Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the responses on the Mayan Princess. If we are near the middle of town at the Mayan, would it be better to rent a golf cart or bicycles for the week {I'm pretty lazy while on vacation}? Actually, I'm pretty lazy all the time--lol. Anyway, which would be best and about how much would each cost? Thanks in advance.

B
B
I wouldn't rent a cart all week. You can stumble around to just about anywhere and if needed take a cab. I like to spread around some money that way and maybe glean sone info off the driver. Save the cart for the day[sunday?] you go North of the cut.

B
B
Joe's Bike Rentals (on Middle Street) run about $5.00US a day, for your average beach cruiser, a little less for weekly rates.
Carts run roughly $40.00 a day or $200.00 a week. They're fun to rent for one or two days to explore the whole island. It's a pretty small town and from the Mayan Princess most everything is nearby.
You can do a search on topics of this message-board as well.... tons of info.

Do the golf cart, you have it when you need it, and if you plan to travel the island, you will need it..... Rick

I've been there 4 times for a total of 57 days. I've rented a golf cart for 1/2 a day in all that time. I walk almost everywhere and have always stayed in town and last time was actually at the Mayan. (you'll be happy with it)

Now, I do have some regrets because every time I've been, I meant to take a large tour up and down island. So far, I just haven't made it. Too Belized out I guess. [Linked Image]

My recommendation would be to rent the cart for a day or two only. Unless, you plan on going thither and yon every day, there is no reason to have it all the time.

I wouldn't even rent a bike for the whole time, but then I'm not a family that might enjoy that. Don't forget you have to keep a pretty careful eye on your bike.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 321 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.