Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#52618 04/03/02 06:30 PM
J
OP Offline
J
Any recommendations - Banana Beach or Sunbreeze?

C
C
We stayed in an oceanfront unit last year at Banana Beach and loved it! The view was great, the beach was quiet, rooms were new, nicely furnished and big; having full kitchen was nice to have coffee and breakfast to start out the day. I haven't stayed at Sunbreeze, but the property looked nice, and it was in a good location. If you don't mind a 20-30 minute walk into town (or just grab a $5 cab) I hightly recommend BB.
Great value.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!

B
B
My vote is definitely BB - just got back from a week there recently. But, it depends what you are looking for...BB is a good walk away from town, so renting a bike or golf cart is probably necessary every once in awhile.
Sunbreeze is located right in town across from the airport - we had dinner there one night and met some of the people who stayed there. It is an older establishment, and much "rowdier". They have their own bar/restaurant ("Blue Water Grill") which is convenient, but that offers much less privacy and solitude than BB.
We were very pleased with BB's atmoshpere and liked that we could join the party when we wanted to, not be subjected to it every evening [Linked Image]

D
D
Banana Beach by a mile!!!

O
O
Beachbelle, since you just got back, how is the construction coming along at BB? Does it interfere with anything, or noise problem?We will be there on the 12th, and counting down.

B
B
As far as construction at BB, it seems far from finished (they are building a completely separate structure, not just adding on to the current), however, we were not bothered by it. We were late sleepers but usually had the ac (at least on "fan mode") running - the hum basically drowned out any other noises. We were on the first floor (#11) in the middle, though the bedroom was on the "construction side" of BB.
Those units that are in the north side of the building are only about 3ft. or less away from the construction, so it might be more bothersome there. Since BB is so accommodating, however, I'm sure they would be willing to put you in the rooms farthest from the construction (if they haven't already) especially if you request that!
If you're in a "beachfront room" (judging from the outside since I haven't been in them) I think you may avoid most of the construction area since they are set out in front of where the new building ends -- the noise may travel, though.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.