Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#53034 - 05/28/02 09:08 PM New visitor
Will-13 Offline
Planning first visit next Feb. - We are family of 5 (2 adults, kids 16,13,7)..Is AC a good place for this type of group? Any and all info. would be greatly appreciated. No expert divers in the group but we all like the water, sports, etc.... Looking at White Sands Cove and Coral Bay Villas for lodging -anybody have any thoughts?

#53035 - 05/28/02 09:42 PM Re: New visitor
sweetjane Offline
with kids, for sure, pick a place with both a kitchen & a pool. i will be back in 3 weeks and let you know how it goes

#53036 - 05/28/02 10:30 PM Re: New visitor
d-jon Offline
You can visit the web page to get ideas
http://www.global-travel.co.uk

I was looking at it and it has some very good tours on it.
Hi, trina I would suggest the Orange Walk area. There is a lot to offer there. In particular there is the Lamanai Outpost lodge that offers exactly what you're looking for. You can contact me if you need more info at djones@btl.net

#53037 - 05/29/02 03:33 AM Re: New visitor
denverdan Offline
Hi there Will -13,
Welcome to the board! Iím not familiar with those places you have chosen, but hey... Iíve only been to the AC 1 and a half times. You may want to check into some places our fam has considered as well...?
The Palms Condos, Caribe Island Resort, and Banyon Bay. These are all south and have pools, kitchens, and I have yet to hear anything bad about them in the.... well, just lets say... time I have spent on this board. ;-)
There is also a home for rent on the lodging page, geeze... name escapes me now... (sorry) which also has a plunge pool which would be cool. But then again your kids are gonna want to be around their own probably.
Our first time on the Island was North, with two kids 13 & 16.... private home with a huge pool.... Not gonna get into details, but wish we had done a condo, resort, or a smaller home south! The kids absolutly LOVED town, the nightlife, everything!!!
AC is a great place... just be careful as you would anywhere else. If youíre not just trying out a family bonding thing... I would go for where your kids would be most happy.
Have a great time!!!
Sincerely,
Hope

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 44 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,353 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.