind us to hold on!!! I saw my life flash before my eyes (in an inibriated fog of course)but scarey none the less...

#52230 - 03/24/02 08:12 PM Re: san pedro
rickcheri Offline
Too Funny!!!!

On our trip before, they had some new guys working the ropes and one of them let the rope go and we ended down in the mangroves.. It was funny to see all these guys jump off the barge and try to push it back.. They final got it back.. 30 min. later.. It was great!!!!! Rick

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 03-24-2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 55 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,635 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,717 Topics
461,255 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.