Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#52630 - 05/08/02 09:01 PM TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!
Umpara Offline
my hubby and I are planning a trip. sept./oct. first were thinking st. martin, been there, done that. now i am very intrigued with belize/ambergris. looking at cap morgans and portofino. how come airfares from miami to belize are so high? 799.00 pp? anyway, we need a heads up on where to go, what restaurants, where to stay, do we need to rent a car? doesn't sound like it. tell us everything!! we can't wait! how do you get from belize to st. pedro? little plane? scary? please tell us what you guys know. love to hear from you, umpara

#52631 - 05/08/02 09:18 PM Re: TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!
KC Offline
keep looking for airfares... I'm sure you can get it for less than 800. Check with Barb at Barb's Belize, orbitz.com, bestfares.com, flycheapol.com, etc.

No need for a car on AC... maybe a golf cart for a day.

Do a search on this board for any specific questions. We need to know what your criteria are for a place to stay (pool? restarurant? cheap? upscale? kitchen?). Look on the lodging page on this site, and narrow it down to a few, then do searches on those.

Keep reading... a wealth of info here.

Kathy

#52632 - 05/08/02 09:45 PM Re: TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
One of the best ways to quickly learn about Ambergris Caye is to spend some time on this Web site, especially going back over old messages on this board, looking at the hotel pages, skimming back issues of San Pedro Sun newspaper, etc.

--Lan Sluder
Belize books and publications by Lan Sluder:
Belize First Magazine (http://www.belizefirst.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (new 4th edition coming this summer)
Adapter Kit: Belize (the first and only comprehensive guide to living, retiring, working and investing in Belize -- a best-seller on Amazon.com)
San Pedro Cool (the first and only visitor guide to Ambergris Caye)
Belize First Guide to Mainland Belize
UpClose Central America
Belize Book of Lists

#52633 - 05/08/02 10:46 PM Re: TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!
watt Offline
We are traveling in June and I found the cheapest airfares on accessairlinetickets.com. Believe me, I checked out every discount airline ticket web site. They are the cheapest of all and because I was curious, I ran a Miami - Belize trip for October 15 - 22 and the airfares came up to $1,053 for 2 people and this includes tax. However, you would have to go through Houston on Continental Airlines and I don't know if you want the hassle of the extra connection and the extra time. But, $600 in savings might be worth it based on the quote in your message.

I was kinda freaked about using this site but decided what the heck. I was really worried about the tickets arriving as you could not call these people -- only e-mail them. The tickets did show up and they are real!! I think I also read somewhere on these boards that there is a new airline running from Miami to Belize. You might want to look for that too.

Lastly, have you checked out Belizean Shores? We are staying there and it looks fantastic and the rates and the specials are fabulous. Good Luck!

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 46 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.